Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I mean, the whole point of lvling a class in FFXIV is for maximum glam options.

Actually playing them is second to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just some sparring practice for my RDM glam.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

This combo of a new gshape preset i was trying and the allagan terminal lighting really made this stand out for me.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Squeenix cannot force me to wear the correct colors on my mages.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hunter Noventa posted:

This combo of a new gshape preset i was trying and the allagan terminal lighting really made this stand out for me.

Looks cool as hell, like you're at an arcade

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

fool of sound posted:

Ganondorf? Is that you???

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
All pretty lowbie gear, but I was having fun leveling leatherworking. I got some real Zardoz energy going.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

All pretty lowbie gear, but I was having fun leveling leatherworking. I got some real Zardoz energy going.

That was my first glam, before I even knew the term and just wore stuff manually (not sure if ARR even had glam back then).

Subligar Pride

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

I looked at the picture before I even read what you wrote and thought "THE GUN IS GOOD"

I've never even seen Zardoz beyond that scene and a picture of... is it Sean Connery? in that getup

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Retainer brought me the Hailstone Staff, as well as the Pangyrist's Chestwrap, right as I was coming into my real power as a Black Mage. So I went with it.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

FrostyPox posted:

I looked at the picture before I even read what you wrote and thought "THE GUN IS GOOD"

I've never even seen Zardoz beyond that scene and a picture of... is it Sean Connery? in that getup

When will Square Enix give me body hair though?!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zurtilik posted:

When will Square Enix give me body hair though?!

I want some better facial hair options, and some necklace items that aren't chokers, collars or gorgets. Granted, there's a few neck items like that already, like the Heirloom ones, but, it's still 99% of the former.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah facial hair that isn't locked to particular faces would be nice.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Wanted to go for a Cowboy/Explorer outfit and came up with this. I realise the dancer weapons are the basic bitch ones but they're the only ones I have at the moment. Glamour is taking over my life.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Who cares if I'm still low level on Dragoon, I already look fancy as heck.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

The Law's Order set is alright:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

That staff is wild.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Looks like the Heavensward Relic weapon.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Looks like the Heavensward Relic weapon.

It is! I don't really play BLM, but it's what I usually use in all my BLM glamours.

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man

Ohhhh drat, this is what I aspire to be. Can I ask what went into it?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

JagerNinja posted:

Ohhhh drat, this is what I aspire to be. Can I ask what went into it?

Most of it is just Adept’s gear, which is level 50 scrip caster stuff. The chest piece is a level 1 thing called an Astral Silk robe or something, dyed woad blue.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

One of my favorite things to do for Glamours in FFXIV is emulate the style of the “artifact armors” for a class without actually using the armor. Though I’ll sometimes allow myself to use the hat if it’s especially iconic and there is no good alternative (such as the Red Mage’s feathered chapeau or the Dragoon’s Drachen Armet in this case).

It’s apparently a minority opinion but I hate how excessively spikey the normal signature Dragoon armors are, especially given their twirling pear movements and such. This still has some edges to it but is much better imo while still having that plated-but-mobile Dragoon look.

I’d still rip those shoulder fins/spikes off if I could though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's not the most creative new glam, but I like it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It’s apparently a minority opinion but I hate how excessively spikey the normal signature Dragoon armors are, especially given their twirling pear movements and such. This still has some edges to it but is much better imo while still having that plated-but-mobile Dragoon look.

I’d still rip those shoulder fins/spikes off if I could though.

Agreed. I prefer clean lines and mobility for the Dragoon. Not as wedded to the color scheme though, I think because dark blues and purples look muddy on my monitor.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Gordian DRG chest is pretty similarly styled and I like the look it lends to.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The Gordian DRG chest is pretty similarly styled and I like the look it lends to.

That spear is amazing. Shades as an occupational necessity.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bruceski posted:

That spear is amazing. Shades as an occupational necessity.

Yeah, as soon as I saw that it gave off a bronze-tinted dragon glow when wielded, I was doomed to have to make it.

At least a Lux isn't too bad to build.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just won second place in a glamour contest over on Diabolos with this glam (I apologize for the terrible screenshot, I am bad at screenshots):

Weapon - Yoshimitsu Atma
Head - Tigerskin Tricorne of Scouting (Midnight Blue)
Chest - Bonewicca Shadow's Chestpiece (Midnight Blue)
Gloves - Crystarium Gauntlets (Midnight Blue)
Legs - Bonewicca Shadow's Trousers (Wine Red)
Boots - Gambler's Boots (Midnight Blue)

My favorite part was when I walked out on stage to present my outfit, I did an /easterngreeting, then pulled out my weapons, and a couple of the judges were like, "Wait, that's a NINJA?!" Because most of the big fancy hat glams up to that point had been Red Mages.

I'm still kinda in shock that I did as well as I did.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Not the most original glam but I think it fits the character, and I got my crafting jobs high enough to make the vest and glasses myself, even if doing so saved almost nothing over buying them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cythereal posted:

It's not the most creative new glam, but I like it.

What gear is that?
One of the things holding me back from playing SAM more often is not finding any glams for it that I'm happy with, but that looks like it might work on my Roegadude

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

the_steve posted:

What gear is that?
One of the things holding me back from playing SAM more often is not finding any glams for it that I'm happy with, but that looks like it might work on my Roegadude

SAM level 80 armor set (except the head):

Weathered Kasuga Haori
Weathered Kasuga Kote
Weathered Kasuga Tsutsu-hakama
Weathered Kasuga Zori

Glasses are Oval Spectacles, a level 1 cosmetic item. I bought it off the market board.

Katana is Tsukuyomi's Moonlit Chokuto, the crafted version. I bought it off the market board.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Be aware that you have to do Memoria Extreme for the dyable versions of those pieces.

Er, I think. It might be eureka if I'm wrong about which pieces those are.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

W.T. Fits posted:

I just won second place in a glamour contest over on Diabolos with this glam (I apologize for the terrible screenshot, I am bad at screenshots):

Weapon - Yoshimitsu Atma
Head - Tigerskin Tricorne of Scouting (Midnight Blue)
Chest - Bonewicca Shadow's Chestpiece (Midnight Blue)
Gloves - Crystarium Gauntlets (Midnight Blue)
Legs - Bonewicca Shadow's Trousers (Wine Red)
Boots - Gambler's Boots (Midnight Blue)

My favorite part was when I walked out on stage to present my outfit, I did an /easterngreeting, then pulled out my weapons, and a couple of the judges were like, "Wait, that's a NINJA?!" Because most of the big fancy hat glams up to that point had been Red Mages.

I'm still kinda in shock that I did as well as I did.

Had a friend who actually knows how to do stuff in Gpose and has some basic photography training take some screencaps of this for me today:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

fool of sound posted:

Be aware that you have to do Memoria Extreme for the dyable versions of those pieces.

Er, I think. It might be eureka if I'm wrong about which pieces those are.

Nah, Memoria EX for the dyable versions. I, however, am not using the dyable versions. Just the basic free versions.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'm with y'all on the sleeker less-spiky looking Dragoon glams. This is my current look for Dragoon:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Since there are a couple months before Endwalker I decided to fantasia again. I've been all the female options except for viera and hyur, which I'm not really interested in. I went with a raen; last time I was an au ra I was a xaela with a pretty different look, so it's a good way to inspire some new outfits.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cute and aquatic. Big fan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

New NIN glam

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I have a glam addiction. Usually I prefer drape-y stuff for Bard but I got the chest from Savage Alexander and wanted to do something with it and wound up liking the result. Goes well with incidental gold highlights on some other gear I had. Like, I didn't like that hat very much on its own but it works here.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

fool of sound posted:

Me neither