Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Only had about an hour to play today but put some missiles on my big starter ship but they didn't show up as usable in my first fight? I know they are on there because I took enough damage for the audio to say "missile lost" or something to that effect.

The ship mechanic / parts shop screen is really confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Only had about an hour to play today but put some missiles on my big starter ship but they didn't show up as usable in my first fight? I know they are on there because I took enough damage for the audio to say "missile lost" or something to that effect.

The ship mechanic / parts shop screen is really confusing.

missiles need a clear launch path in order to work, you can't fire them if you put a part in front of them.

also they don't really show up, the only indication that your ship has missiles is if you press space and missiles come out

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cock hero flux posted:

missiles need a clear launch path in order to work, you can't fire them if you put a part in front of them.

also they don't really show up, the only indication that your ship has missiles is if you press space and missiles come out

there's the MSL ASM counter lower-left in fights

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 12, 2021

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Discovery of the day: you can right-click on a salvage option to instantly blow it up, if, for example, you wanted to gtfo before a hail of Kh-15's came at your pack of Lightnings but they won't stop digging through the scrap.

E - I right-clicked on the overmap and they wouldn't leave, kept salvaging instead. Once they had a destination on the map, i right-clicked on the salvage options in a panic and the salvage blew up. Then i tried it again next battle on a salvage i didn't care about, and nothing happened :iiam:

Affi posted:

But I do have a question:

Did I hit a bug? Suddenly it seemed like my Elint was going crazy and telling me enemies were superclose. But they were mileees away. Is it a combined weight of their radars its reacting to? I poked it and it was two strikegroups next to each other.

They fired up a jammer. ELINT isn't actually reading 'range', it's reading 'signal strength', and as noted earlier a jammer works by making GBS threads out so much radar energy that trying to get a lock on them is like looking into the sun. I've seen an MP-404 pick up a jammer as ELINT 1 at 4000+ km

Ceebees fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 12, 2021

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Ceebees posted:

Discovery of the day: you can right-click on a salvage option to instantly blow it up, if, for example, you wanted to gtfo before a hail of Kh-15's came at your pack of Lightnings but they won't stop digging through the scrap.

Well you could really just right click on the map too? If you wanted to leave.

But I can totally see loads of times where I wanted to grab one juicy piece of loot and check the town then leave before I get killed...

This game rocks btw, I've spent way too long designing ships. Decided to tank my campaign and ran my modified flagship into two enemy strikegroups. My Stalinska 5xAK100 killed itself and took like three enemy frigates with it. Enter the Ural. Massive penisguns and ballsackthick armor. Fucker killed everything. It would have been quick too if I hadn't ran out of armor piercing.

But I do have a question:

Did I hit a bug? Suddenly it seemed like my Elint was going crazy and telling me enemies were superclose. But they were mileees away. Is it a combined weight of their radars its reacting to? I poked it and it was two strikegroups next to each other.

Also is the game punishing you for taking it slowly?

At my latest point (same time as the elint fuckery) it seemed like they knew were I was all the time. I ran off grids and with my radar off but I kept getting hit with cruise missiles and sorties from carrier groups.

Last loving question:

Can I export my ships from the game into the editor? I have designs that are variations of the designs. Improved as I played. But actually making those changes again felt really loving boring.

Affi fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 12, 2021

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

check the save profile folder, your variants are in there

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Penitent posted:

Ship stuff.

I know I'm broken record at this point, but add these to the list. :argh:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15aJC186FB5JM08b-mJH7rPZ9XugdU_cJMh84P9Y4g0E/edit#gid=0

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

It would be nice if we could do a spreadsheet for advice on the Tarkhans.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

I've been messing a lot with the shipyard, and restarting the campaign to check how the custom ships actually land to cities (would be nice to have this as test feature as well). There seems to be something odd going on doing this, since occasionally the shipyard blanks out and only your custom designs are available. When this happens, your campaign accumulated bonus and unlocked ships get nuked. Happened thrice during testing sessions already, anyone else had this happen?

Anyways. Here's Grom. 2x75mm 2x130mm, 4 zeniths, 4 downward flares. Fairly well protected missiles and fast enough to get silent strikes easily. Also slight bit cheaper than Gladiator.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

My fire emblem 3 houses experiencs prepared me for remembering what kind of teas each Tarkhan prefers :smuggo:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Friction posted:

I've been messing a lot with the shipyard, and restarting the campaign to check how the custom ships actually land to cities (would be nice to have this as test feature as well). There seems to be something odd going on doing this, since occasionally the shipyard blanks out and only your custom designs are available. When this happens, your campaign accumulated bonus and unlocked ships get nuked. Happened thrice during testing sessions already, anyone else had this happen?

Anyways. Here's Grom. 2x75mm 2x130mm, 4 zeniths, 4 downward flares. Fairly well protected missiles and fast enough to get silent strikes easily. Also slight bit cheaper than Gladiator.

I prefer having all missiles launch in the same direction so I know which way I need to juke

Also, if you do z stacking, you can have your missle launchers behind armor

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

AtomikKrab posted:

It would be nice if we could do a spreadsheet for advice on the Tarkhans.

Be the change you want tot see in the world

Maybe another tab on the existing sheet

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

champagne posting posted:

Be the change you want tot see in the world

Maybe another tab on the existing sheet

Tab is made, but I cannot remember any dialogue right now, I pretty much forget the moment I am done.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Did some testing, and figured out what's reseting the campaign bonus (and ships). If you quit your current campaign, you can see in the main menu that you can start a new one with bonus. And if you start, it works as expected. However, if you quit the entire game without starting a new campaign, the bonus and all unlocks will vanish. So if your run goes sour and you end it, don't quit the game outright or you'll bonus will be gone as well. As of 1.11 version, always start a new campaign before you quit the game!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

AtomikKrab posted:

Tab is made, but I cannot remember any dialogue right now, I pretty much forget the moment I am done.

The likes and dislikes of the tahrkahns is in the save file btw

Friction posted:

Did some testing, and figured out what's reseting the campaign bonus (and ships). If you quit your current campaign, you can see in the main menu that you can start a new one with bonus. And if you start, it works as expected. However, if you quit the entire game without starting a new campaign, the bonus and all unlocks will vanish. So if your run goes sour and you end it, don't quit the game outright or you'll bonus will be gone as well. As of 1.11 version, always start a new campaign before you quit the game!

Can confirm, lost my 128k bonus to this

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Are the Tarkhan personality traits static? Pretty sure I ran into one a second time and they had different ones.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
I've seen one trait flip from time to time, but the fact that i keep sweet talking everyone in at rank 3-4 suggests that they aren't changing their major loves/hates

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Someone on Twitch told me that their fundamental likes/dislikes won't change, but the intensity of those likes/dislikes can change from run to run. A religious Tarkhan will always be religious, but whether they're mildly religious or extremely religious is randomized.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I have 100% seen someone flip 'Likes Romani' to 'Dislike Romani' between runs, which cost me a 4-star recruitment on them when i started talking up the glory of the Empire. This was also between game versions though, so maybe they're getting patched?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I like that there are just so many Tarkhans and they're fun. I wish they showed up more.

I wish they would give you ways to get them back to that drag drop menu if they get pissed off because I decided to bring a hobo on board my ship.

I also wish using their powers wouldn't deteriorate the relationship permanently. It makes me not want to use it? 😕 maybe have their abilities be on a cooldown or something and depending on your relationship with them that cooldown would be longer or shorter.

Also wish for more mods and ships.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Welp, made it to the end game.
How serious are the nuclear strike groups?

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

BrotherJayne posted:

Don't worry, it's going to be a blast

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

BrotherJayne posted:

I wasn't to bothered, secure in the outstanding ability of my two slugger battlebrick ships I designed having dealt with everything before independently and on their own.

Neither survived first "contact".

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Friction posted:

Don't worry, it's going to be a blast

:v:

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Affi posted:

I like that there are just so many Tarkhans and they're fun. I wish they showed up more.

I wish they would give you ways to get them back to that drag drop menu if they get pissed off because I decided to bring a hobo on board my ship.

I also wish using their powers wouldn't deteriorate the relationship permanently. It makes me not want to use it? 😕 maybe have their abilities be on a cooldown or something and depending on your relationship with them that cooldown would be longer or shorter.

Also wish for more mods and ships.

It feels like the intention is for the player to be forced to make tough choices and to experience those consequences. An example is that the abilities the characters provide overlap so theoretically if you piss off the Prince, you can still seek funds from a Tarkhan you pick up along the way. I just wish the game did a better job of communicating that so I don't feel like a failure.

Tarkhan interaction in general feels like a concept that was half-baked at the time of release. The little dialogue smile/frown icons especially feel last minute.

I would love to see them overhaul that system, maybe let you use Tarkhans in combat and give them special abilities, a level system, etc.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Thanks, just uploaded. Would be awesome if the game had Steam workshop integration.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Anyone know what hard mode changes?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Something went wrong with my game, a detachment just disappeared early on... anyone experience this?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I feel the Tarkhan system was not finished to be honest, there should be more detail, more options, and chances to improve relations

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I have a carrier related question; they're obviously cool and fun to use. But am I really supposed to pay both 2,5k for the airframe and like 2k for installing it on the carrier if I lose it?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
The repair screen shows the full cost of installed materials even if you don't need to buy them, so you're probably getting a better deal than you think.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Planes en masse are very worth the money, you can shred a strike force with a nice air strike.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Levin posted:

Something went wrong with my game, a detachment just disappeared early on... anyone experience this?

Yeah, me too. I had a whole ship get to a city and just disappear with no event or anything I could see.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

The Dev's constant nerfs to bonuses and now the wipe of unlocked ships plus the wipe of previous bonuses has removed all my will to play the game, I wish I could refund it as it's now very different from the game I bought but I am now 37.3 hours into it

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
If you want more money open your save file in notepad and ctrl-f 'cash'

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I regularly purge my save because it seems to cut down on the laggy mouse movement and combat slowdowns. Coward

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Tythas posted:

The Dev's constant nerfs to bonuses and now the wipe of unlocked ships plus the wipe of previous bonuses has removed all my will to play the game, I wish I could refund it as it's now very different from the game I bought but I am now 37.3 hours into it

:dafuq:

Man do not start nuclear war the end game is loving brutal

Apparently there is some save deleting bug? Anyone know what causes this just lost my campaign and there are a couple threads on steam.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 14, 2021

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Yeah I think I'm gonna step back for another couple patches. Game's good but there are lots of small bugs that are pretty noticeable. I haven't been affected by disappearing ships or saves but those are gamebreaking too

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

Yeah, me too. I had a whole ship get to a city and just disappear with no event or anything I could see.

Yeah, lost a squad and I'm pretty sure they didn't get wiped out by missiles, it was strange, I recall it looking like there was the rescue order bar above the city but nothing came up. Pretty frustrating given I hadn't reached a save point so couldn't even reload... Really enjoy the game but not allowing the player to save seems like a mistake in light of this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do really like the game, but I ran into annoying things a little too often, so I'm kinda just waiting for a patch too. Like it's really annoying that trade fleets report your position in seconds, but garrisons which presumably have lookouts and certainly have a longer detection range give you almost an hours leeway before they'll do it. Can't we get an HF jammer or something?