Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hopefully, we've anchored the replacement structure (not a keepstar, but NOL's conquerable outpost, now a faction fortizar) such that bounces won't happen. I can't tell you personally if that is the case or not, though.

Unfortunately, the Sotiyo in T5ZI never generated a killmail, so we'll never know.

just add a few more tril to the isk war tbh

we're already up double digits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sidenote, it's been 10+ years now. Was the RED.Overlord aluminum tycoon real.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Hexel posted:

just add a few more tril to the isk war tbh

we're already up double digits
Given everything papi does to obfuscate their losses, it's unlikely a true final number will ever be determined.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

zegermans posted:

I’ll always believe so.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

zegermans posted:

[I would like to know more]

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
In this late stage capitalism hellhole we live in I will believe anything.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

The Protagonist posted:

I may be wrong about this specific story but like a decade ago there was apparently this rich russian dude who bought a poo poo ton of plex to fund his alliance. Something along those lines.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

After Delve 1 there was a dispute on access to complexes between us and Russians. Nync, who helped us through the siege of 9-98/JV1V/XGH/G-DON, turned on us and formed RED.Overlord with sympathetic Red Alliance corps. They were joined by Stain Empire (neutralish Russians until that point, lived in NPC Stain), and -A- (second best Russians up to then). Directorate had a story about how they turned on us because an extremely rich Russian aluminum tycoon wanted to play eve and spent a lot of IRL money on it paying off Nync, etc. Anyway we were actually losing that war until Haargoth Haargoth'd BoB and we said "ok bye enjoy Feyth"

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

The Protagonist posted:

new flat, new teeth, new life

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oh poo poo I forgot about the teeth

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Dalmuti posted:

finally delta sqad has beef w/ israd

we dont recognize beef with ppl who dont even have avs. show some self respect bro.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i paid good money for this avatar

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

zegermans posted:

After Delve 1 there was a dispute on access to complexes between us and Russians. Nync, who helped us through the siege of 9-98/JV1V/XGH/G-DON, turned on us and formed RED.Overlord with sympathetic Red Alliance corps. They were joined by Stain Empire (neutralish Russians until that point, lived in NPC Stain), and -A- (second best Russians up to then). Directorate had a story about how they turned on us because an extremely rich Russian aluminum tycoon wanted to play eve and spent a lot of IRL money on it paying off Nync, etc. Anyway we were actually losing that war until Haargoth Haargoth'd BoB and we said "ok bye enjoy Feyth"

I thought it was Evil Thug who got the payoff?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, pretty sure the tycoon in question was supposed to be Oleg Deripaska.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dalael posted:

I may be wrong about this specific story but like a decade ago there was apparently this rich russian dude who bought a poo poo ton of plex to fund his alliance. Something along those lines.

specifically, a supercap fleet was my understanding of the lore

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Before more aarp people come here like flais on poo poo! big guy balthazier indy bro did talk big guy talk but nobody know he is man in little girls dress. aarp is now in so bad isk problem that soon they need own red light place. people think they know directors. they did steel from wallet. more people know chock steeling director did try something to break aarp. leeders is so panikd now that they blame people who have balls to leave because of there problems and lies. budi members come here to tell all is lies and ok. no. is not ok. they still drink coolaid bad because big dress guy balthazier with barby hat have to tell that aarp take own space. he sitting so deep in bullshit. aarp not take own space because test give aarp space because we bee good puppet to them. aarp leeders think space was so good but they have no enuff pvp peeople to defend so they say help to test or horde to help save own space. aarp did not do nothing for own space. leeders use space to take new people to steel to own corp and steel alliance isk before chock steeling director leave to test with pvp frends and legacy guy try to help him but chock steeling director make him get cawt. why? because news about him go pubic and he wory he get cawt. look what happen in last post. aarp people say lies that chock steeling director is good guy. he is no good guy. leeders do for only theymseves and aarp now loosing people and they mad bros at peeople who leave to own members. they tell I leave alliance. i said i go but i not leave yet. now nobody know how bad they be with people if i go away. i watch and i go soon. i am truthteller. why they go to cloudring? no one else take them. they die there. no corp who is good want to stay there and go to cloudring. is poo poo. little aarp guy say test give soffa for aarp. why? that soffa is broke and smell very bad. is more bad then cloudring. more aarp corps leave soon. leeders they panik. corps people panik or they drink aarp coolaid that leeders do good to aarp. i tell aarp corpsfrends that you not drink coolaid. is something else leeders tell you to drink. aarp is ded.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Good Dumplings posted:

it's so good, but this reads as PAPI being the good guys :<

Ynglaur posted:

I'm okay being the galaxy's villains. gently caress pubbies.

dialhforhero posted:

I like being the only good guy in a galaxy of rear end.

A non-EVE friend had this to say:

"My limited understanding again is that because Goons in general have a reputation ™️ that Goon clans are often designated "badies" which is code for 'not poo poo stain trolling racist shits'"

If being the least poo poo place to exist makes us the villains, hell yeah.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

From a half burned scrap of paper found in the keepstar wreck-

"They have taken the Jump Bridge and the Second evac Keepstar. We have bubbled the gates, but cannot hold them for long. The citadel shakes... Buzzing. Buzzing in the deep. We cannot get out. A Shadow moves in the dark... We cannot get out... They are coming."

:hmmyes:

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, pretty sure the tycoon in question was supposed to be Oleg Deripaska.

That was my theory a couple years ago when his name started popping up in the Muller investigations

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

OAquinas posted:

I thought it was Evil Thug who got the payoff?

Him too

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

spazzhole posted:

That was my theory a couple years ago when his name started popping up in the Muller investigations

Yeah, me too. I was like "Oh hey I know of (1) theoretical Russian aluminum tycoon!"

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!
I think I'm stuck in auth hell. Applied six days ago and nothing's happened yet. No response to any of my follow-up queries to newbies@goonfleet.com.

Who's the person to get in touch with about it (on the GF forums or in game)?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Lorem ipsum posted:

Wow, blackflag has really fragile egos

Well, I did it. I got my 10 man pubbie corp wardeced by blackflag. I wardecced a holding corp to shoot a bunch of highsec pocos and blackflag showed up with like 10 leshacks, 8 guardians, and like 20 other battleships. Whatever, I sent a surrender and they accepted. Naturally, we couldn't resist shittalking them in local while they repped the pocos back up. They really did not like it. One of them said something like "I hate watching a fellow SA member act like this" which was pretty funny. Our CEO then mentioned that he used to be in SC. As if on cue, like 20 SC jump into the system and go red like 10 seconds later. We look at zkill and see that they suicide ganked the sleipnir that the CEO of the holding corp was in (I assume it was probed in a safe?). Now we are for real in a war with blackflag and its very funny.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Dalmuti posted:

Figured y'all would have have gone fuckgoons way earlier in the war instead of at our triumphal procession

Hardly gently caress goons when dumdum leaves hanger open lol. Oh well probably going to get resolved

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
yeah we good now. israds unbanned and welcome to post. no more slurs though please

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Facebook is showing me news articles saying that y'all out-poopsocked the other guys. You crazy bastards.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

zegermans posted:

Yeah that war was a slog at the time , possibly the worst I'd seen of the pos warfare trenches

I also remember Bob at the time was starting to form up to the north so we were starting to fight a two front war , but then we 0wned their dread fleet hard when we baited them once with them in a short range setup and we bubbled and hit them hard at sniping range with effectively a zero losses fight shortly before Haargoth Haargoth'ed.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Just resubbed last week to find out all my stuff is in imarlin. And I don't have enough money to hey everything out haha. My rorq might stay there forever

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

WilWheaton posted:

Yeah that war was a slog at the time , possibly the worst I'd seen of the pos warfare trenches

I also remember Bob at the time was starting to form up to the north so we were starting to fight a two front war , but then we 0wned their dread fleet hard when we baited them once with them in a short range setup and we bubbled and hit them hard at sniping range with effectively a zero losses fight shortly before Haargoth Haargoth'ed.

yeah, the 0-W slaughter. Only time I ever actually visited that system other than it being a stop on the jump bridge network, I'm not sure if anyone actually used that outpost.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

zegermans posted:

[Haargoth Haargoth'd BoB]

WilWheaton posted:

[shortly before Haargoth Haargoth'ed]

[Would you like to k-:f5:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I always wonder how much the 0-W slaughter helped play into bob's complete failure cascade when Haargoth hit as they were already pretty butt hurt over that loss being the ~elite pvpers~ they were, and dread fleets were still a pretty big deal at the time. I remember them pretty much entirely pulling out of 66- after that one fight. Delve was pretty drat defensible even without the level 5 sov

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I am no one. Just an ordinary line member who is an industrialist. I have an out 200+ Alts in eve just for venture mining and manufacturing. Another 25 alts for discord and many more for market orders.

When the war began, I bought into the whole grandiose delusion that Goons are bad and must be exterminated. I devoted a substantial amount of money and resources just to ensure supplies were running good. I helped newbros. I gave some T1 Faction frigates because I was way very rich back then. I rarely did PvP because of my busy life but I believed in my own coalition leadership and I believed they were competent and experienced enough to lead the war. I only did PvP on discord, reddit and in game emails. I tried to contribute in whatever way I could. I never hated Goons, I only saw them as opponents in game.

However we failed to see that Vily & Friends were effectively wiping out very single small group in eve in their quest to make eve good. This became more evident as Fraternity was focused on The Freemen of the North. Wherever any small group from high sec tried to enter null sec, all that was waiting for them was the inevident recursion of renter space and paying rent.

For 1.5 years, I was loving lied to. And drank the Kool Aid. I even went to far ahead to use immediately use my stockpiles for war efforts. I even gave ships for free.

I exhausted myself and my everything for that loving Vily, ProGod and others who didn't even told us to evacuate. I lost my everything because of them. How many newbros I helped, they too all left the game. The small corporations I tried to support in the coalition are just AFK.

These pieces of radioactive shits evacuated their everything and told us that we were about to win.

I hope, pray and wish that TEST burns. Horde Collapses. I pray that these pieces of poo poo are remembered as the most pathetic losers in all of eve and gently caress Manfred loving Sidious. gently caress Gobbins and Lady Scarlet. Triple gently caress that loving Progod. I hope you all burn in the depths of hell. gently caress you. You ruined this game for me.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalmuti posted:

I am no one. Just an ordinary line member who is an industrialist. I have an out 200+ Alts in eve just for venture mining and manufacturing. Another 25 alts for discord and many more for market orders.

When the war began, I bought into the whole grandiose delusion that Goons are bad and must be exterminated. I devoted a substantial amount of money and resources just to ensure supplies were running good. I helped newbros. I gave some T1 Faction frigates because I was way very rich back then. I rarely did PvP because of my busy life but I believed in my own coalition leadership and I believed they were competent and experienced enough to lead the war. I only did PvP on discord, reddit and in game emails. I tried to contribute in whatever way I could. I never hated Goons, I only saw them as opponents in game.

However we failed to see that Vily & Friends were effectively wiping out very single small group in eve in their quest to make eve good. This became more evident as Fraternity was focused on The Freemen of the North. Wherever any small group from high sec tried to enter null sec, all that was waiting for them was the inevident recursion of renter space and paying rent.

For 1.5 years, I was loving lied to. And drank the Kool Aid. I even went to far ahead to use immediately use my stockpiles for war efforts. I even gave ships for free.

I exhausted myself and my everything for that loving Vily, ProGod and others who didn't even told us to evacuate. I lost my everything because of them. How many newbros I helped, they too all left the game. The small corporations I tried to support in the coalition are just AFK.

These pieces of radioactive shits evacuated their everything and told us that we were about to win.

I hope, pray and wish that TEST burns. Horde Collapses. I pray that these pieces of poo poo are remembered as the most pathetic losers in all of eve and gently caress Manfred loving Sidious. gently caress Gobbins and Lady Scarlet. Triple gently caress that loving Progod. I hope you all burn in the depths of hell. gently caress you. You ruined this game for me.

same

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
what does 25 alts for discord mean...

"I gave some T1 Faction frigates because I was way very rich back then. "

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN>??>? :psyduck:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quote:

I lost my everything because of them.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

[Would you like to k-:f5:

Haargoth Agmar was a BoB director that was disillusioned by BoB. Originally he joined us as part of a recruitment scam, but people ended up liking up. When we found out he was a bob director we almost banned him, but he defected to us. Then he disbanded their entire alliance, removing claim over the entirety of their space. You'd think it' a bad mechanic that a single person could destroy a multi thousand person organization, but here we are. Anyway BoB reclaimed their space under a new name within a day, but it reset the 30 day timer before you got to have a bunch of toys that made it impossible to attack you (like jammers that keep capitals out)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

A decade later and I'm still mad I got stuck rubber banding when we fleet warped to kill Shrike's 4th titan.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think Molle still holds the record for most Titans lost by a single player, and if I remember correctly, he actually made a subordinate give theirs up so he didn't have to wait for his replacement to be built.

...then he lost that one pretty quickly, too. :v:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think Molle still holds the record for most Titans lost by a single player, and if I remember correctly, he actually made a subordinate give theirs up so he didn't have to wait for his replacement to be built.

...then he lost that one pretty quickly, too. :v:

Their first 4 titans were Shrike, Chowdown, Orange Species, and Hegemon Rast. After losing 2 in rapid succession to PL/NCnodotte, he took Hegemon Rast's. After he lost that he eventually got Chowdown's, which died at B-R. Last I checked he's lost 5.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Micromancer posted:

Before more aarp people come here like flais on poo poo! big guy balthazier indy bro did talk big guy talk but nobody know he is man in little girls dress. aarp is now in so bad isk problem that soon they need own red light place. people think they know directors. they did steel from wallet. more people know chock steeling director did try something to break aarp. leeders is so panikd now that they blame people who have balls to leave because of there problems and lies. budi members come here to tell all is lies and ok. no. is not ok. they still drink coolaid bad because big dress guy balthazier with barby hat have to tell that aarp take own space. he sitting so deep in bullshit. aarp not take own space because test give aarp space because we bee good puppet to them. aarp leeders think space was so good but they have no enuff pvp peeople to defend so they say help to test or horde to help save own space. aarp did not do nothing for own space. leeders use space to take new people to steel to own corp and steel alliance isk before chock steeling director leave to test with pvp frends and legacy guy try to help him but chock steeling director make him get cawt. why? because news about him go pubic and he wory he get cawt. look what happen in last post. aarp people say lies that chock steeling director is good guy. he is no good guy. leeders do for only theymseves and aarp now loosing people and they mad bros at peeople who leave to own members. they tell I leave alliance. i said i go but i not leave yet. now nobody know how bad they be with people if i go away. i watch and i go soon. i am truthteller. why they go to cloudring? no one else take them. they die there. no corp who is good want to stay there and go to cloudring. is poo poo. little aarp guy say test give soffa for aarp. why? that soffa is broke and smell very bad. is more bad then cloudring. more aarp corps leave soon. leeders they panik. corps people panik or they drink aarp coolaid that leeders do good to aarp. i tell aarp corpsfrends that you not drink coolaid. is something else leeders tell you to drink. aarp is ded.

I was lost at first thinking this was about senior citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Micromancer posted:

this guy is that fuckin goblin from pathfinder:kingmaker