Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

please knock Mom! posted:

mind explaining that post?

Go back to your nerdy doctor av it fits you better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

tokin opposition posted:

Go back to your nerdy doctor av it fits you better

i lost it

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Snowy posted:

sure

that’s how they see it

you’re welcome

thanks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Mao was right.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

Why are landlords allowed to refuse, how does that make any sense. Why are they involved at all.

I just googled it to see if there was some other reason than "spite"

https://www.inman.com/2021/03/23/some-landlords-are-declining-funds-from-the-emergency-rental-assistance-program-heres-why/

quote:

Although the funds may seem like welcome relief for many, a number of landlords are actually turning down payments because of the various regulations attached. Restrictions like not being allowed to get rid of difficult tenants or having to provide government agencies or contractors with sensitive financial documents have deterred some landlords from accepting the assistance. The process also requires a decent amount of administrative work and documentation, which can be time consuming.

So spite with some whiny non-problems attached to make it seem more legitimate, got it.

quote:

Aside from the red tape potentially involved in accepting the federal funds, many landlords in these instances are also considering more long-term pros and cons. The federal eviction moratorium does currently extend through the end of March, but it doesn’t require landlords to allow tenants to renew their leases. For some landlords, allowing a financially insecure tenant’s lease to expire and betting on getting a better tenant to fill their place might seem like a better option than relying on government aid.

Over the past several months, landlord groups as well as the National Association of Realtors (NAR) have actually advocated for more rental assistance, while some landlord groups and state association of Realtors filed lawsuits against the Trump administration over the eviction moratorium. But, for landlords struggling the most, the opportunity to get a tenant that’s in a more stable position may be too good to pass up.

Look instead of getting a steady income now, I'd rather get paid zero dollars while I wait for your lease to expire and then get rid of you and then hope that someone with more money comes along to rent the place while still making zero dollars. Because I'm struggling the most, you see.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The real reason is that they don't want the government looking into tax fraud, illegal lease stipulations and code violations that every landlord does

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

The real reason is that they don't want the government looking into tax fraud, illegal lease stipulations and code violations that every landlord does

This is the correct answer.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Mao was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ogibWCNKI

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Peanut President posted:

please keep the circlejerk about humanity's imminent extinction to the climate thread, tia

Lol this dipshit still has hope, everyone point and laugh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
incorrect, i used the term 'circlejerk' for a reason

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The best way to deal with an eviction notice is kerosene.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
just got served this ad on instagram

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

just got served this ad on instagram

That "shower" looks like anything but a compromise, like it'd take quite a bit of rigging and effort to use it vs. just dumping the water on your head.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shame Boy posted:

That "shower" looks like anything but a compromise, like it'd take quite a bit of rigging and effort to use it vs. just dumping the water on your head.

it is the future liberals want :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

Why are landlords allowed to refuse, how does that make any sense. Why are they involved at all.

bc of you accept the rent relief you can't raise the rent for a certain length of time, I think it's a year. so they're thinking it's better to reject the free money and evict bc the housing market is so hot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh that may have been a state thing for ny. which the Supreme Court just overruled this week anyway Lol.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That doesn't explain why they are allowed to refuse

But it's because lawmakers think like landlords not tenants and imagine them as the ones suffering the most significant hardships

Plus if you give the money right to the renters they might spend it on drugs, flat screen tvs, and baby formula

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Bloop posted:

That doesn't explain why they are allowed to refuse

But it's because lawmakers think like landlords not tenants and imagine them as the ones suffering the most significant hardships

Plus if you give the money right to the renters they might spend it on drugs, flat screen tvs, and baby formula

Lawmakers are landlords.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The state is a landlord of violence - Karl Marx or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
whenever any misfortune befalls a landlord, for any reason, it is a cause to be joyous

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
https://twitter.com/duty2warn/status/1426510915176894465

:lol: gently caress da libs

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/landlord-laughed-as-he-fired-fatal-shots-at-tenants-witness-says-2417854/

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah that "new arable land" which is gonna emerge in the higher latitudes (and keeps Putin being a smug prick about global warming), is probably dosgshit nutrient-poor soil that will be exhausted after a few seasons if it ever gets going at all. Obviously there are smart farming practices which can enrich those kind of soils, but lol if anyone's gonna do that rather than just going HAM on cereal and soy monocultures that immediately fail. The ag futures market probably wouldn't permit anything else

In a thousand years that'll be good fertile soil checkmate doomer :smugdog:

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Byzantine posted:

476 was also picked to pretend that the Eastern Roman Empire was suddenly something completely different and ~*~*~*ROME*~*~*~ died with some 15 year old nobody even bothered to kill.

Username post combo?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if the crusaders didnt sack constantinople we would probably unironically say that the roman empire finished at 1400something

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
(or not even then, actually, because what did byzantium in can be in large part attributed to the sack)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The sack of constantinople is one of the best/stupidest episodes of history and would make a great black comedy

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is that the one where they burned all the knowledge we had as a species and set us back a few hundred years?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Professor Shark posted:

Is that the one where they burned all the knowledge we had as a species and set us back a few hundred years?

That was the library of Alexandria

IIRC the sack of Constantinople was where a bunch of western European states paid Venetians to sail them to Palestine for the fourth crusade. Venice was mad at the Byzantine Empire for whatever reason so they dumped the crusaders off in their capitol instead

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the library of alexandria was full of garbage and nobody was set back centuries by the loss of the fanfics stored there

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

lovely Fanfic Writer posted:

the library of alexandria was full of garbage and nobody was set back centuries by the loss of the fanfics stored there

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

The Oldest Man posted:

In a thousand years that'll be good fertile soil checkmate doomer :smugdog:

Ok moraine

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Jabronie posted:

Ok moraine

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

On the one hand I understand the whole "the roman empire kept on trucking for another thousand years" thing and that the Byzantine empire just called themselves "the roman empire" the whole time and historians only made the distinction much later and kinda arbitrarily, on the other hand it still feels weird to call it the roman empire when it didn't actually govern from Rome. It'd be like if the UK collapsed and Canada started calling itself the British Empire or something. I guess I should just take my complaints to emperor Constantine though.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

That was the library of Alexandria

The Great Library of Constantinople was the last of the ancient libraries and contained much of their stock, since Constantine moved the archives of Alexandria and other places to make the library of his new capital the biggest and best.

Then it got burned by the crusaders, and the similarly-gigantic House of Wisdom in Baghdad was destroyed by the Mongols about sixty years later.

Shame Boy posted:

On the one hand I understand the whole "the roman empire kept on trucking for another thousand years" thing and that the Byzantine empire just called themselves "the roman empire" the whole time and historians only made the distinction much later and kinda arbitrarily, on the other hand it still feels weird to call it the roman empire when it didn't actually govern from Rome. It'd be like if the UK collapsed and Canada started calling itself the British Empire or something. I guess I should just take my complaints to emperor Constantine though.

Then Rome fell in 286, when Diocletian moved the capital to Milan.

Byzantine has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Aug 16, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jabronie posted:

Ok moraine

Thread title when

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Rome is a false flag and never really existed wake up sheeple

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Byzantine posted:

Then Rome fell in 286, when Diocletian moved the capital to Milan.

Okay, I'll update the wiki

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

tokin opposition posted:

Rome is a false flag and never really existed wake up sheeple

I may not have watched enough of it, but was any accident Roman culture or construction ever attributed to aliens the way ancient African, Asian, and American stuff was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I may not have watched enough of it, but was any accident Roman culture or construction ever attributed to aliens the way ancient African, Asian, and American stuff was?

There are definitely ancient aliens kooks that focus on Rome instead of Egypt or whatever but they're certainly a lot less popular, presumably because of racisms.

e: Like I seem to remember one about how the Oracle at Delphi was a transmitter site that communicated with alien motherships in orbit or something? That existed through the Roman era at least

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 15:35 on Aug 16, 2021