Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I'm sure she's a monster but I don't know what this picture is supposed to inspire other than respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The reason it got so much press was that she was the minister of health when the picture was taken.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's a sugar free soda, at least :v:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's pretty depressing to see that athletes are so unconcerned with politics that they willingly participates in whitewashing of dictatorships:
https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/svarer-pa-bahrain-kritikken/74055949

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm sure she's a monster but I don't know what this picture is supposed to inspire other than respect.

Oh, I just think the picture is funny.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think the pic rules but only because I don't know anything about her

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Beeswax posted:

I think the pic rules but only because I don't know anything about her

Agreed, it's a great photo of a person who stinks like poo poo and willingly destroys their lungs.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/DidrikSoderlind/status/1421051852720906244

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Nenonen posted:

Agreed, it's a great photo of a person who stinks like poo poo and willingly destroys their lungs.

She is a piece of poo poo. Closest thing we have to a US-style Trumpian right-winger among significant persons in Norwegian politics.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

RL21v1O9k9I2iCrRKBRC
zRkObOfPb4EWzHfcSjMY
szeOElqaus9HdqCpxWjO
3CvJLjbfNbCn6wRn0GXR
eHypm2qrHpcBzzlyyC3L
IzN3sDnFY6x4dqrKMyha
dxiymfzQtto9Zije4E4t
zDrz07mNzm9LFcsjrbj5
hLHsVJc2BgxWeqD65YlO
ebF4EQ59VyZoA09Vm26j

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 27, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Min sambo fick svenskt medborgarskap idag så Fuuuuuuuuck YOU, Jimmie-Boy!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Grattis! I applied last night and cried because the migrationsverket website crashed after payment

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zero Gravitas posted:

Recommend me a norwegian paper with political coverage that isnt dogshit

Resett.no:getin:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Is sambo a fun homonym in Swedish too? Because in Danish it's either incredibly racist or just means roomie.

Also congratulations to them!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BonHair posted:

Is sambo a fun homonym in Swedish too? Because in Danish it's either incredibly racist or just means roomie.

It is and as a brown it is never not hilarious to say it to other English speakers not in the know.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Zero Gravitas posted:

Recommend me a norwegian paper with political coverage that isnt dogshit

NRK/Aftenposten is filled with teenage high school drama will they/wont they crap that doesnt reveal anything.

Dagens Næringsliv or Klassekampen for dailies, Dag og Tid or, for a certain wank factor tolerance, Morgenbladet for weeklies. if you're (for some bizarre reason) interested in agriculture or norwegian christian affairs, Nationen and Vårt Land are surprisingly decent papers

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 9, 2021

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

It is and as a brown it is never not hilarious to say it to other English speakers not in the know.

It is? Huh.

The most common meaning in my circles is "living in sin"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

It is? Huh.

The most common meaning in my circles is "living in sin"

Fun fact: Until 1972 it literally was living in sin in Norway: https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konkubinatparagrafen

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

BonHair posted:

I know sambo is a slur in English but I've honestly never heard it ever used in the other meaning than cohabitants in Swedish, it's not really a homonym in Swedish.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's a very cool children's book that you can still buy in Denmark:

The actual story is as bad as you imagine.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Wait what? First time i hear about this other meaning of sambo (im swedish).

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 9, 2021

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

There are more immigrants (in percentage of party votes) that vote for SD than V or MP.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

1dhoKBLjCjfGVGorZYYq
rUoOCTZBQn13fpf9zyR4
1hpcWE4W1Hcc0uBBKftO
Uusk8Wj7pprbzZzlBN7C
0XHBLB1ZHiTUiB3iot0c
p5r3x8LWYrmBHCEHOdES
aqhhLRmOlInWBxDzsh7F
vLsZQy5Wk9UQ60DWgAFW
b2iRmdi448uJNLSGpxON
XRnBrxFfd0QaV5DsU130

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 27, 2023

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Cardiac posted:

There are more immigrants (in percentage of party votes) that vote for SD than V or MP.

Pinsammaste Kramer:n/"well ackshually" jag sett på forumen på ett bra tag.

(grattis till BigglesSWE med Sambo!)

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

BonHair posted:

It's a very cool children's book that you can still buy in Denmark:

The actual story is as bad as you imagine.

My in-laws gave my wife's late 80s copy of this book to my daughter when she was around 2,5. I hadn't seen it in more than 25 years, so I tried reading it to her. She loved it because the tigers are scary and exciting, but I felt dirty as gently caress from having subjected her to it. She will never see that book again, until she is old enough to understand how terrible it is.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Falukorv posted:

Wait what? First time i hear about this other meaning of sambo (im swedish).

It's pretty obsolete as a slur around here, I can barely remember it from the 80s.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

Hell yeah

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Pinsammaste Kramer:n/"well ackshually" jag sett på forumen på ett bra tag.

(grattis till BigglesSWE med Sambo!)

Det är svenska motsvarigheten till ”Många latinos röstade på Trump!”

Det är magiskt att se i realtid :allears:

fnox
May 19, 2013

I was a bit confused by sambo as well when I first got here, my mind immediately connected it with “samba” first though, and that’s likely because my fat mind associated it with a Venezuelan candy bar of the same name.

Definitely raises a few eyebrows if you don’t know that the “bo” is meant to be pronounced boo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"You weren't there, man. I know what I'm talking about." (August 8)

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

BigglesSWE posted:

How strict are they with language requirements? We're considering this with my hong kong wife but she's so bad at learning new languages it's bordering on disability

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Voted Rødt; I wish I had looked into what representatives were more radical, but I just went with the default list order.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Vesi posted:

How strict are they with language requirements? We're considering this with my hong kong wife but she's so bad at learning new languages it's bordering on disability

Literally none, one can get around and live a pretty normal life by only communicating in english. You will however always be handicapped and at a disadvantage if you don't learn swedish. You will also have a hard time picking up/understanding relevant news and you will probably both feel like, and be treated as, a tourist.

Zudgemud fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 15, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Vesi posted:

Learn even some basic phrases and she’ll be fine. Learning when immersed is way easier for the most part - I knew some Swedish before moving here officially but after doing so, it came so much quicker.

There is no language requirement YET, there might be one in the future. Come build goonkoloni

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

thotsky posted:

Voted Rødt; I wish I had looked into what representatives were more radical, but I just went with the default list order.

Hi5.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

"You weren't there, man. I know what I'm talking about." (August 8)

lmao

One of the DF turds were suggesting last week that evacuating 50 translators and their families would be an unacceptable "flygtningestrøm", and they should just be left in country. Marcus seems to have a similar opinion.

I enjoyed this take though

Former Defense Minister Søren Gade posted:

Vi tog til Afghanistan for at fjerne det styre, der tillod Osama bin Laden at træne terrorister. Det lykkedes vi med 100 procent.
Sure am glad those Taliban boys aren't around anymore.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Esran posted:

Sure am glad those Taliban boys aren't around anymore.

It's hilarious to see the complete break from reality these ghouls are putting on display. Now Knuth is :qq:'ing that "we" spent 20 years and 40 soldiers' lives only to see the house of cards collapse. I hope some of them were his friends and he has recurrent nightmares about it, but I assume Count Fuckwit didn't see combat.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
We'll probably see more "it's victory wine"-style takes like Søren Gade's soon, and probably also lots of whining that if only Biden hadn't cut and run, we could have definitely "won" Afghanistan.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Does Denmark actually think their contribution in Afghanistan was significant? Us and the Danes were hangers-on, at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
My impression is that most regular people don't think about it very much, and if they do they probably know that the Danish contribution was very minor.

Some politicians like to pretend we're a major player internationally, and not just doing what we're told by the Americans. It's pretty silly when it happens.