Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Dexo posted:

Justin Fields spam

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1374873691314618370

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jordon Love looks pretty good so far. 12/17 for 122 and a TD after one half. Not bad for a guy who hasn't played a game for over 18 months.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1426717819853488129?s=20

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Supposedly About Sports > The Football Funhouse > NFC North 2021: Other than that it's been great

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Jordon Love looks pretty good so far. 12/17 for 122 and a TD after one half. Not bad for a guy who hasn't played a game for over 18 months.

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1426739303879696389?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Only one starter (rookie center) on the field. Throws largely on point, virtually zero run game while he was in, no major complaints on his performance.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Cousins can get bent, I love my perpetually intensely disgruntled inverse raccoon coach.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields JUSTIN FIELDS JUSTIN FIELDS JUSTIN FIELDS JUSTIN FIELDS

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

R.D. Mangles posted:

justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields justin fields JUSTIN FIELDS JUSTIN FIELDS JUSTIN FIELDS JUSTIN FIELDS

It's only preseason and only against a second string defense.....but it WAS a very encouraging third quarter, wasn't it?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Reminder: the Bears are cursed for taking Justin Fields before the Patriots could take him.

CURSED.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

Reminder: the Bears are cursed for taking Justin Fields before the Patriots could take him.

CURSED.

mccorkle

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

CURSED.

Curses end. It may take 108 years, but all curses come to an end eventually. Justin Fields is the best QB the Bears have had since Luckman. The Bears QB curse is coming to an end, not beginning. The Patriots have no power in the NFC North. :colbert:

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Let's pump the brakes here, friend. I don't think it's time to anoint the Bears as the new Green Bay Packers quite yet.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Curses end. It may take 108 years, but all curses come to an end eventually. Justin Fields is the best QB the Bears have had since Luckman. The Bears QB curse is coming to an end, not beginning. The Patriots have no power in the NFC North. :colbert:

Fields will be fine, but the Bears will not be. their QB curse may come to an end, but this is a new curse.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

Fields will be fine, but the Bears will not be. their QB curse may come to an end, but this is a new curse.

The Pats were never getting Fields. Even if the Bears hadn't traded up to get him, he would have gone at 14 to the Vikings. They only traded out of that spot because Fields was off the board.

The Bears are looking at a new dawn. Not only is the QB curse coming to an end, so is the Farve-Rogers curse. One last season for Rogers and it's over. We fear no Love, Goff, or Cousins.

By comparison, your Patriots are looking at several years of watching Allen and the Bills win your division and your team trying to scramble for a Wild Card spot. I'd worry about your own future, not ours. The Bears will be fine.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This justin fields guy is not winking heavily and tapping the side of my nose going to be a great quarterback

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Justin Fields will have an MVP/NVP caliber season and lead the bears to 8-9 record and a first round exit where he suffers an acl tear that leaves him never the same.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
All these "Jordan Love did well" puff pieces are going to fuel another chip-on-his-shoulder Rodgers season and, for one, am into it.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Detheros posted:

Justin Fields will have an MVP/NVP caliber season and lead the bears to 8-9 record and a first round exit where he suffers an acl tear that leaves him never the same.

This is why Dalton is QB 1. Until we can get our O-Line healthy again, Fields is too valuable to risk.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Rodgers is going to angry play his way to a playoff nfc championship exit, the bears will show promise with their shiny new QB, the lions will be at the beginning of yet another rebuild, and the Vikings will probably forfeit a game due to Covid.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Parallelwoody posted:

Rodgers is going to angry play his way to a playoff nfc championship exit, the bears will show promise with their shiny new QB, the lions will be at the beginning of yet another rebuild, and the Vikings will probably forfeit a game due to Covid.

Someones hopeful about the number of games the Vikings will forfeit due to COVID

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Just found out that the vikings have a player on the roster named whop and uh that sure is a name.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I think more people will be mad if Cousins wins the Superbowl than any other player.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 15, 2021

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TowerofOil posted:

Just found out that the vikings have a player on the roster named whop and uh that sure is a name.

It's pronounced "hoop"

I made that up

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Shrimpy posted:

All these "Jordan Love did well" puff pieces are going to fuel another chip-on-his-shoulder Rodgers season and, for one, am into it.

:hmmyes:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Imagine the chip Rodgers would have if Blake was still here and also played well.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Darth Brooks posted:

I think more people will be mad if Cousins wins the Superbowl than any other player.

Good thing it'll never happen. Now that Deshaun Watson, there's a qb you can win a Superbowl with.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Justin Fields will have the worst thing a QB can have.

An Andy Dalton like career

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I thought love looked good. Also Funchess looked played really well too, going to be a stacked WR depth chart.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t really see how Funchess makes the team especially with special teams looking like garbage again, which he doesn’t do.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin

fields

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Hand Row posted:

I don’t really see how Funchess makes the team especially with special teams looking like garbage again, which he doesn’t do.

Tae, Cobb, MVS, Lazard, Amari are the clear top 5, but things get really muddy after that in terms of skill. Funchess vs EQ is an interesting battle. After that I think they keep the rest on the WRs on the practice squad?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Tae, Cobb, MVS, Lazard, Amari are the clear top 5, but things get really muddy after that in terms of skill. Funchess vs EQ is an interesting battle. After that I think they keep the rest on the WRs on the practice squad?

Yeah that’s probably why it will be Winfree or Taylor for that 6th spot. They might not be better receivers but they are vastly better ST players.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

:same:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I don't think EQ has shown nearly enough to justify keeping him over Funchess given that Funchess is actually looking like the player the team expected they would be getting when they signed him last year.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'd probably take Funchess over EQ, yeah, but I have no idea what happens with Malik/Winfree. Can't keep that many WRs on the PS.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

justin

fields

Fields, Justin.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Purple_Post/status/1426943862749138945?s=20

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/captainkenyon/status/1426945315047944196?s=21

Also our QBs, receivers, defense, special teams…

( if I live in Minnesota I can say “our”)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Every tweet that gets posted about the Vikings is some new embarrassing low, this is going to be a super fun season