Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

The mention of Swamp of No Hope made me think of Soblohg. Wiki says they nerfed him and replaced him with a cycle? Used to kill that guy for hours and you would occasionally get the rare really valuable gems from a level ~25 npc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

drat Mistmoore is so good cash - an hours worth of fine steel weapons and a garg eye netted me about 50p. Wish I'd been camping here back in the day.

Dizz posted:

would answer why i somehow went from 6 to 7 so fast off random blue froglok fishermen.

You still have the penalty - racials didn't get removed in the classic era (if ever not sure about that).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 11, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
You can probably make 50p an hour or more off killing the bandits in lfay and selling the bronze weapons, although its camped pretty often as a result.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
went from like 65 pp to 24pp buying my level 14 spells.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress all of the kunark area.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m stuck in the hole again

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dizz posted:

went from like 65 pp to 24pp buying my level 14 spells.

I have about 20p to my name so my 16 spells are going to bankrupt me lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I have about 20p to my name so my 16 spells are going to bankrupt me lol

yeah i stocked up my 14 spells so im gonna have to start killing green mobs for weapons and staffs.

selling bone chips was a wash nobody wants them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
If you guys post your names I could toss you some plat, although I don't have nearly as much on green as blue

I can teleport though so I can get to you pretty fast

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dizz posted:

yeah i stocked up my 14 spells so im gonna have to start killing green mobs for weapons and staffs.

selling bone chips was a wash nobody wants them.

https://discord.gg/s7SCpDwK

This is the p99 tunnelquest discord. It logs sell/buy messages in EC. Real help if you wanna sell stuff, people use it a lot for that.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

https://discord.gg/s7SCpDwK

This is the p99 tunnelquest discord. It logs sell/buy messages in EC. Real help if you wanna sell stuff, people use it a lot for that.

whats the diff between the tunnel streams and the classic tunnel streams?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

If you guys post your names I could toss you some plat, although I don't have nearly as much on green as blue

I can teleport though so I can get to you pretty fast

If you got plat you dont need on blue I feel like im the only goon on there

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
All of my plat goes towards a neverending tradeskill pit since starting the Coldain Shawl quests. Jewelcrafting left to go. gently caress.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lakedaimon posted:

If you got plat you dont need on blue I feel like im the only goon on there

You're higher level than me so it probably wouldn't mean much. Just enough to help out newbies that are struggling to pay for spells.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

oh forgot to mention that im on Green and my character is Krinjj the troll shaman. i mostly chill in EC tunnels and am a huge coward.

E: ALSO gently caress KUNARK

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 14, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm Akrar, iksar monk

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dizz posted:

whats the diff between the tunnel streams and the classic tunnel streams?

just layout

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

If anyone is on blue and you need simple stuff like spell money, basic gear, or help killing something let me know

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I've run into some insanely nice people as I've been playing on green (got to 31 last night). Was grouping with a wiz for a few days and randomly he goes we gotta get you a Ghoulbane and logs into his high level necro main and goes and camps it for me. Never mentioned Ghoulbane or asked he just went and grabbed it for me and man did I forget how much I missed having one. Gonna be a bummer when I level out of Unrest.

On the opposite luck side the dwarf hadn't dropped boots all weekend until the spawn right after I left the group last night lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I spent 40 hours camping raster of guk

then 30 hours camping targin the rock

every time a new monk asks for help to kill brother Z for the cloak, I tell them to gently caress off

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

every time a new monk asks for help to kill brother Z for the cloak, I tell them to gently caress off

:sickos:

I remember people complaining that it was taking forever to get Brother Z to spawn and I was like, k, gently caress you.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol it was probably 20 hours combined for the dwarf but it certainly wasn't all in one go. Did end up with four rings out of it but alas you only get to wear two.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

spent like an entire day in Kurn's and went from 13 to 19. mostly a relaxing endeavor except for that one iksar warrior who was borderline psychopathic in wanting to be under 30% hp and refusing heals and buffs.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Heals I get. Buffs is stupid. Higher max HP makes it easier to zerk safely, and dex helps with crit/crip rate (allegedly). Zerking warriors are doing monk+/rogue tier DPS, so it is a good thing to do if you can pull it off without being an atrocious groupmate. But a lot of idiots will waste more time trying to set up their AMAZING DPS than they'll end up saving you by killing things slightly faster.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i believe the dude was twinked out of his eyeballs, but it was still dumb to not accept a boost in strength, dex, HP, and AC especially when pulling multiple skellies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dizz posted:

spent like an entire day in Kurn's and went from 13 to 19.

Interesting...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Interesting...

no thanks to you, mister hoity toity ghoulbane fucker

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

drat I’ve been in Kurns too but all the people I grouped with have way more time than me and are leveling like 3-4 levels a day

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dizz posted:

i believe the dude was twinked out of his eyeballs, but it was still dumb to not accept a boost in strength, dex, HP, and AC especially when pulling multiple skellies.

yeah I don't care how many millions of plat he put on his warrior, he's not competing with a lv18 sow'd monk with 1k hp and 32 thorns lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Got my swimming up to 160 and it didn't seem all that much faster what a ripoff

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

blond haired twink expects to glide in the water while wearing heavy gear and a shield.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

I’m stuck in the hole again

I started playing the EQ again too. Tell me about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's funny how all the other paladins in Unrest have a Baton of Faith.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I started a rogue on Blue. Goal is to get to level 7 and grab a Sebilis key. Gonna see what kind of non-bannable items I can pickpocket in dangerous zones.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

my goal today is to hit level 22 and maybe find enough safe mobs in south karana because it's a giant empty mess and i need to constantly avoid any roaming bird man that doesn't con blue.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Dizz posted:

my goal today is to hit level 22 and maybe find enough safe mobs in south karana because it's a giant empty mess and i need to constantly avoid any roaming bird man that doesn't con blue.

Go over to Lake Rathetar and kill gnolls by the zone border! They turn into undead at night!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

48 Hour Boner posted:

Go over to Lake Rathetar and kill gnolls by the zone border! They turn into undead at night!

yeah there was an enchanter there killing mobs and he was gracious enough to give it to me minutes before daytime came.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Someone help me get my SoulFire - I'm nearly done with Unrest and my fun will diminish greatly without massive damage procs but a big sword with a fire effect on it will sate me. Thank you.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 19, 2021

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Someone help me get my SoulFire - I'm nearly done with Unrest and my fun will diminish greatly without massive damage procs but a big sword with a fire effect on it will sate me. Thank you.

Blue or green server? Choose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Blue or green server? Choose wisely.

It's green