Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, even more in the last year. I've seen them sell at $475 mib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
speakin of classics

this week's new arrivals. six more in transit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Movie Skeletor has such a look

I think those figures were worth Super7 carrying the line all on their own

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, I do wish I'd bought the case before bbts sold out. I should have started selling off my TFs sooner, I'd have been able to finish this before some shot to the sky in price.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Burkion posted:

Movie Skeletor has such a look

Agreed, love that costume

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The movie might not be amazing or anything but that figure is aces.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm really looking forward to the updated Origins He-Man figure with the full power sword and vintage head; I've been using the vintage head that came with Battle Armor He-Man on my regular He-Man (as well as the feet with extra paint deco) but I'd rather display both figures with the vintage heads, so both that and the new sword are big selling points. It looks like he got updated as of wave 5; the new design is shown on the card back as well, and I hear he ships with the wave 5 mini-comic now.

All this is to say, I find it very odd that BBTS has not listed He-Man 2.0 for purchase as a separate figure. I wonder if Mattel just considers it a running change and kept the same SKU or whatever so that retailers have a hard time figuring out which version they're selling. I'm guessing I will just have to hunt that guy down in a store.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm really looking forward to the updated Origins He-Man figure with the full power sword and vintage head; I've been using the vintage head that came with Battle Armor He-Man on my regular He-Man (as well as the feet with extra paint deco) but I'd rather display both figures with the vintage heads, so both that and the new sword are big selling points. It looks like he got updated as of wave 5; the new design is shown on the card back as well, and I hear he ships with the wave 5 mini-comic now.

All this is to say, I find it very odd that BBTS has not listed He-Man 2.0 for purchase as a separate figure. I wonder if Mattel just considers it a running change and kept the same SKU or whatever so that retailers have a hard time figuring out which version they're selling. I'm guessing I will just have to hunt that guy down in a store.

I supposedly have both the updated He-Man and Skeletor on order from Amz. I guess I will see when they arrive, the reivews seem 50/50 with people getting the new vs the old.

If anyone's stores out there have figures other than He-Man and Skeletor, I am looking for Man-E-Faces, Trap Jaw, Roboto, Zodak, Ninjor, Triklops, She-Ra and the OG Mer-Man. All the others I have on order from one place or another.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Had no idea they made the Adora horde captain from the comic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This thing is gonna be so expensive but I want it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have no idea what the gently caress that is but I love it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rhyno posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress that is but I love it.

Ultramarines Primaris Captain in Gravis Armor. The basic Bandai Primaris Space Marines were a hundred dollars, and this thing is bigger and fancier and has diecast parts, so it's gonna be more than that.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It's a super space fascist.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpikeMcclane posted:

It's a super space fascist.

Yeah its great

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gripweed posted:

Ultramarines Primaris Captain in Gravis Armor. The basic Bandai Primaris Space Marines were a hundred dollars, and this thing is bigger and fancier and has diecast parts, so it's gonna be more than that.

I'm really glad the McFarlane WarHams figures turned out to have excellent sculpts because it's kept me from blowing hundreds of dollars on the Bandai ones.

Also, please make a Warhammer MG/RG Gunpla kit. Do it, you cowards!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Gripweed posted:

This thing is gonna be so expensive but I want it

Yes, but will they make it a limited edition piece, accidentally double-ship figures to a bunch of customers, then spend months begging them to return the extra figures so they can satisfy the whole set of pre-orders?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Space Fascism is cool, it's regular fascism that's bad.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

funtax posted:

Yes, but will they make it a limited edition piece, accidentally double-ship figures to a bunch of customers, then spend months begging them to return the extra figures so they can satisfy the whole set of pre-orders?

I mean they've released 3 other figures since that flub without any issues, so... Yes?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

There are finally some new images of Mondo's She-Ra going around. Looking good so far!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That does look like a great start.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Awesome, the Skeletor that Amzaon sent me is the one with the improved head. Hopefully the He-Man is as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lol, ok, didn’t see that coming. Up for pre-order now on Pulse.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

October 2022 goddamn

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do kids still play with nerf guns?

That feels like a strange question but I'm genuinely curious

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kids love shooting each other.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

There's a NERF gun facebook group where people show off their arsenals collections. It is entirely adults in the group.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Burkion posted:

My wifes aunts kid loves em and has a whole arsenal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My nephews both have quite a few too. A few years ago when Hasbro was at Fanexpo Canada with their own booth (they do it all through TRU the last two years, which still exists up here) that's what one of them wanted to spend all his money on.

Rhyno posted:

There's a NERF gun facebook group where people show off their arsenals collections. It is entirely adults in the group.

Yeah but kids don't use Facebook.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In my first venture in Classics customs, I just picked up a Mo-Larr for cheap and with this Barbaross kit (only some parts are needed) I'll be able to display both versions of Fisto.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ordered the pulse rifle

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

Ordered the pulse rifle
:shepspends: Ditto

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Found the MOTU origins Wind Raider vehicle at Walmart this morning.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

That is a very cool nerf gun that I am glad that Hasbro gave specific instructions not to shoot your friends or yourself in the face with

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I backed the Haslab Galactus, don't have much interest in Galactus in general but it's clear the figure's going to be worth an insane amount one day. Really hoping Silver Surfer gets unlocked since I could never find that figure in stores and got super pissed about not buying him separately.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Found the MOTU origins Wind Raider vehicle at Walmart this morning.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Never ordered it online, because vehicles have been pretty easy to pick up at retail stores. Good to know it's starting to show up.

The Wind Raider was my favorite MOTU vehicle growing up. I had a garage sale one missing parts, like much of my early MOTU collection. At one point in the mid 90's my dad bought two still-boxed Wind Raiders at a flea market. I immediately opened one to play with, which pissed him off. He stored the other one rather badly and the box is kind of beat up, but I still have it boxed. At this point, that's probably worth a fortune even as-is, so basically my dad was right... especially since both the wings cracked on the one I opened, and it's no longer mint.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

:homebrew:

Seriously need to unsubscribe from this thread before I go broke.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

The Bloodborne Lady Maria Figma is finally up for preorder. Aug 2022, oof.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-130666

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 18, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Woop! The newest colorway of kaiju Akron by Cojika Toy (IG Hiramoto_Kaiju) is here! He holds the little bathysphere with a magnet gimick!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The_Doctor posted:

Update: I pre-ordered one. I've literally never bought a Nerf gun before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Woop! The newest colorway of kaiju Akron by Cojika Toy (IG Hiramoto_Kaiju) is here! He holds the little bathysphere with a magnet gimick!

How the gently caress are these not knocked all over the floor by Lulu and Rokit?