Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

evilweasel posted:

technically test unanchoring all their keepstars announced their withdrawal

:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tai posted:

Something something when you rely on your OP ship doctrine for too long and don't adapt.

Yea, drone assist nerf ended PL as being any kind of big swagger power.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CainFortea posted:

Yea, drone assist nerf ended PL as being any kind of big swagger power.

Speaking of drones, there doesn't seem to be a way to set drones to aggressive anymore. Is there no longer a way to have drones attack stuff shooting you after you launch them if they are out of your targeting range, or do you always have to be inside targeting range to set them to attack for the initial aggro?

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Pasha posted:

I think someone tried to get me to attack them in highsec? They attacked my MTU while I was doing a mission, but I just scooped it up and they flew around me for a bit before leaving. Very odd behavior ...

What was the pilot's name? There's a kb stat padder who does the rounds of high sec mission running this exact scam, often brings in their burning Orca as a backup, and collects and uses the kill rights. Shooting the MTU is a common trick into baiting the other player into getting Concordokkened.

I've had long conversations with them out of interest (I shot them with a noobship to play along to see where it went).

Their pleading always reminded me of a teenage boy asking to stick it in.

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017

snail posted:

What was the pilot's name? There's a kb stat padder who does the rounds of high sec mission running this exact scam, often brings in their burning Orca as a backup, and collects and uses the kill rights. Shooting the MTU is a common trick into baiting the other player into getting Concordokkened.

I've had long conversations with them out of interest (I shot them with a noobship to play along to see where it went).

Their pleading always reminded me of a teenage boy asking to stick it in.

Unfortunately I do not recall the name. They were flying a drone cruiser I believe (a Thorax, I think?) and there were no other ships around. Even though I was in a battlecruiser, I doubt that I could have won the battle, as they were at a very close range. I didn't really have much stuff that they could have looted from me anyway, so I can't imagine that money was their primary motivation ...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

Speaking of drones, there doesn't seem to be a way to set drones to aggressive anymore. Is there no longer a way to have drones attack stuff shooting you after you launch them if they are out of your targeting range, or do you always have to be inside targeting range to set them to attack for the initial aggro?

When you've got drones in space, right click "Drones in Space" or w/e, in the drone menu, and select aggressive. And also focus fire.

edit: i think, poo poo i was just doing this, now i have to double check.

sorry, its the hamburger

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 15, 2021

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Pasha posted:

Unfortunately I do not recall the name. They were flying a drone cruiser I believe (a Thorax, I think?) and there were no other ships around. Even though I was in a battlecruiser, I doubt that I could have won the battle, as they were at a very close range. I didn't really have much stuff that they could have looted from me anyway, so I can't imagine that money was their primary motivation ...

https://zkillboard.com/character/90864435/ is the person I was thinking of. He's no Globby, that's for sure.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

snail posted:

https://zkillboard.com/character/90864435/ is the person I was thinking of. He's no Globby, that's for sure.

krig is a true gamer, he's an OG and one of ~the good scammers~

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

krig is a true gamer, he's an OG and one of ~the good scammers~

Love his corp name

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SHISHKABOB posted:

When you've got drones in space, right click "Drones in Space" or w/e, in the drone menu, and select aggressive. And also focus fire.

edit: i think, poo poo i was just doing this, now i have to double check.

sorry, its the hamburger

Thanks.. I'll look at this again tomorrow when I'm in game.

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

feedmegin posted:

...are we short of auth people? I used to do that job myself, it wasn't historically a problem :/

andromache posted:

Pretty much anytime maneck wanted to add people to the goonwaffe auth team he’d pm me or some other full director and ask for those people to get roles. If he hasn’t reached out asking to add ppl I assume things aren’t broken.
One guy on the last page has supposedly been waiting for weeks without a reply, and I'm on day 7 without any response, so maybe we're dealing with auth director burnout?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Talking of Globby (I think it's Globby), he is still out there burst jamming? Or did CCP nerf him?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

notaspy posted:

Talking of Globby (I think it's Globby), he is still out there burst jamming? Or did CCP nerf him?

It got nerfed heavily after M2 IIRC.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I have faith he will return. CCP has nerfed his tactics like, what.. 8 or 9 times at this point? Globby. Globby always finds a way.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

notaspy posted:

burst jammers were changed so that if you have one fitted you can't be interdiction nullified. they introduced this before they changed nullification to a module you have to activate, but it is still true. the in game fitting tool doesn't warn you about this.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Remember back when PL was rightly feared for their supercap armada? When lots of fights ended with "...and then PL dropped supers on us."

What happened to turn them into a third rate puppet to TEST of all people?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Collateral Damage posted:

Remember back when PL was rightly feared for their supercap armada? When lots of fights ended with "...and then PL dropped supers on us."

What happened to turn them into a third rate puppet to TEST of all people?

They lost every major supercap battle since the fall of the old northern coalition and we built like three times the titans they have (or more). Turns out they’re real bad with them if they’re not the only ones with a supercap fleet.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It was B-R that finally broke them wasn't it?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

they lost a lot of their mystique and prestige after B-R but there was another, maybe X47 that was a further decline

basically we kicked their asses in every major supercap fight, ever

and for years the agitprop was that nobody could or would do that, especially goons

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Carth Dookie posted:

Yeah. Both the loss, and that they could no longer poach titan pilots from every other alliance claiming that they could only use their supercap in PL.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Foulbrood posted:

One guy on the last page has supposedly been waiting for weeks without a reply, and I'm on day 7 without any response, so maybe we're dealing with auth director burnout?

What are you actually waiting for? From what I remember the last time I authed an alt you have to both apply and then accept the invitation to join corp in-game. It's not automatic. So you may have the invitation waiting for you.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

:synpa: award goes to this dude in KarmaFleet: https://zkillboard.com/kill/94524074/

Got the final blow on the 8QT keepstar with a shitfit interceptor.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Foulbrood posted:

Check your corp tab for an invite, i had an alt get in no problem with like 48h turnaround.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

if Goons are so big and powerful why did they sit inside a bunker on a pure game mechanics defence?

if anyone gets invaded by a far weaker foe, they smash them out of their region. all i see was goons sitting on game mechanics waiting for the newly made unstable coalition/joint forces to implode rather than fight.....

congratulations goonswarm. you are by far the best at abusing game changes and game mechanics. and by far the biggest douches from them all.

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Vetitum posted:

What are you actually waiting for? From what I remember the last time I authed an alt you have to both apply and then accept the invitation to join corp in-game. It's not automatic. So you may have the invitation waiting for you.

MRC48B posted:

Check your corp tab for an invite, i had an alt get in no problem with like 48h turnaround.
I'm a returning vet and don't have any characters in the corp yet. Returning members guide says to wait for an email and in-game invite after character/API registration. Followed all the steps.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Foulbrood posted:

I'm a returning vet and don't have any characters in the corp yet. Returning members guide says to wait for an email and in-game invite after character/API registration. Followed all the steps.

I'm in the same situation. Did the stuff on the site, and now I'm just waiting for an invite.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Foulbrood posted:

I don’t remember getting a email, just an in-game invite that the game didn’t notify me about. I had to manually go dig it out of my Corp tab. Have you actually checked for one?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

raminasi posted:

I don’t remember getting a email, just an in-game invite that the game didn’t notify me about. I had to manually go dig it out of my Corp tab. Have you actually checked for one?

My last corp mail is the one telling me I was being purged in 2019.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Shart Carbuncle posted:

My last corp mail is the one telling me I was being purged in 2019.

Go to the corporation UI, not mail.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Go to the corporation UI, not mail.

Thanks for the tip! That just gives me a bunch of thrilling details about Viziam, though. No indication of an invite.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I think my process was apply to goonwaffe in game, get accepted a few hours later, then do all of that ESS stuff on goonfleet.com which took a day or so to sort itself out. I’m an old retvet with goonwaffe Corp history though so that might have made a difference.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

We should give our enemies a little bit of credit here, in just 13 months PAPI achieved in Delve everything that took the US government 20 years in Afghanistan.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 15, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shame on an IGA posted:

We should give our enemies a little bit of credit here, in just 13 months PAPI achieved in Delve everything that took the US government 20 years in Afghanistan.

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

notaspy posted:

ccp made it impossible to be interdiction nullified while having a burst jammer fit.

they also made warp core stabilizers an active module

so they double nerfed me over the span of 3 months.

you can still technically do it in lowsec but you're easily caught now

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ccp made it impossible to be interdiction nullified while having a burst jammer fit.

they also made warp core stabilizers an active module

so they double nerfed me over the span of 3 months.

you can still technically do it in lowsec but you're easily caught now

Did you ever consider booshing a bunch of jammers into the enemy fleet and then booshing out again?

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

shame on an IGA posted:

:drat:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ajaxify posted:

Did you ever consider booshing a bunch of jammers into the enemy fleet and then booshing out again?

not really effective, also i'd rather just have 10 booshers and zoot the enemy fleet apart over and over again

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

CFox posted:

I think my process was apply to goonwaffe in game, get accepted a few hours later, then do all of that ESS stuff on goonfleet.com which took a day or so to sort itself out. I’m an old retvet with goonwaffe Corp history though so that might have made a difference.

Ya, I was invited within 24 hours but have goonwaffe history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I'm trying to add an alt to Waffe - I made it when AFK Hulk mining seemed to be the next big thing, then managed to never use it. Guess it'll be my new cyno alt. The alt is added in the ESA, I've applied in-game, and I sent an email to newbies@. Are there any other steps I'm missing?

Edit - and just like that, I got my invite. Thanks, whomever is watching the thread / coincidentally clicked the button at the exact same time!

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 15, 2021