Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No one under 60 knows what that means though

it’s a bad guy in a marvel movie i think

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

You know it's kinda funny but even reflecting on my upbringing we really don't teach kids American history past WW2 I wonder why that is

probably no reason

As my AP History teacher (my favorite teacher ever) put it, "Even if they let me teach any recent US history I wouldn't do it because everyone would act like we're making political statements and I don't want parents calling and screaming at me. I will absolutely recommend you books though!" .

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

So the 20th anniversary of 9/11 is really going to be something if the Taliban ends up taking hostages huh?

Just the absolute worst, dumbest most predicable outcome.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

What little pulse there can be said to be, sure

What are the hip young Fox Newsers tik-taking about these days? Catheters?

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
~Who can say where the road goes?~

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PyPy posted:

they are calling it Saigon

uh i think you mean ho chi minh city???

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Animal Friend posted:

So the 20th anniversary of 9/11 is really going to be something if the Taliban ends up taking hostages huh?

Taliban does the outfit switcheroo from Dark Knight and marine snipers headshot every civilian

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
French ambassador bugging out

https://twitter.com/david_martinon/status/1426924558049755140

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/JackMurphyRGR/status/1426541505292931072

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol I have this song on repeat as I catch up with this thread

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

holy poo poo it's over? or the tallies are going to mortar the airport?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

holy poo poo it's over? or the tallies are going to mortar the airport?

One can only hope.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Anyone who didn't make it out by now isn't american and never existed and you can't prove otherwise
problem solved

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1379437049728659459

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1426948541273067529

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

will they rename Kabul Omarabad?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1426946228475121671?s=20

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

PawParole posted:

will they rename Kabul Omarabad?

Kamalabad!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Instantly looked for the date/year thinkingno way but lol loving shameless

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Animal-Mother posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/549310295362260992

Taliban still owns the place, we didn't install a puppet "democracy," and Bin Laden got most of what he wanted; an endless, expensive military boondoggle.

LOL

lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

two decades and trillions well spent

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Whoa boy, Biden's troop surge is gonna run face-first into a freshly equipped and invigorated Taliban.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

what happened after that

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Mr. Pool posted:

Taliban does the outfit switcheroo from Dark Knight and marine snipers headshot every civilian

1980s CIA: "this country deserves a better villain..."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

ELTON JOHN posted:

what happened after that

don't worry about it

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

:yeshaha:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Ok imagine this gif only its the us walking onto the stage and the stage is afghanistan and instead of immedetiadly walking off we stay on the stage for 20 years and then go down into a pit with russia and the uk

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
crazy how twenty years of effort from our nations leaders to fix the problems of a broken land failed spectacularly

like they have some kind of ideology that influenced their decisions that is incompatible with basic reality and incapable of resolving the most obvious problems

anyways, enough about america, how's kabul doing

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm curious as to how many private military contractors got caught with their pants down and stuck behind enemy lines. Where are they in the priority list of evacuees? Are they already gone?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

drat, i feel bad for the tens of thousands of people who worked with us who will undoubtedly be executed within the next week. between this and the abandonment of the Kurds a couple of years ago it should be clear that America still can't be trusted.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

efb

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Anyone who didn't make it out by now isn't american and never existed and you can't prove otherwise
problem solved

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/apr/10/powmia-flag-returns-atop-white-house-after-nearly-/

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

BeefThief posted:

drat, i feel bad for the tens of thousands of people who worked with us who will undoubtedly be executed within the next week.

...why?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
is this like, the thirtieth time America has left its collaborators and allies to die, people probably shouldn't trust uncle sam

speaking of, are there still goons longing for us intervention in Venezuela and such, what are they up to

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Animal Friend posted:

Can totally see them do a celebatory thing on 9/11.
Some executions/beheadings in the local stadium, flanked by captured humvees, captured afghan soldiers made to watch.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

they probably either thought they were doing what was right or felt like they had no choice

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

BeefThief posted:

drat, i feel bad for the tens of thousands of people who worked with us who will undoubtedly be executed within the next week. between this and the abandonment of the Kurds a couple of years ago it should be clear that America still can't be trusted.

I mean you can't trust what America says but you can reliably predict the outcomes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

do you think there will be another "terrorist" "attack" soon