Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I think you’re probably happy if you’re a fan of any of those teams. None of the QB’s had an, “Uh oh, he doesn’t belong out there” performance, which I think is all you’re looking for at this point.

Trey Lance's accuracy looks awful if you look at the stats, and he certainly wasn't perfect by any means. But there were a few drops and either by design or just the way he does it (which might need to be fixed possibly) he's not getting credit for WR screens because they were laterals.

I mean, WR screens aren't impressive but I actually was kinda impressed. That ball gets out there fast which does help.

e: To be clear I don't want him to see the field this year. Just he wasn't as bad as the game log will show other than that long TD.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

How was Trask?

Because his stats were :chloe:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Ehud posted:

None of the QB’s had an, “Uh oh, he doesn’t belong out there” performance, which I think is all you’re looking for at this point.

Yeah, it's only been one preseason game, but that won't stop the immediate over-analysis

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

e: To be clear I don't want him to see the field this year. Just he wasn't as bad as the game log will show other than that long TD.

I want him and Fields to play every snap this year. Bears football is threatening to become appointment television.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gonz posted:

Taysom Hill is strictly a gadget player and the Saints trying to pretend otherwise will detonate in their faces.

The saints only gave him a contract to try to get some other team to trade for him, but no one else was dumb enough to do so.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

I want him and Fields to play every snap this year. Bears football is threatening to become appointment television.

I was approaching it from a what's best for him standpoint, but from an entertainment for me standpoint this would be good too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1426901314966102017?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have never been so excited to watch a preseason game as Fields Vs. Mitch

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have never been so excited to watch a preseason game as Fields Vs. Mitch

Fields of Dream vs the Pretty Boy Assassin.... This Is Why We Watch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they're playing it at soldier field and i have no idea what kind of reception mitchell d. trubisky is going to receive from the chicago crowd

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

I don’t know how to rank the rookie QB performances this weekend.

There's zero reason to try.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

The saints only gave him a contract to try to get some other team to trade for him, but no one else was dumb enough to do so.

Nah, Sean Payton really, legitimately, likes him. It’s not a long con. He’s doing exactly what he wants, which is to try to turn Taysom Hill into an actual NFL quarterback.

Gonz posted:

Taysom Hill is strictly a gadget player and the Saints trying to pretend otherwise will detonate in their faces.

Oh no, they’re going to ruin their chance to go 7-10 by going 5-12!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

blarzgh posted:

There's zero reason to try.

What else are we going to do? Not talk about football?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here. Doug Farrar write like 3000 words on the rookie performances.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1426905652207579138

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here. Doug Farrar write like 3000 words on the rookie performances.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1426905652207579138

I forgot about the offensive power duo Urbz brought in to develop Lawrence.

quote:

Overall, a frustrating and inconclusive performance, but that completion to Jones is a good sign. Lawrence taking those sacks in a short time on the field? Not so much.

Did Lawrence hold onto the ball too long, or was it that the route concepts designed by offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and passing game coordinator Brian Schottenheimer did Lawrence no favors? If you’re familiar with Schottenheimer’s work in Seattle, you may lean toward the latter explanation.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Can't believe the preseason debut of future hall of famer Davis Mills isn't getting more attention

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

lol but that's still better than Houston signing the Ravens passing game coordinator to be the HC

that might be the worst coaching move I have ever seen

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

lol I completely forgot about those hirings.

I feel bad for Trevor Lawrence. It’s hard to imagine a worse coaching staff to develop a QB. The only name I can think of that rivals Schotty and Bevell is Adam Gase.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mystic Stylez posted:

lol but that's still better than Houston signing the Ravens passing game coordinator to be the HC

that might be the worst coaching move I have ever seen

To be at least a *little* fair to the Texans, nobody else wanted that job because Watson had declared that he wouldn’t play, BoB had given away both all of their good players and all of their draft picks somehow, and everyone knew that a televangelist huckster was the real power running the team.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

lol I completely forgot about those hirings.

I feel bad for Trevor Lawrence. It’s hard to imagine a worse coaching staff to develop a QB. The only name I can think of that rivals Schotty and Bevell is Adam Gase.

Meanwhile they could theoretically hired Arthur Smith, who runs a remarkably QB-friendly system and resurrected Tannehill's career.

(I will never shut up about this)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Give me the advanced analytics that shows that Mac Jones played amazing while everyone else sucked.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Give me the advanced analytics that shows that Mac Jones played amazing while everyone else sucked.

mccorklytics

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/b1ackschefter/status/1426770794848391171?s=21

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

lol at the end where the dude randomly stumbles into the shot on the left with his pants half off

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Why is everyone a walking Far Side character rear end crack?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

me every time I see one of these fights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpEDSvaP_-8

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I thought LA would be less fat than the rest of America. Like nearly everyone in this video is enormously obese

Also that "fight" generated a good lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every time i see one of those videos i think about how lovely it must be to be sitting near those idiots and getting pelted with poo poo and surrounded by rear end cracks and there's a small chance that some dipshit swings on you for no reason.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
That dude really almost pulled off a one-swing four-face backhand lmao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol look at what set everything off

https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/status/1426924056217997323?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol colts

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1426937350437974017?s=19

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
lmao at Jared goff’s #1 fan landing some sick butt punches

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Jalen hurts :smithfrog:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Why is everyone a walking Far Side character rear end crack?

LA fans are dumb. Your supposed to beat up your division rivals fans!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

At first I was surprised there were actual Chargers fans at the game. Quickly realized otherwise.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't miss going to nfl games as much as I thought I would.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’ve never understood spending hundreds of dollars for tickets to a game only to then get arrested.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Really pleasantly surprised by the defense. I don't care what else happened, allowing only 1 td is really good. Pleasantly surprised with the depth. The offensive line looked like a regular fire rather than a tire fire, which is progress. Most of the people who repeatedly hosed up aren't roster guys.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1426743300413812737

Slater :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ve never understood spending hundreds of dollars for tickets to a game only to then get arrested.

At a preseason game where it is home team vs home team.