Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Speaking of Voyager I am almost done with season two and jesus christ this has been tough to get through.

Threshold.

edit: oh this isn't the chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hamhandler posted:

If he's got outside leverage on the ball-carrier and he's got that outside arm free, he's doing his job as a force defender. He's responsible for filling the gap outside of the OT, however it goes. He was already in that position before he dives.

Most DB vs. OL interactions don't end up like a Looney Tunes bit with the DB on the sidelines looking out the earhole on his helmet asking which way to Albuquerque or whatever, or for that matter even end up with the DB on the ground. Considering the play in question doesn't even seem to involve the DB making contact with the RB, but rather the RB getting tripped up trying to evade a pile of bodies- I don't think even if the DB gets owned it's going to be a problem, the pile of bodies is going to slow it down for the pursuit either way.
I don't think it's going to work out how you're envisioning it and I would abuse the hell out of this rule if I were a coach.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

Speaking of Voyager I am almost done with season two and jesus christ this has been tough to get through.

Threshold.

edit: oh this isn't the chat thread.

Ross gtfo of here with that poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

no, gently caress you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ross what captain is most like norv turner

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

Ross what captain is most like norv turner

Janeway because she always makes the wrong loving call

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
never count out 'touchdown' tim tebow

signed, chuds

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

both are also criticized more harshly than others in their position for an obvious reason. norv's reason is that he is the only head coach with over 100 wins to have a losing record, and janeway's reason is that she said fear's only purpose is to be conquered. false. fear's purpose is to increase the chance of survival, humanity's greatest purpose.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/1427089355156475909

This is going to be so much fun when he makes the team.

e: Barnwell says those were the only two plays he was asked to run block. So we can watch him improve, theoretically. Like if he falls down in the right place he's doing better.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 16, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Good lord that's Curtis Weaver who didn't even play his rookie season. Beat like a d3 freshman by effectively a 5th round rookie coming off an acl.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You all laugh, but Tebow's going to spring the key block for Etienne's 85 yard overtime touchdown run in the wild card.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Tim Tebow is an allegory for American exceptionalism.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
We built a statue of Janeway here in Bloomington because it is her fictional birthplace. Yet another win for IU football. :smug:

Edit:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

half cocaine posted:

Tim Tebow is an allegory for American exceptionalism.

So what team is the Taliban, patiently waiting for him to inevitably screw up & casually walk in victorious?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

So what team is the Taliban, patiently waiting for him to inevitably screw up & casually walk in victorious?

Ole Miss was the team that made him do the famous crying speech, so them. Which...makes way too much sense and now I'm kinda spooked.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Jivesauce posted:

We built a statue of Janeway here in Bloomington because it is her fictional birthplace. Yet another win for IU football. :smug:

Edit:

america has now gotten to the point where we're tearing down our monuments to war criminals, murderers, and traitors, in order to build monuments to our future war criminals, murderers, and traitors

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

The other Florida team. duh

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

a neat cape posted:

the legit problem with Voyager is that Janeway is hypercompetent at EVERYTHING.

She's better at every other crew member at doing their job.

If the entire ship had been crewed by Janeways they'd have gotten home in a month.

Picard at least was a crochety old man who delegated cause he knew he wasn't great at things.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much stupid poo poo would we have heard from athletes if Twitter existed 40 years ago?

ken stabler would have been a drunktweeting legend

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much stupid poo poo would we have heard from athletes if Twitter existed 40 years ago?

I care less about that and more about shut like the number of videos of some random person going out to a club and catching the entire Cowboys team doing lines of blow Early Sunday morning before a game

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dexo posted:

I care less about that and more about shut like the number of videos of some random person going out to a club and catching the entire Cowboys team doing lines of blow Early Sunday morning before a game

The team they’re playing against would be on the other side of the club with coke and hookers.

Not sure if this evens the situation out or makes it worse.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dexo posted:

Lawrence Taylor showing up late to a game because the people ahead of him on the golf course went slow and he needed to finish the round (And probably also blow).

Think of all the stuff you’d get from old school crazy guys like Lyle Alzado or Charles Haley :allears:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Janeway is good when the terrible script of the week doesn’t require her to be all “well I’m sure the crew won’t mind another three months in the quad to see this binary star system out of our way :)”. That poo poo is maddening. Like there are people who would probably like to get to see their wives and husbands and parents before they die! Maybe stop loving around!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hell yeah Riverboat Ron

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1427246009390751748

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

But enough about NFL team doctors :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1427262656201756677

Lying >>>

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

When it comes to this regime you usually believe the opposite of what they're saying about the offense, so it's an open competition and Fields is winning it.

My original stance was the Bears should not let Fields die week 1 against Donald. Now, I think he's the only person on the roster who can generate an offense with that front 5.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Just wait till you learn about one Captain Archer.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Football Outsiders has their Preseason Week 1 walkthrough up

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2021/tua-fields-and-lance-check-all-boxes

Excerpts below:

Fields

quote:

Fields looked lost when he first took the field. It didn't help that teammates kept jumping offsides and one snap rolled up to his ankles. He was much sharper in the third quarter, when both teams were digging deep into their benches, creating opportunities for Fields to operate in space and show off his ability to sling the ball on the run.

If you feel compelled to form an opinion on Fields' readiness as a starter right now, it's best to take the mean of Fields' first- and second-half performances. I'm guessing that few people will.

Mac Jones

quote:

GENERAL AUDIENCE EDITION: He looked OK.

Lance

quote:

Lance demonstrated obvious athleticism and a few soft skills, such as the touch on the Woerner pass and a willingness to find secondary targets. He was also increasingly jittery as the game progressed. But since the game was not nationally televised and the Sherfield bomb got about a zillion retweets just before East Coast fans logged off for the night, it's easy to believe Lance had some sort of transcendent debut, not just a solid one.

I'm about 70% ready to anoint Lance the 49ers' opening day starter. Those who claim to be 100% ready are either riding a popular narrative, made their minds up on draft night, or are basing their opinions on GIFs

Hurts

quote:

Hurts finished 3-of-7 for 54 yards, but with drops by Zach Ertz and Jalen Raegor. The Eagles offense is in 2019-2020 form, in other words. Hurts probably won't be the Eagles' biggest problem this year. There's no evidence yet that he's their long-term solution, either.

Lawrence

quote:

My expectations for Lawrence hover in the "survive a year of Meyer dippiness and maybe develop a little" range. He looks capable of meeting them.

Love

quote:

Love looked sharp and decisive, getting rid of the ball quickly on mostly prescribed throws and benefitting from a screen-and-go touchdown to someone named Kylin Hill before getting strip-sacked on a two-minute drill.

Wilson

quote:

Graded on a Jets curve, Wilson's debut was a triumph: he didn't bounce a fumble off a teammate's jockstrap or accidentally detonate a nuclear warhead. Also, he missed the very start of camp and suffered a minor hand injury early in the week, so just seeing him out there distributing short, mostly prescribed passes was encouraging.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm now rooting for WFT to win the NFCE.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Tebow's a long con where he'll get blown off the line every preseason play until some poor chopping block level DE/OLB is opposite him, runs straight by Tebow looking to make a big play for his NFL contract chances and then they bubble screen right over his head and that poor guy's hopes and dreams are done for

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I'm now rooting for WFT to win the NFCE.
I wish his attitude wasn’t newsworthy but here we are.

Watch him get fined lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1427279937099243520

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shameful that Lamar can't stop throwing footballs through all his receiver's dicks.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Starting to think that Kawalimus may be right

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1427292705516818437?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

His experience should give ESPN a leg up over the competition.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alex is a smart guy (gigabytes), I hope he's good at it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

His experience should give ESPN a leg up over the competition.

BOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

Starting to think that Kawalimus may be right

Believing that Kowalimus is wrong about birds* should be grounds to have someone apply for power of attorney over you.

*Bird teams count.