Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

tokin opposition posted:

it's only a few days old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

McNugget Buddy posted:

Pepsi until around 20 years ago would reuse old glass bottles (the ones with the metal tops).

It was cool getting a 8-pack or whatever and seeing a 40-year old faded Pepsi logo on it.

No idea how they sterilized them, but 20 oz. plastic bottles must be way cheaper

they are

the crying "indian" ad campaign urging people not to litter was funded by the food manufacturing conglomerates when they switched from reusable glass to disposables in an effort to shift the blame from themselves to the consumer for pollution

this strategy was and still is wildly successful

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean you joke, but when I was a mod I was told not to give people forums cancer because it would cause a cascading series of CSS errors for the forums the more times a cancer'd user was quoted that would absolutely loving tear the forums a new gaping goatman rear end in a top hat before Jeffrey and Astral finally ripped every bit of the code for it out of the forums by hand.

So literally anything could happen, yes.

maybe there are load bearing pedophiles??

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

C-SPAM 4: The Curse of Radium's Code

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's actually pretty strange how many pedophile moderators SA has had since it speaks to some kind of unconscious recognition between them as the pedophiles of the past appoint the pedophiles of the future completely by coincidence.

Edit: Unless they have a newsletter or something

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 03:13 on Aug 15, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it was about two and a half months between the previous pedo-related demodding and the most recent one, and since then it's been about two and a half months so i'm expecting another any day now

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it was about two and a half months between the previous pedo-related demodding and the most recent one, and since then it's been about two and a half months so i'm expecting another any day now

Eh hehe

Hehe
Heh.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Lowtax was the harm reduction candidate

Lowtax posted:

lol wait this is all over one animated gif of Lisa giving homer a handjob?? ahahahahahahahahahaaaaa is there something more that I'm missing here, because I've gone through all the dude's flags and can't find anything but that, unless the sysadmin ZDR, the dude I totally alienated and treated horribly and burned all bridges with, did something I'm not aware of.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

McNugget Buddy posted:

Pepsi until around 20 years ago would reuse old glass bottles (the ones with the metal tops).

It was cool getting a 8-pack or whatever and seeing a 40-year old faded Pepsi logo on it.

No idea how they sterilized them, but 20 oz. plastic bottles must be way cheaper

Hell yeah we had a Pop Shop (can you guess where I am from) that was a gas station sized store that was nothing but floor to ceiling glass bottles of soda. Every flavor imaginable and back then it was all made with real sugar. You bring in your empties for the deposit and walk out with a new case.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

it's only a few days old

jiminy christmas

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I guess sending in 3,000 wasn't enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hHu14pCmmo

Biden's doing a surge.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

spacetoaster posted:

Biden's doing a surge.

lmao too late taliban already took kabul

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Agrajag posted:

lmao too late taliban already took kabul

"Ah well, nevertheless." - loser democrats

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's really a shame to see all those carbines fall into taliban hands when they could have been sold to a bunch of fat sacks of poo poo at our local pds.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

spacetoaster posted:

Biden's doing a surge.

In many ways Biden is the modern compassionate conservative, complete with loving up an occupation. None of these fuckers have learned from Dubya that you either take Rumsfeld's "gently caress Them Up And Leave Immediately" approach or you do Condileeza's "We're There Forever Now, Fifty-First State Hours." It's one or the other or not, y'know, doing the invasion to begin with, but you cannot half-rear end this without leaving way more people dead than you started with.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/DanDhoust24/status/1426621195810574339?t=fvy-Mb14f-CvrKpPVenskQ&s=19

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

larry should be released just because his probe/ban got t-man to write a funny post for once, it's a genuine miracle

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/DanDhoust24/status/1426624078979338241?t=3w7gB8SjYbwyzOo7U3u3wQ&s=19

Jeez Louise this guy

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

cenotaph posted:

It's really a shame to see all those carbines fall into taliban hands when they could have been sold to a bunch of fat sacks of poo poo at our local pds.

those carbines will probably be heirlooms for afghan families to be handed down for generations

much like all the rifles they captured from the british and soviets

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
what if the taliban start supplying weapons to anti-government militias in the US

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sad Billionaire posted:

what if the taliban start supplying weapons to anti-government militias in the US

we need to fight them over there so we don't fight them over here.

Surge #3 let's loving goooooooooo

chair lunch dinner
Apr 30, 2009

https://www.twitter.com/TheRosesAreOver/status/1426700676395016199

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole
https://twitter.com/BrendanNyhan/status/1426714097429663746?s=20

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not a doubt in my mind they'd be the first person in line to scream "Uncle Tom!" at a black person who said something that ran counter to what they wanted to hear.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Biden's doing a surge.
Biden corrected his earlier statement regarding the Taliban, emphasizing that "[he did] not, under any circumstances, have to hand [Kabul] to them."

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not actually going to blame biden for this afghanistan stuff because i think "Joe Biden" is long gone and the slurring, drooling person in the office is essentially on autopilot from ice cream cone to slurred half-remembered speech.

The responsibility for this falls on our dumbass military the same way Kamala is allowed to run around being a shithead. The only thing stopping her is the polls ranking her worse than cancer every time she struts around and tells immigrants to go gently caress themselves but there is no president in the equation.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

lol that biden chickened out of chickening out.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/national-security-daily/2021/08/13/this-got-bungled-bidens-two-tragic-afghanistan-missteps-493975

was this posted because lol

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

love that passive voice

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

lmao this rules

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm not actually going to blame biden for this afghanistan stuff because i think "Joe Biden" is long gone and the slurring, drooling person in the office is essentially on autopilot from ice cream cone to slurred half-remembered speech.

The responsibility for this falls on our dumbass military the same way Kamala is allowed to run around being a shithead. The only thing stopping her is the polls ranking her worse than cancer every time she struts around and tells immigrants to go gently caress themselves but there is no president in the equation.

you could partially blame Biden cause he was a senator and vice president until 2017 that cheered the afghan war on and his brain during that time period worked....not great, but better

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
my fall plans, the same as my fall 2019 plans, sit at home and game all day baby!!

just spent today on vrchat chillin with some friends

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
however much remains of biden, what's left is still a hateful warmongering rapist. dementia can often cause dramatic permanent personality shifts, but i don't think they are ever for the better.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

you could partially blame Biden cause he was a senator and vice president until 2017 that cheered the afghan war on and his brain during that time period worked....not great, but better

Oh sure, Biden is definitely one of the greatest monsters this country has ever appointed to the Corrupt Celebrity racket we call politics but I think he escaped consequences by peacefully going surrounded by his family at some point and the shambling corpse that's leftover doesn't remember raping people, inflicting extreme horrors and harms on entire generations of minorities or eagerly justifying the worst and most violent tendencies in the corrupt corporate owned "government" he was an integral part of.

I'm not trying to give him any kind of excuse. I just literally think he is so far gone that he classifies as a different person and all of the justified blame will never stick to him because you are basically telling him fictional stories of all of these horrible things someone else did and he can process that he likes ice cream and is important to all of the people carrying him around and looking really concerned about his wellbeing.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

however much remains of biden, what's left is still a hateful warmongering rapist. dementia can often cause dramatic permanent personality shifts, but i don't think they are ever for the better.

This is true. I just think he is at the point where a normal family would be unable to keep him from wandering into the street in the middle of the night or burning the house down when he is alone so they would have him committed. He just gets to be in the world's most advanced and funded care facility while hundreds of people wait on him every second of every day.

People want to think he remembers so there might be some kind of justice, that he doesn't get to check out living at the peak of human civilization with the best treatment any human could expect, but if he were a normal person he would be in a rocking chair in a care facility, occasionally trying to remember who his visitors are. He might have elaborate stories about his youth but he probably doesn't actually remember what happened and won't remember what he said an hour from now.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 04:33 on Aug 15, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Biden couldn’t even handle running away from Afghanistan in the middle of the night without it becoming a political disaster for him lol

its a shockingly prescient metaphor for this administration that biden pushed backed the timetable for four months to get more prep time but cocked up that prep time so badly the taliban actually got more of a benefit out of it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im uh not sure what it is about the bradley cooper photo specifically that im supposed to find offensive

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

thinking back to all the posts cheering for biden the most progressive president ever who exceeded all our expectations and having myself a hearty lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Some Guy TT posted:

im uh not sure what it is about the bradley cooper photo specifically that im supposed to find offensive

i think it's the helly hansen jacket/hoody thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol

https://twitter.com/PallaviGunalan/status/1426529102006157319

https://twitter.com/PallaviGunalan/status/1426755151029702658