Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

hiddenriverninja posted:

I ended up using this strat and it worked, thanks! still don't know what to do about that Submerge move the boss does that seems like an OHKO though.

That attack is on a timer after spawning a new wave. You need to kill the enemies faster. Oceanid won't use it so long as the mobs are dying fast enough. It's unavoidable outside of invuln, IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm sure its nothing to do with having hit the TM single-day exp cap, but i'm feeling more positive towards the new version

my initial complaint was focused on the lack of progression due to upgrades now being RNG purchases per map. in retrospect this feels like it was premature, since Inazuma TM does have a good amount of progression to offer with the level system dumping in new buffs and increasing draws/rerolls/starting budget etc. with OG TM, there was a lot of grinding for upgrades across your towers that did basically nothing aside from number go up, so each version did have some sort of "dead" early period even if the version currently running will feel more fresh and annoying. i'm still a bit split on the bans. obviously it becomes a necessity due to the size of the buff pool, though it's annoying when the bans land on a strategy you're trying to refine (e.g. i got banned out of an ice swirl strat i was working on a couple times). though even with two bans it feels like you can be sifting through a lot of junk you don't care about for the 2-3 tower types you're focusing on. aside from those instances, i'm a bit more positive on how it forces variety in tower choices and it seems like more strategies are viable thanks to the outrageous buffs you can put on even electro reactions. haven't used phys or bind towers yet, phys at least has some appealing upgrades but bind seems like it needs more work. maybe it should have a recharge time at baseline instead of that being an RNG buff you need to stack down from a 15s CD.

the mode could still use some sort of speed feature like people are saying. when you build more around chokepoints where paths overlap, there's a good amount of waiting on any waves that don't have Fleetfooted, and as much as i love the cryo swirl setup i was working on, it has the sort of slow and boring start that i'd love to see breeze by faster. it's also a bit strange to me that there's no pause during waves, especially in the buff menu. wrt the complaints about it being a passive mode or something you don't get to "play," i think there is just a fundamental difference in approach. getting the waves to a hands-off approach is the ideal for me (and i think many others), with micro being limited to filling/swapping out tower arrangements and maybe resetting a mine or turning off a bridge. it feels great to have an automated death grid you can watch paste enemies! constantly applying elements or trying to game enemies with stagger moves just feels like a hassle. i did at least take a team of "fun" characters who make those things feel ok, but can't say the few times i messed with it were terribly satisfying or had results i wouldn't get otherwise. in general this take on the event is much lighter with lower requirements for rewards, which is definitely nice. though it may be more as a result of it being a minor patch event compared to OG TM being a main part of Lantern Rite.

for future iterations i think this structure of an overarching progression system while making upgrades per-map would be good to keep. they just need to figure out a good way to implement it that isn't sitting in a menu doing rerolls. maybe try something akin to skill trees where between waves you spec towers towards certain utilities/strengths/reactions. encouraging diverse setups could be done with other methods like boons or stage gimmicks (things we know and love from Abyss and combat events :cheeky:)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I wish there was an endless mode (and also a speed up). It's trivially easy to break TM with the infinite RNG upgrade; solo tower type runs are actually even easier than actual strategies because you just spam redraw and upgrade your chosen tower. Smacking Ruins from across the map for 300,000 damage is pretty funny, but I'd like an excuse to use courage sticks which seem entirely useless at the moment. Making beast towers and then making beast enemies in a mode of endless scaling just sounds fun to me.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

33 stars in this abyss before it resets, Abyss still sucks rear end but at least floor 11 is better now.

Stubborn rear end me also refuses to really do more than 1 attempt or switch up chars so my teams for all floors were...

Group 1: Diona/Ganyu/Xiangling/Klee
Group 2: Zhongli/Noelle/Fischl/Eula

With a notable exception of floor 11 replacing Noelle with Xing'qiu because Oops! Fire Cube.

Detheros fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 15, 2021

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

Canopus250 posted:

So I pulled Yoimiya quite early while trying to find a Sayu. I've got Rust or the Inazuma bow to toss on her, but what's the general consensus for artifact set ideas?

2 piece Crimson Witch + 2 piece 18% attack set or 4 piece Shimenawa’s. Q into E maths out better than E into Q so the former is better in most comps.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Is there any way to get the Seelie to shut up and stop squeaking? I got the one from the new event but now I'm remembering why I shoved the last seelie I earned into the closet and forgot about it.

Canopus250 posted:

So I pulled Yoimiya quite early while trying to find a Sayu. I've got Rust or the Inazuma bow to toss on her, but what's the general consensus for artifact set ideas?

I've got time to farm as it'll take me a while of running her boss for ascension mats.

So far Shimenawa's is by far the most popular set for her. Which makes sense since 90% of her damage is from her normal attacks and her elemental burst is fairly weak, so sacrificing burst energy for better normals is a no-brainer.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Detheros posted:

33 stars in this abyss before it resets, Abyss still sucks rear end but at least floor 11 is better now.

Stubborn rear end me also refuses to really do more than 1 attempt or switch up chars so my teams for all floors were...

Group 1: Diona/Ganyu/Xiangling/Klee
Group 2: Zhongli/Noelle/Fischl/Eula

With a notable exception of floor 11 replacing Noelle with Xing'qiu because Oops! Fire Cube.

..Noelle?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You eventually unlock the ability to lower world level by 1.... at WL5 / AR40.

I am so glad I checked this thread again... I have been having so many issues with some bosses after raising WL at AR50 (took a big break after Dragonspine)

Dropping WL back down 1 has saved my enjoyment :)

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

After getting Klee with my guaranteed pull back during her banner, I started rolling again and I got Keqing on my 11th pull so I'm gonna save for guaranteed Raiden :hellyeah:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Garrand posted:

Making beast towers and then making beast enemies in a mode of endless scaling just sounds fun to me.

I too am someone who enjoys fun, but you're forgetting rule #1: It has to run on phones.

Detheros posted:

I took my 30 and bounced. If they creep the check any higher I'll be locked out of 12 entirely.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Yeah I'm kinda bummed about the current abyss setup. 9 through 11 is fine, but I was just barely shy of the final star on old 12-3 with the heralds, and now I feel like the new 12-1 has set me back another couple weeks worth of artifact/materials grinding to catch back up with the ramping DPS requirements.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Noelle is good and strong and she is your friend.

That team needs a healer after you've put in Eula, Zhongli, and an electro character. Noelle is the only geo healer, and you get geo resonance when you slot her in. Diona is also a good choice, she does a good job of generating energy for Eula. I guess Bennet would work out just fine, but I usually put him on a team that will get pryo resonance.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is "the farmer's treasure" bugged? I rescued the guy from the cage before I talked to his father and I think that broke it, because the quest didn't show up in my log book until after I gave the son the tablets.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope Raiden can solve Noelle's energy problems without requiring a second Geo, because I do like her niche as a healer who can still do good damage. I just hate that she's unreliable at doing it. If Kokomi turns out to be a wet fart, I'll definitely set my sights on making a core duo with Raiden/Noelle. Though if she still has energy problems, Raiden/Noelle/GeoMC doesn't sound too shabby. Hell, even triple geo with Zhongli.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 15, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Yes?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mailer posted:

I took my 30 and bounced. If they creep the check any higher I'll be locked out of 12 entirely.

Yeah Floor 12 enemies are really loving spongey and I hate that it's "Finish with 420 seconds left for 3 stars" On 12-1/12-2 when the PREVIOUS 3 FLOORS are "Finish with 300 seconds left for x-1/x-2"

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

Noelle is good and strong and she is your friend.

That team needs a healer after you've put in Eula, Zhongli, and an electro character. Noelle is the only geo healer, and you get geo resonance when you slot her in. Diona is also a good choice, she does a good job of generating energy for Eula. I guess Bennet would work out just fine, but I usually put him on a team that will get pryo resonance.

If you're using Zhongli, bringing a healer is usually not necessary (just dodge better if you're actually getting hurt through the shields). Albedo's a better choice over Noelle, since he provides damage at no cost to field time. But if you lack Albedo you could make do with Noelle, though Geo MC is the next best thing.

Bringing Diona is usually the optimal move for a Eula team (high tide reduces this requirement a bit, but she's still REALLY good with Eula), and she shields AND heals, meaning you dont necessarily need Zhongli here. Then you can take the usual Eula core of Eula/Diona/Electro(Fischl, usually), then slot a flex in for the 4th. Beidou for electro resonance and more damage, Albedo for off-field damage and more shields, Rosaria for even MORE cryo energy pump, plus extra crit rate and almost guaranteed bursts off CD for Rosaria and Diona, or Xinyan for her physical damage boosts and res shred, and another shield.

Arguably you could say Lisa might be a better electro enabler for Eula, since Lisa shreds defense with her burst, while Fischl misses out on her full potential due to Eula not attacking super fast and low reaction rates. But then you'd have to have a leveled up Lisa...

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I think TM is better this time because you actually have things to spend money on after putting down your towers. The RNG upgrades are fine, just pick 2 elements + a support and just take all the upgrades for those towers.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

padijun posted:

is "the farmer's treasure" bugged? I rescued the guy from the cage before I talked to his father and I think that broke it, because the quest didn't show up in my log book until after I gave the son the tablets.

I talked to the guys father first and it still didnt show up in the log book until I gave the son the tablets. I think thats just what its supposed to do for whatever reason.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Next abyss round will probably be even harder since the great defense shred we get now will be replaced by the lovely shockwaves.

Still I feel kinda safe knowing I can just demolish one side of the floor with hu tao

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

SiKboy posted:

I talked to the guys father first and it still didnt show up in the log book until I gave the son the tablets. I think thats just what its supposed to do for whatever reason.

completely baffled why they'd make an invisible quest like that. I'm not asking for a glowing yellow pillar of light, I just want some sort of record of who told me to do what.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

padijun posted:

completely baffled why they'd make an invisible quest like that. I'm not asking for a glowing yellow pillar of light, I just want some sort of record of who told me to do what.

Yeah, its not the only invisible quest (theres a couple in dragonspine, collecting the... Boxes? I think? and lighting up the glowing runes that I havent finished because I kind of keep forgetting they exist), but a) AFAIK they are totally invisible, there is never a quest log for them at all, so this weird "its not a quest until you've two third finished it, now it is" thing is unusual, and b) they feel fairer because the things you are looking for are in a smaller area/stand out a little. I had to look up "The Farmers Treasure" because I only had 3 out the 4 tablets, and I only knew there was something I needed to look up because I'd googled to find out how to get the inazuma sword blueprint. 3 of them are fairly easy because they were in areas another sidequest directs you through, and they werent massively busy areas so if you look around you'll see them. That 4th one is a little too easy to miss for something that gatekeeps a weapon blueprint.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I like the invisible or non-obvious quests. It feels to me like it rewards exploration and is way more engaging than waypointing to an objective.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MajorBonnet posted:

I like the invisible or non-obvious quests. It feels to me like it rewards exploration and is way more engaging than waypointing to an objective.

In theory, yes. In practice I'm just going to end up looking poo poo up online because there is no way on earth I'd have randomly found the last stone tablet in a bandit camp near nothing except a boat summoning point (Lets be honest, once you'd done a once over of the isolated wee islands in Inazuma, you never go near those again, compared to how the boat was used in the summer island event), especially as there was nothing anywhere telling me I was even supposed to be looking for a fourth one. Also to get the last couple of boxes in the mountains I need to do a "defeat X enemies in 30 seconds" type event, but I couldnt do it when I first found it, so I thought "I'll come back once I've levelled up some other characters". I have now levelled more characters, and could possibly maybe do it, but I have no earthly idea of where in the mountains that was, and in fact until having this discussion I'd pretty much forgotten about it entirely.

So, actually I'm okay with quests that dont have markers as such, but do think that when you find the first bit of the quest you should get a quest log entry saying "find the 4 stone tablet in inazuma!" or "Investigate the glowing runes" or "find the other X boxes in the mountains" or whatever, so that I can remember that its a thing I'm supposed to be doing.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

SiKboy posted:

In theory, yes. In practice I'm just going to end up looking poo poo up online because there is no way on earth I'd have randomly found the last stone tablet in a bandit camp near nothing except a boat summoning point (Lets be honest, once you'd done a once over of the isolated wee islands in Inazuma, you never go near those again, compared to how the boat was used in the summer island event), especially as there was nothing anywhere telling me I was even supposed to be looking for a fourth one. Also to get the last couple of boxes in the mountains I need to do a "defeat X enemies in 30 seconds" type event, but I couldnt do it when I first found it, so I thought "I'll come back once I've levelled up some other characters". I have now levelled more characters, and could possibly maybe do it, but I have no earthly idea of where in the mountains that was, and in fact until having this discussion I'd pretty much forgotten about it entirely.

So, actually I'm okay with quests that dont have markers as such, but do think that when you find the first bit of the quest you should get a quest log entry saying "find the 4 stone tablet in inazuma!" or "Investigate the glowing runes" or "find the other X boxes in the mountains" or whatever, so that I can remember that its a thing I'm supposed to be doing.

A quest log entry would be good, although I'm not sure how to balance that against something like the conch mystery box, where I think it worked very well that you had to turn in conchs without necessarily knowing what the grand prize was or feeding the foxes on the mountain where it wasn't obvious that had an end goal. We also have map pins to use to mark points of interest and I know I'm bad at using them, but I think I would say that I like the idea of using them better than the quest log entry for non-obvious quests. I am also pretty desensitized to having to look up info online. Beta minecraft got me into PC gaming and that was a wiki-fest.

I actually found that tablet first. I think killing that bandit camp was one of the first things I did in Inazuma.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 15, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There are so many food spawns in inazuma that I skip investigating sparkles after a certain point. I had to look up a stone tablet location and I probably never would have bothered investigating it (because I missed it my first time through).

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What’s a good artifact set for Ganyu if I wanted to use her as a selfish dps? The spreadsheet talks about melt and freeze but I don’t have enablers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's still blizzard slayer

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The guy tells you where to look for them at least, it’s not completely hidden. I thought it was cool I liked the army section where you go on a goose chase tracking him down.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

count me as another person who mostly found the slates unassisted. the one i couldn't find was the one in the well where it was obvious there was an area with stuff for me to get but i didn't initially figure out how to get in. i don't think it having an entry like Sakura Arborism would bring it down, as long as the other steps don't have the waypoint feature either.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 15, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I found all the slates incidentally while exploring and had to google what they were for, and then had a hell of a time finding the key in the tree right near the guy.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What’s a good artifact set for Ganyu if I wanted to use her as a selfish dps? The spreadsheet talks about melt and freeze but I don’t have enablers.

Wanderer's Troupe, you'll just have to sacrifice some crit damage for crit rate. It still has almost comparable numbers, though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYPchPY8-g

Video showing off yoimiya in contrast to hu tao. Basically if you dont have a fire carry and you want one then theres absolutely no reason why you shouldn't pull on her because you heard she was bad.

Pulling similar numbers and not having to worry about the wonkiness of the chargespam

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(brain derp freeze)

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 15, 2021

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYPchPY8-g

Video showing off yoimiya in contrast to hu tao. Basically if you dont have a fire carry and you want one then theres absolutely no reason why you shouldn't pull on her because you heard she was bad.

Pulling similar numbers and not having to worry about the wonkiness of the chargespam

Good watch. I'm always suspicious of the character opinion bandwagons. I didn't find her trial fun, but Sayu's trial was :discourse:.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want her burst to have aoe

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I think the Yoimiya poo-pooing has always been more about her tragic positioning on the release schedule and the fact that pyro is already quite saturated with capable damage dealers. In a total vacuum I'm sure she's fine.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I would love her burst if it was the Pyro version of Childe's and just pulsed even a weak pyro.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
But also please don't pull her if you mechanically need a pyro carry and have no opinion on her as a character. Xingling is still like a top 3 pyro unit and fills a support role as you get more powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If I had known/been paying attention going into their banners how amazing Ayaka and Kazuha are, I probably would've whaled hard for them instead of just getting lucky with 1 each over the course of their banners, so I'm kind of glad that Yoimiya feels like an "ehh, save up unless you super want" for once.