Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

The GTS and pretty much every other move that’s been derived from it looks like absolute poo poo 90% of the time, regardless of who is doing it. Nobody should do any of them.

Sammy Guevara's Go To Hell is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Darby as an initial feud helps Punk because Darby’s size makes it more likely that first GTS will look good

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

sticklefifer posted:

Sammy Guevara's Go To Hell is pretty cool.

I prefer Matt Demorest's version, the guy who invented it.

Not trying to contradict you here or anything, because yes, Sammy Guevara's is cool too and it's a cool GTS variation, just wanted to give credit to that backyard wrestler who invented moves more successful wrestlers use now

E: I'd go as far as saying that the GTH is the superior version of the GTS. Plain GTS is kinda eh, to me.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 16, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sammy credited him when he got in that slap fight with a WWE guy who’s name I can’t remember.

It works better because he keeps hold of the dude’s head and brings his knee up to meet it, rather than just dropping him and waving his thigh in the general direction of the opponent’s face on the way down.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Sammy credited him when he got in that slap fight with a WWE guy who’s name I can’t remember.

It works better because he keeps hold of the dude’s head and brings his knee up to meet it, rather than just dropping him and waving his thigh in the general direction of the opponent’s face on the way down.

T-Bar/Dijak/Dijakovic does it and calls it “feast your eyes”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dacap posted:

Darby as an initial feud helps Punk because Darby’s size makes it more likely that first GTS will look good

Darby is gonna bump his rear end off for Punk, it's gonna rule

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think Sammy's GTH works really well but I've never really been impressed with the GTS

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It's obviously not a GTS variant really, but bloody hell I love Casualty of War. It's a cool looking move and it looks like absolute murder - far, far more so than an F10

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GTH is definitely better because the flip and momentum already make it look like more is happening, and the receiver is going to hit the mat more spectacularly.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

the gts looked legitimately like death when Kenta would do it back in the 2000s

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

Darby's also great at ragdoll selling, which is exactly how you want to sell a GTS. The ones where the guy just crumples forward to the mat in a heap afterward are the best looking ones. Taking a back bump, not so much.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
unless you fold back on your legs, which also looks cool

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

big fan of Eita's pumphandle tilt-a-whirl variation on the GTS he's started using

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NienNunb posted:

the gts looked legitimately like death when Kenta would do it back in the 2000s

That is because KENTA legit just kneed them in the loving face

Also weirdly it wasnt even fis finisher it was the set up for his finisher, the Busaiku Knee Kick

Like how John Cena always did that modified blue thunder driver/rock bottom thing before the five knuckle shuffle

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smarxist posted:

I think Sammy's GTH works really well but I've never really been impressed with the GTS

I am legally mandated to tell you to watch more prime KENTA

https://streamable.com/svy17

A lot of the Go To Sleep comes down to the guy taking it. The best ones are where the guy taking it just goes over like a sack of potatoes, unsurprisingly Tomohiro Ishii probably had the best New Japan GTS sell.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1426874165005414406

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

L-O-V-E

Love puroresu

I want nothing more right now than Strong Miu getting the giant swing on Chrissy B

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fuego was streaming last night and said that after the contract bit kenny pulled him aside in the back and big upped him :3:

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/realkurtangle/status/1427285518698565639?s=21

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've never heard of Viral Pro Wrestling (maybe an unfortunate name these days) but I saw this and was kind of surprised at how nice this belt looks considering how many indies have crummy belts:

https://twitter.com/DLockPro/status/1427291316820619268

It's a bit cheesy with the biohazard symbol and stuff but overall pretty solid.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/realmmarshall1/status/1427312382385209346

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/fenderdean13/status/1427241292090773507?s=20

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
If Flair can go to Mexico, I'd love to see him accompany Andrade to NJPW as well. Just to see how the crowd reacts when he woos. Would the crowd woo back?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can you imagine the stories Ric has about wrestling all over the world? If I were a wrestler I'd love to just talk to him to compare then and now and pick his brain.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

If I was Tony Khan I would not be hiring Rick knowing the Dark Side of the Ring ep about the Plane Ride From Hell is coming soon. From people who’ve seen what’s in it it is apparently very damning towards Flair. Jericho narrates them so I’m sure Tony knows what the content will be.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I would not be hiring Ric because then they’ll both expect you to hire Charlotte and she loving sucks.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I would not be hiring Ric because then they’ll both expect you to hire Charlotte and she loving sucks.

I do not think Charlotte will ever leave WWE but to her credit she’s very smart to do things like the backstage at AAA stuff to sow doubt and raise her fee.

It’s a low bar but she’s at least more savvy than Braun Strowman preemptively saying he’ll never look at other companies then getting fired.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dacap posted:

If I was Tony Khan I would not be hiring Rick knowing the Dark Side of the Ring ep about the Plane Ride From Hell is coming soon. From people who’ve seen what’s in it it is apparently very damning towards Flair. Jericho narrates them so I’m sure Tony knows what the content will be.

YUP. sure, he’s older now etc but that doesn’t erase what a horrific and unrepentant abuser/assaulter he was while escalating all the time because he never faced repercussions.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Basically there’s nothing Flair could add to AEW that would be worth the bad press of hiring him immediately before the details of that become public.

Especially now that they already have Chavo acting as Andrade’s mouthpiece

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Woo Tangy
Woo Spicy

Woo Crispy

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I can't imagine Flair being a full time guy but I absolutely expect him to show up at least once because Tony is a loving dork who isn't going to pass up the opportunity to reunite as many of the horsemen as he can on TV

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lethrom posted:

I can't imagine Flair being a full time guy but I absolutely expect him to show up at least once because Tony is a loving dork who isn't going to pass up the opportunity to reunite as many of the horsemen as he can on TV

Honestly, the only question is does he book Barry or Ole to get the whole set on TV?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1427379356205260814
The gently caress?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol, randomly DMing someone and then immediately blocking them so they can't respond is such a bitch move

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol what loving cowards

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's some weak rear end scooping

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
scooped their own grave for fuego to bury them

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

fuego del scoops

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That's just good journalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008