Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

the game is notoriously one of the worst of all time as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZDBDWAt1DI&t=332s

My former best friend turned catholic megachud was actually crazy about that game and swore that it was all based on real facts. He was 35 at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1426253943844352011?s=21

All of these articles should end in “and here is a VEVO link to my ritual sepukku, conducted at home using an umbrella because I do not own a katana”

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sephyr posted:

My former best friend turned catholic megachud was actually crazy about that game and swore that it was all based on real facts. He was 35 at the time.
It wouldn't be a faithful adaptation if he didn't drop lame one-liners constantly and call all of his victims slurs.

What's lost is his incredible ability to go off on rambling tangents. A true Rogue Warrior game would be mostly flashbacks to martial arts classes and phone calls where some limp-dick gay bureaucrat tells you to be nicer to terrorists. (Marcinko invented whining about how the FBI lost its way when they started hiring minorities.)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bust Rodd posted:

All of these articles should end in “and here is a VEVO link to my ritual sepukku, conducted at home using an umbrella because I do not own a katana”

quote:

Long before the sexual harassment allegations, I'd started to wonder why we'd heaped so much praise—and power—on the now-former governor.

Like a month ago, tops

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I thought he was still in office for two more weeks

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

quote:

With the veneer around Cuomo beginning to crack, I stopped letting him into my morning routine.

In-credible.

How is this person employable/employed.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

In-credible.

How is this person employable/employed.

Being constantly duped by power structures yet competent at the tasks they give you is like catmeat for HR people

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

catmeat

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Groovelord Neato posted:

I remember reading about them years ago and the basic concept was so ludicrous but I assumed they "used" batteries or something as part of the illusion. Then I found out about that and thought how the gently caress did anyone think this could ever work.

people still think dowsing is real

selec
Sep 6, 2003

HR types are all reptilians

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/NellieBowles/status/1426209777777102851

Although plagiarism isn't as bad as "just made poo poo up", so there's a consolation prize.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

As the virus raged on, I was only further taken in by the now-former governor’s star power.Hot off the trail of a Cuomo-themed Zoom happy hour with friends, I slid into his DMs to send a message of gratitude (he never responded), while still wearing an Andrew-esque yellow neck tie. I still cringe at the thought that I once referred to him as “Zaddy” in a conversation and read more than one salacious article dissecting his romantic-turned-platonic relationship with Sandra Lee.

:whitewater:

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

quote:

As the virus raged on, I was only further taken in by the now-former governor’s star power.Hot off the trail of a Cuomo-themed Zoom happy hour with friends, I slid into his DMs to send a message of gratitude (he never responded), while still wearing an Andrew-esque yellow neck tie. I still cringe at the thought that I once referred to him as “Zaddy” in a conversation and read more than one salacious article dissecting his romantic-turned-platonic relationship with Sandra Lee.

Just absolute Jennifer Rubin-esque labrador brain

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
cuomo was an openly corrupt gargoyle even before these allegations, how loving stupid are these people to form a cult of personality without even looking up the guy on wikipedia

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cosmik Slop posted:

Just absolute Jennifer Rubin-esque labrador brain

They're all dispositionally sycophants, it's disgusting, they're disgusting people

I can almost respect a person who is a brown noser as a means to the end of gaining status and influence. These people are just perverts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

The use of “we” in these types of stories gets me every time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

little munchkin posted:

cuomo was an openly corrupt gargoyle even before these allegations, how loving stupid are these people to form a cult of personality without even looking up the guy on wikipedia

I never watched his covid pressers, so I'm making some assumptions here. But his covid pressers were around the same time Trump was doing idiotic pressers. Cuomo is exactly the same kind of petty rear end in a top hat NYC socialite that Trump is, so I assume Cuomo's pressers had a whole lot of dunking on Trump in them. Right around the time when the media (also full of petty NYC assholes) was slavering for more dunks on Trump. So he got this huge boost just from going in front of cameras and slamming Trump all the time.

Whereas other governors like Inslee were doing an undeniably better job than Cuomo but weren't doing big media pushes about it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Noooo

Edit: ok I read the article and Jesus Christ :whitewater:

net work error fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 14, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
People were so desperate for an “anti-trump” figure they glommed onto the first high-profile dem they could find who seemed like he fit the bill

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They gave him a loving Emmy for that bullshit.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Seams posted:

People were so desperate for an “anti-trump” figure they glommed onto the first high-profile dem they could find who seemed like he fit the bill

Glomming the glomper

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

PostNouveau posted:

Felix's teenage dream was to be Amy McGrath

I also dreamt about shooting down Flight 93

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

It wouldn't be a faithful adaptation if he didn't drop lame one-liners constantly and call all of his victims slurs.

What's lost is his incredible ability to go off on rambling tangents. A true Rogue Warrior game would be mostly flashbacks to martial arts classes and phone calls where some limp-dick gay bureaucrat tells you to be nicer to terrorists. (Marcinko invented whining about how the FBI lost its way when they started hiring minorities.)

The Rogue Warrior experience cannot be called complete without a nine hour escape room minigame that involves an ever longer chain of improbable coincidences conspiring to prevent you from loving the big titted preschool teacher, and a Crazy Taxi knockoff where you just run over Naval Academy grads. There's no pickups, no destinations, just a sea of ring-knockers eager for the epic reaping of taints.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Gina Carano’s first movie with Daily Wire’s production company is going to be a revenge thriller where Carrano plays a woman who survives getting raped by a serial killer trucker and then teams up with a different trucker to hunt the killer down and kill them. They put out a little plot synopsis in a press release and production is scheduled to begin soon.

The boys are gonna love it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Famethrowa posted:

the game is notoriously one of the worst of all time as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZDBDWAt1DI&t=332s

lol

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Bust Rodd posted:

Gina Carano’s first movie with Daily Wire’s production company is going to be a revenge thriller where Carrano plays a woman who survives getting raped by a serial killer trucker and then teams up with a different trucker to hunt the killer down and kill them. They put out a little plot synopsis in a press release and production is scheduled to begin soon.

Very happy to see that the right is also using computer algorithms to create movie plots.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

prefect posted:

https://twitter.com/NellieBowles/status/1426209777777102851

Although plagiarism isn't as bad as "just made poo poo up", so there's a consolation prize.

Mostly false: While the creator of snopes was copying and pasting articles from other people and passing them off on his own,

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

During the mayoral campaign, placards appeared saying: "Vote for Cuomo, not the homo" in reference to rumors about Koch's sexuality. Cuomo denied responsibility for this but Koch never forgave him "as he made clear with a pointedly disparaging reference to Mr. Cuomo in a recorded interview with The New York Times that was not to be made public until Mr. Koch's death".

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/shanegoldmacher/status/1426554148137357316?s=21

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

What a classy motherfucker.

In other classy political news:
https://twitter.com/nashville_brook/status/1426576349083410433

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 14, 2021

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Probably the worst part about being rich would be that you have to deal with the most selfish and cruel people in the world. The "not having to work" thing is probably a nice balm, though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

PostNouveau posted:

Cuomo is exactly the same kind of petty rear end in a top hat NYC socialite that Trump is, so I assume Cuomo's pressers had a whole lot of dunking on Trump in them.
I never thought about Cuomo before the pandemic, and I only had to listen to him speak for about 30 seconds to figure out that he's exactly the same kind of narcissistic douche as Trump. It angers me that anybody is surprised at any of his scandals. It's not like this poo poo was ever really hidden in the first place.

Seams posted:

I've been thinking about how the media turns repellent right-wing Democrats into heroes. Pelosi became Epic Clapback Red Dress Sunglasses Queen, Biden went from the running gag of the primary horserace to Ice Cream Sunglasses Badass Grandpa.

Harris has the charisma of a pod person, but I've no doubt that the media will try to do the same for her. Is that enough to propel a candidate to victory? And if Trump runs again, will some of his base just move on because it's basically a fandom and he hasn't been around? I don't know. I might be making the mistake of confusing Twitter with a representative cross-section of voters.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hmm, i had no idea. welcome stevie.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1426164210828984321?s=20

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Bust Rodd posted:

It was written by Eric Red. He wrote movies like The Hitcher and Near Dark, and has such a fascination with vehicular manslaughter he ran his car into a store and killed two people.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It was written by Eric Red. He wrote movies like The Hitcher and Near Dark, and has such a fascination with vehicular manslaughter he ran his car into a store and killed two people.
Look, you gotta write what you know.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Woah. I’m a big Eric Red fan, I knew about the vehicular manslaughter but not the Gina Carano *ahem* vehicle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I still have trouble with some of the holes kids poke in their noses these days. :corsair:

Nice cat, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Near Dark rules, too bad the dude has brainworms.