Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

this must be satire right

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1426931950422536201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For a guy with a French name Skippy really doesn't care about appealing to francophone voters. Maybe that's why he's salty.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 15, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I hope the liberals loving get destroyed over this. A naked power grab election in the middle of the pandemic? No one loving wants this and it’s literally going to kill people. Get hosed JT.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Arivia posted:

I hope the liberals loving get destroyed over this. A naked power grab election in the middle of the pandemic? No one loving wants this and it’s literally going to kill people. Get hosed JT.

Would you settle for a Liberal majority?

:suicide:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nice whistle there Conservatives.

Secure the future indeed. For whom?

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

Arivia posted:

So you wish the BC Liberals had won the last election there, then, since it was triggered by the NDP premier during a pandemic. Right?

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

For a guy with a French name Skippy really doesn't care about appealing to francophone voters. Maybe that's why he's salty.

Ive always gotten the impression that he’s trying to downplay the Frenchness of his name anyway.

He used to always want to come and give a campaign speech to my high school politics class when I was a kid, and he’d get real salty about that too.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Why is the R sticking its dick into the U?

Also who uses an iPad in portrait upside-down orientation? He's just not ready.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

pokeyman posted:

Why is the R sticking its dick into the U?

I think it's meant to look link links in a chain?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

angerbeet posted:

I think it's meant to look link links in a chain?

Or maybe a padlock?

Sticking with flaccid-rear end R dick.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's a mistranslation. I should read fighting for job creators

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

tagesschau posted:

So you wish the BC Liberals had won the last election there, then, since it was triggered by the NDP premier during a pandemic. Right?

Sure? It sucks no matter who is doing it, but I’m not nearly as familiar with BC politics so I forget what rationale Horgan gave for his election call.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

I loving hate people putting "BREAKING" and "JUST IN" in their tweets.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

How dare Trudeau not respect that the conservatives should be allowed to tank their popularity by killing untold numbers of Canadians with their policies and then allowed to rehab their image before the next election.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Arivia posted:

Naked power grabs are cool, and I respect them for it. However I also hope the liberals are destroyed but because of their governance and policies.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Lotta people in this thread seem to want a Conservative govt.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/Knows_Bo/status/1426932343563071489

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Syfe posted:

Lotta people in this thread seem to want a Conservative govt.

Liberals will save you!

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

They will not, but as always the cons are worse.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/comox-valley-regional-district-phase-out-gas-stations-1.6139542

How much of a hippy dippy do idea is this? Still have poo poo battery tech, the cars all kinda suck, but to not allow any new changes to pumps or they just “die naturally” sounds like wacky island brain thinking.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

god i hate 2021

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
and clearly pierre poilievere is the first and only politician to use the incredibly creative phrase "fighting for you"

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Advocating "strategic" voting in 2021 should be bannable.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

pokeyman posted:

As much as pretending it makes a difference to vote for someone who will certainly finish a distant third (or even fourth) in their riding should be bannable.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i haven't literally lol'd about politics in a long, long time. thanks, PCs!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

tagesschau posted:

As much as pretending it makes a difference to vote for someone who will certainly finish a distant third (or even fourth) in their riding should be bannable.

Your individual vote is not going to sway the election, vote your conscience.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

mila kunis posted:

Your individual vote is not going to sway the election, vote your conscience.

People who say this should at least identify which party their planning on voting for so we can know in which way its biased.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

pokeyman posted:

Everyone votes strategically, pretending otherwise is dumb. The liberals always push this too far, and pretend that a ndp vote is a conservative view in every single riding, but let's not pretend that there's tons of people in here that would vote for the NDP over a ML or Communist candidate because those candidates have zero chance of winning.

In an ideal system we wouldn't have to vote strategically, but that's not the system we have.

I won't vote liberal no matter what since that's voting for a party I'm actively against, but I'm absolutely going to vote for anyone to the left who stands a chance of winning.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Vintersorg posted:

Nice whistle there Conservatives.

Secure the future indeed. For whom?

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

Why does this keep happening? :iiam:

I wish I'd kept a tally of little oopsies like this that popped up during the Harper years - using Nazi slogans from the 1930s and so on. :wtf:

The people who just ripped off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to produce a juvenile attack ad shouldn't be bitching about plagiarism. Besides, the "you" in Jagmeet's ad is italicized so clearly different.

Arivia posted:

Sure? It sucks no matter who is doing it, but I’m not nearly as familiar with BC politics so I forget what rationale Horgan gave for his election call.

He was tired of a minority government with the Greens holding the balance. Didn't matter since he and Weaver seemed to have very effectively hogtied the Greens the moment the agreement was signed. Sucked, but I still voted NDP. This riding went with the incumbent B.C. Liberal candidate, a young Para-Olympic athlete whose only skillset seems to be getting herself elected by the oldest population in Canada and making a wheelchair go very fast around the track. Which is still more than other Liberal candidates have to offer. Local representation is a bit lacking, notably on disability issues.

Green candidates in this riding tend to be the type wearing suits and driving a Tesla with a rack on business cards for their consulting firm on the dash . It's disappointing that there are no magic crystals hanging from the rear view mirror. (Do Teslas even have rear view mirrors? I dunno these things, gently caress Elon.)

Arivia posted:

I would too, as long as it wouldn't lead to putting the Conservatives back in power. They've gone through their competent evil period, now we're in to the incompetent, buffoon evil period.

Lib minority with strong NDP/Bloc holding the balance of power. I'd like a pony too while I'm at it.

Nitr0 posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/comox-valley-regional-district-phase-out-gas-stations-1.6139542

How much of a hippy dippy do idea is this? Still have poo poo battery tech, the cars all kinda suck, but to not allow any new changes to pumps or they just “die naturally” sounds like wacky island brain thinking.

I think that's already happening anyway due to the huge liability associated with old underground tanks. More gas stations on this end of the island have been decommissioned than new ones opened and there's still a lot of life left in the existing stations. And just :lol: at the idea of hydrogen fuel as long as we're producing it from natural gas and coal-generated Alberta power. At that point it does become wacky island brain thinking.

The east coast of the island is all teed up to burn down again like it did in 1840 so there might be an issue rebuilding the charred remains. I have to admit this is not high on my worry priority list.

btw, battery tech is fine for commuter vehicles, even living on the island. In a world where 10 year old 200k vehicles need to be scrapped because everything is junk coming off the assembly line I'm not sure there's much to be concerned about with a 10-20 year battery life. Hopefully that won't become 5-8 years through the miracle of modern capitalism. I also don't think we should be trying to consume our way out of a problem created by excessive consumption, but that's just me.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I have just discovered that Alejandra Bravo won the nomination in Davenport back in July, which explains why I had no idea who my federal NDP candidate was until just now. Her name doesn't ring any bells, good or bad, so I guess I'll see what I can dig up.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

People who say this should at least identify which party their planning on voting for so we can know in which way its biased.

Elections are about mass politics and appeal, and the responsibility of having enough of it to win a riding is the job of the political party, not the individual voter. The shifting of the responsibility onto individuals is broken brain liberal poo poo that substitutes moral blackmail for actually and credibly offering people anything.

You will not decide the election with your single ballot, the only way to have a meaningful impact is to volunteer your time and energy to convince a statistically significant number of other people to do something specific with theirs.

Your individual vote should absolutely be for whoever you want, and "strategic" voting is for morons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mr O'Toole how do you feel about the backlash against your Charlie and the Chicolate Factory video?

Well first of all it was Willy Wonka and the Chicolate Factory and furthermore

Also good look here CBC. When do we board the DC-8s to meet Xenu?
https://mobile.twitter.com/CBCToronto/status/1426965620399149063

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 15, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mila kunis posted:

voting is for morons.

:hmmyes:

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

EngineerJoe posted:

This is different for different ridings. It applies to at least one riding for every party.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope the libs get another minority, NDP pick up more seats and the Cons get wrecked.
Also because I am a west coaster who vote is pretty much meaningless three hours before I even cast it I usually vote for the party I want in power, strategic be damned. I understand if those living on the east don't have that privilege.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I am very concerned about the grab for power. Who should I vote for?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Madkal posted:

I hope the libs get another minority, NDP pick up more seats and the Cons get wrecked.
Also because I am a west coaster who vote is pretty much meaningless three hours before I even cast it I usually vote for the party I want in power, strategic be damned. I understand if those living on the east don't have that privilege.

This is where I'm at. Don't really want a lib majority at this point (or ever) so lib minority with the NDP to occasionally needle them is ideal and will be from now until I die (which may be soon thanks to heat + wildfires).

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

half cocaine posted:

Anyone who doesn't want power. If they're running for office, that pretty much disqualifies them. Good luck.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

half cocaine posted:

Me. I have a proven track record of nobody ever listening to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

tagesschau posted:

Me. I have a proven track record of nobody ever listening to me.

In which riding are you representing the Greens?