Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
To this day I'm confused when someone says "ice cream cake" but when someone says "vienetta" I'm like ooh yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

forkboy84 posted:

As a kid Vienetta felt like the poshest dessert imaginable. No idea why. Well, OK, I know why, marketing really works on kids coz kids are dumb

Same. Those ads must’ve been very convincing. I’m pretty sure Pizza Hut offered it as a dessert option at some point too.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah the Viennetta was only ever broken out when ”fancy” ice cream was called for

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I was a kid I went to a friend's house and his mom said they were having ice cream cake after dinner. I had to be home at like 9 and the ice cream cake still hadn't come out. I lived nearby so I basically ran all the way home, told my mom,"Hey Andre's mom said I could have desert there is that okay?", she said yes so I ran back, knocked on the door and explained I was there for the ice cream cake. After I had some I straight up just went back home.

Kid me had some loving balls I'll tell you what.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The 90s is hushed whispers of "Vienetta" and "Silk Stalkings"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Endless Mike posted:

The 90s is hushed whispers of "Vienetta" and "Silk Stalkings"

Renegade's theme song is underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQm_EW0SX2E

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
somebody named mine Walter

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the mask straps rubbin my ears raw i’m officially pro-covid

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I want to get one of those fancy masks all the Formula One teams wear but they’re stupid expensive for a mask. Knowing my luck the second I buy it they’ll say Covid is over, so maybe I should?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

I want to get one of those fancy masks all the Formula One teams wear but they’re stupid expensive for a mask. Knowing my luck the second I buy it they’ll say Covid is over, so maybe I should?

get in there ace

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should wear a mask for the next 2-3 years at least. anyway if you were starving to death and the only food in the world was cat eggs and dog eggs, which one would you eat?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Wife is pregnant. We’re gonna have a babbo!

We’ve been trying since December so this is great news.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am glad you can finally stop banging your wife. You have earned your rest

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

grats on the sex. cat eggs.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I got a mask with adjustable straps and it helped a lot with the ear thing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dog eggs, fresh from the source

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Stroker Ace posted:

Buy that poo poo.

Work gave me a golf cart to get around the race track and drunk fans keep jumping on the back. Which is funny because I have to drive to entrances, which is half a mile away from the races.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

I got a mask with adjustable straps and it helped a lot with the ear thing

might also consider either purchasing or making something like these (the url here is just an example I looked up, so don’t take it as specific endorsement). my mom crocheted us up a few very similar items when it all went to hell the first time; they work pretty well and can be downright cute

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I always thought this was a gopher or something what the gently caress

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Actually, I’d had that image in my head for about 20 years. Dogs and eggs are two completely different things, right? But, even if it’s a dog providing the warmth, as long as the eggs are warmed well, they’ll hatch properly. Maybe birds will hatch from those eggs…or maybe something different, something even greater. There are all these hidden possibilities where you don’t know at all what might come of it. What’s being incubated is the ideas, the people even. But, up until then, I never found a company that was just right for the image, so I carried it with me all that time, waiting for a company that could use that logo. That’s why, when we had the conversation we did, I thought to myself, “Ah, the time has come at last.”

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

NienNunb posted:

https://youtu.be/s5Eb2VmU8iE

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Actually, I’d had that image in my head for about 20 years. Dogs and eggs are two completely different things, right? But, even if it’s a dog providing the warmth, as long as the eggs are warmed well, they’ll hatch properly. Maybe birds will hatch from those eggs…or maybe something different, something even greater. There are all these hidden possibilities where you don’t know at all what might come of it. What’s being incubated is the ideas, the people even. But, up until then, I never found a company that was just right for the image, so I carried it with me all that time, waiting for a company that could use that logo. That’s why, when we had the conversation we did, I thought to myself, “Ah, the time has come at last.”

It's a beautiful story. One better than IBM.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
they didn't even audition any dogs. the answer is clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WXqzvH4-Q

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what the hell. poo poo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You guys shoulda just let that dude merc kane

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he had a clear shot. irvine kinneas'd it. final fantasy 8 is good

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ah I remember. Irvine hesitated because he remembered everything that happened because he didn’t use GF, didn’t wanna shoot his ma. Good lesson: GFs might be powerful, but they’re no replacement for friends

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol i never put 2+2 together about that story beat. i thought it was just that he sucked and was a coward. that's why i like the game. from being a dumb rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRXZj0DzXIA

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
They find out that the death gods they can summon are eating their memories, but Squall rightly points out that said death gods are the source of all their powers and that they'd be up poo poo creek without them. So actually GFs do beat the power of friendship after all.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cavauro posted:

he had a clear shot. irvine kinneas'd it. final fantasy 8 is good

Related: Quistis is the 2nd best part of FF8* and this is why.

*the best part is Tetra Master.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://youtu.be/jeI992mvlEY

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah plus someone fix it so phone users imbed youtubes via the forum instead of just via their software when they paste a link. i'm sick and tired

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rest in peace fez whatley. later in your life you became a prototype of a very not good type of person that would go on to become briefly considered good in the mid 2010s but is back to being considered nyuts. but you were talented and, at times, cool, and at more times, funny.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

rest in peace fez whatley. later in your life you became a prototype of a very not good type of person that would go on to become briefly considered good in the mid 2010s but is back to being considered nyuts. but you were talented and, at times, cool, and at more times, funny.

aw man. but i'm glad you were the one to deliver the news to me, in your gentle way

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ron and Fez owned

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ChrisBTY posted:

Related: Quistis is the 2nd best part of FF8* and this is why.

*the best part is Tetra Master.

its called triple triad in ff8 smdh

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I had a Final Fantasy VIII wall scroll in my dorm at college. I never in fact scored.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tetra master and triple triad are very different. i'm pretty sure they wanted tetra master to be stupid and confusing on purpose in order to entice players into buying their 1 dollar per month guide service, which also included a standalone version of tetra master. i've aids. the values on the cards were just soft suggestions that would then do an invisible dice roll to figure out the 'real' power. triple triad isn't very complex and all the rule sets weren't a good way of adding to it, but what they did to make the next card mini-game more interesting also made it an extremely unsatisfying game

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"lets design a card game based on the player knowing the hexadecimal system off hand" -some loving lunatic at square enix, 1999