Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

You don't need to be online, Miro talked about it on TV Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lid posted:

Dave Meltzer wrote it was the worst wrestling TV episode he had ever seen, the headline on the Observer was "That Was Wretched", it sent waves through Bryan and Vinyn of laughter and pain of how it was, it needs to be seen to be believed.

So of course TNA uploaded it for free on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaPQSr_fxe0

Behold, the Worst Episode of Impact ever.

i am actually wheeze laughing at this youtube comment please send help

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 15, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MrMovieMashpotatobrains

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I agree with this guy, Tony is too much of a coward to ever broadcast the turkey epilepsy gif

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

He’s been on tv getting his rear end kicked and was very noticeable in the pandemic crowd. Plus, casual fans don’t exist anymore, at least not in the same sense as they did 20 years ago. If someone watches a wrestling clip on YouTube or follows a wrestler on social media they’ll get inundated with all sorts of suggested clips and posts on social media. Even people who may only watch raw or Smackdown once a month have a good idea of the wrestling landscape and who is wrestling g where now.

I mean a lot more people watch Dynamite than watch Dark/Elevation.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1426869954339610625?s=20

aaaaaAaahh

you may not like it but being a "WWE SHAREHOLDER" is what peak performance looks like

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i am actually wheeze laughing at this youtube comment please send help

I mean he's not wrong about TNA being on fire

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's always amusing clicking on the profile pictures of internet weirdos calling athletes out of shape

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1426980725031571459

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/thebattlebrand/status/1426764891243745284?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure WWE jeopardised the working relationship by firing him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thhhhiiiink that one is sarcasm.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

The phrase "your number one priority should definitely be" cannot be written sincerely, as the process of writing it makes you understand sarcasm.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This one spells out 'rad'. Guess Bronson's a boot licker.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

teh guy saying that to jonah is a lesser-known indie wrestler. if you took it seriously you are on the level of the people on twitter. uh oh. you'll never escape your lot in loife

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/PaulAceFontaine/status/1426996939627929601

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That whole thread is amazing to read

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

That whole thread is amazing to read

lol it is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I don't watch NXT because it doesn't exist, but "Gargano beats Dexter, Indi asserts her independence and makes out with him anyway" seems pretty much like the only way you can end that story, were people complaining about it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The only part I saw complaints about were 'it's kinda gross to treat her like an object to be won in a match in 2021'

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MJeff posted:

I don't watch NXT because it doesn't exist, but "Gargano beats Dexter, Indi asserts her independence and makes out with him anyway" seems pretty much like the only way you can end that story, were people complaining about it?

No, no one even pays attention to nxt storylines anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

The only part I saw complaints about were 'it's kinda gross to treat her like an object to be won in a match in 2021'

Which, giving the bare minimum credit to NXT, they ultimately subverted with the finish, where Indi just decided to go with Dexter anyway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you think about it, for a billionaire to hold "you have to do this impossible task or else you will not have employment in my company" over the person, then purposefully and knowingly at the end go ahead and give them the job anyway solely to make themselves look like a great guy when they set all of that up in the first place; it's pure evil in reality. but it's celebrated by everyone including people crying their eyes out. it's really hosed up. but of course there is a layer beyond that where we know what really happened. fuego genuinely did not know he was actually going to be given the contract that he's more than earned for a while now. he had made a name for himself and aew would have been foolish not to lock him down. and they proudly announced that part as well, and it further made everyone go 'aww'. they basically publicly presented him with "you are now signed to us. if you break this by not agreeing to our terms you will look like the bad guy to stupid wrestling fans."

that's really weird if you think about it. none of this is like writing a woman to be an actual object. i know dat. i am aware of the facts. i'm sorry for connecting it to that situation by bringing it up here. but i was going to bring it up somewhere. this is the bad takes thread for takes like this. i'll not argue with others who disagree with me. you're right

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MJeff posted:

she (in storyline) made up the stipulation herself, gargano agreed and then won, she went back on her word immediately, gargano did nothing and then it was never mentioned that it was a thing again.

like in the grand scheme who loving cares when the stipulation is dumb poo poo like that but there is a huge difference between something like that that is a wager and the fuego thing which is a prize. if i say i'll give you $5 if you can do a backflip and you try but fail and i give you the $5 anyway, who in their right mind will get mad and accuse me of going back on my word?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

she (in storyline) made up the stipulation herself, gargano agreed and then won, she went back on her word immediately, gargano did nothing and then it was never mentioned that it was a thing again.

like in the grand scheme who loving cares when the stipulation is dumb poo poo like that but there is a huge difference between something like that that is a wager and the fuego thing which is a prize. if i say i'll give you $5 if you can do a backflip and you try but fail and i give you the $5 anyway, who in their right mind will get mad and accuse me of going back on my word?

Jesus gently caress I assumed Gargano was the one who came up with the stip. :laffo:

Why did I give NXT the benefit of the doubt.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Even if it is, I’m going to double down and say that when a stranger is trying to navigate a simultaneous employment and immigration status crisis, it’s a bad take to have a little fun and joke around about it with them.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 15, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CopywrightMMXI posted:

No, no one even pays attention to nxt storylines anymore.

to be fair there arent any except for maybe 2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thanks my nose is bleeding now

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Not that this applies to that dude in particular, but my favorite genre of twitter account is the wannabe influencer that's like @MeltzerKryptonite316 with a bio that talks about how they keep the IWC in line.

But then you look at their tweets and they get less engagement than some random grandma talking about how her rutabagas are coming along really well this year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Zombie Lemur posted:

Not that this applies to that dude in particular, but my favorite genre of twitter account is the wannabe influencer that's like @MeltzerKryptonite316 with a bio that talks about how they keep the IWC in line.

But then you look at their tweets and they get less engagement than some random grandma talking about how her rutabagas are coming along really well this year.

Normally I'm fine with this kind of stuff but you have crossed the line.

The Rutabaga-growing Grandma Community is far better than any wrestling one.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

if you think about it, for a billionaire to hold "you have to do this impossible task or else you will not have employment in my company" over the person, then purposefully and knowingly at the end go ahead and give them the job anyway solely to make themselves look like a great guy when they set all of that up in the first place; it's pure evil in reality. but it's celebrated by everyone including people crying their eyes out. it's really hosed up. but of course there is a layer beyond that where we know what really happened. fuego genuinely did not know he was actually going to be given the contract that he's more than earned for a while now. he had made a name for himself and aew would have been foolish not to lock him down. and they proudly announced that part as well, and it further made everyone go 'aww'. they basically publicly presented him with "you are now signed to us. if you break this by not agreeing to our terms you will look like the bad guy to stupid wrestling fans."

that's really weird if you think about it. none of this is like writing a woman to be an actual object. i know dat. i am aware of the facts. i'm sorry for connecting it to that situation by bringing it up here. but i was going to bring it up somewhere. this is the bad takes thread for takes like this. i'll not argue with others who disagree with me. you're right

You're completely right. It's obviously Feugo's dream and poo poo and i'm happy for him but having signed contracts in my life that were my "dream" only to years later find out how hosed over i was it's a pretty intense thing to surprise someone with for a feel good angle. I assume the contract is fine but also I see absolutely no reason to ever trust any billionaire to have pure intentions and I think i'll be happier in life with this outlook.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they showed him in real life signing the contract without reading it. they egged him on, "sign that poo poo." hopefully they take good care of him. that's all that matters :)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Eat My Fuc posted:

You're completely right. It's obviously Feugo's dream and poo poo and i'm happy for him but having signed contracts in my life that were my "dream" only to years later find out how hosed over i was it's a pretty intense thing to surprise someone with for a feel good angle. I assume the contract is fine but also I see absolutely no reason to ever trust any billionaire to have pure intentions and I think i'll be happier in life with this outlook.
AEW was always bad because Tony is a billionaire. I only trust Vince McMahon

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

AEW was always bad because Tony is a billionaire. I only trust Vince McMahon

Why do you trust Vince McMahon? Do you mean poster Vince MechMahon? I trust them too.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I mean, if Sammy's announcement on Wednesday is that Fuego actually signed a contract to be his manservant that would be amazing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you always know how to make me say Saul Goode

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Saul Goode posted:

I mean, if Sammy's announcement on Wednesday is that Fuego actually signed a contract to be his manservant that would be amazing.

"The deal is finalized and the name on the contract does say, 'Del Sol'..."

*Samuray Del Sol's music hits*

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Normally I'm fine with this kind of stuff but you have crossed the line.

The Rutabaga-growing Grandma Community is far better than any wrestling one.

The RGGC, as the insiders call it, has become increasingly toxic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zombie Lemur posted:

This tweet hit that particular sweet spot for me although it ended up getting engagement when people made fun of him.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingShoot2/status/1426184905847828487

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Peak irony.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WrestlingShoot2/status/1426377973410582531