Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

mdemone posted:

That's hardly even a joke! It's perfectly believable and I guarantee more than one tablet was used for exactly that purpose.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It can't possibly be more unbelievable than the very real graffiti in Rome/other places where people were writing literally the same things then that people write on bathroom walls today.
There's a reason the historical vulgar stuff is on the walls. Writing materials were mind bogglingly expensive until recently.

Breakup letters in cuneiform probably existed but maybe not in preserved long lasting tablet form which was an expensive medium reserved for government, accounting and business contracts, and scholarly pursuits. IIRC vulgar writing (or drafting something you don't want to screw up in your expensive tablet) is expected to have been done in firm dirt ground or in uncured clay that could be rewet and reformed so not something we'd expect to find preserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

zedprime posted:

There's a reason the historical vulgar stuff is on the walls. Writing materials were mind bogglingly expensive until recently.

Breakup letters in cuneiform probably existed but maybe not in preserved long lasting tablet form which was an expensive medium reserved for government, accounting and business contracts, and scholarly pursuits. IIRC vulgar writing (or drafting something you don't want to screw up in your expensive tablet) is expected to have been done in firm dirt ground or in uncured clay that could be rewet and reformed so not something we'd expect to find preserved.

The Romans used wax tablets for temporary writing.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Platystemon posted:

The Romans used wax tablets for temporary writing.

I think that's even older : IIRC they found the case for a wax writing tablet on the Uluburun shipwreck from the 13th century BC.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I mean, with the overlap between fascists and furries....checks out.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I mean, with the overlap between fascists and furries....checks out.

There's an overlap, but it's a small one that's well known specifically because it's so goddamn weird.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Asses to asses, butts to butts

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

I was at Peppa Pig World last week (I have a small child I'm not a pervert or w/e)

I think everyone would've assumed that, had you not mentioned it so the fact that you specifically mention "not a pervert" honestly raises some questions that you might've hoped to have already answered.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

bike tory posted:

I think everyone would've assumed that, had you not mentioned it so the fact that you specifically mention "not a pervert" honestly raises some questions that you might've hoped to have already answered.

Look they're not a pervert ok? Just because you think they are a pervert and I think they are a pervert doesn't mean they are a pervert and they already said they aren't a pervert ok?!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mJr1gcHMA

("Wean" means child, for you non-Scots)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Understanding what a wean is is the least of our problems listening to that

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bike tory posted:

My "not a pervert or w/e shirt" is getting me a lot of questions from the Peppa Pig Land security guards that are already answered by my shirt

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I understood it fine :shrug:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Amphigory posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mJr1gcHMA

("Wean" means child, for you non-Scots)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VaPQflLq0

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://youtu.be/PLMrHRuhxO4

(Not really, the other link was not hard to understand)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

If you haven't witnessed this exact scene at least once did you even grow up in Glasgow?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Amphigory posted:

If you haven't witnessed this exact scene at least once did you even grow up in Glasgow?

I didnae.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Posh bit then aye? ;)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Feckin bunch o' hoors all of yeh!

https://i.imgur.com/VOcEPmb.mp4

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

bike tory posted:

my deepest nightmare is that my kid is abducted at the playground. if my kid isnt around everyone there will think im a pervert!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*posts on the Something Awful forums*

I'm not a pervert!

Well, not that kind of pervert, at any rate

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's ok. Just tell them you're Italian.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The sort of weirdos Limmy plays is the same exact schtick he does for hours at a time when he streams on Twitch.

"Okay, i' the nex card I draw is an 8, then we are 100% living ina simulation. Then... oh, thanks luv for the 100 bitties. Give it up for her! Okay, I'll draw the card and... oh, Mike37 says what if you draw a 7. A 7?! FECK YOU MIKE, FECK YOUR ARSE! WHY ARE YOU ALIVE MIKE, WHY ARE YOU ALIohh and 10 more bitties from Angel27, thanks luv."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The sort of weirdos Limmy plays is the same exact schtick he does for hours at a time when he streams on Twitch.

"Okay, i' the nex card I draw is an 8, then we are 100% living ina simulation. Then... oh, thanks luv for the 100 bitties. Give it up for her! Okay, I'll draw the card and... oh, Mike37 says what if you draw a 7. A 7?! FECK YOU MIKE, FECK YOUR ARSE! WHY ARE YOU ALIVE MIKE, WHY ARE YOU ALIohh and 10 more bitties from Angel27, thanks luv."

Is that not the priest from Always Sunny?

Huh.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The secret to enjoying twitch streamers is to only watch 30 second highlights on youtube.

Although, I've watched Limmy review an episode of an old British game show for three hours on youtube and it still was fun.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It can't possibly be more unbelievable than the very real graffiti in Rome/other places where people were writing literally the same things then that people write on bathroom walls today.

heck, even the ancient egyptians knew your mom's phone number

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

She wasn't ready, it was just her maiden voyage! :cry:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

My search history is so weird right now

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ewiley posted:

That's not actually meant to be an instruction manual

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ewiley posted:

Yeah who the gently caress googles burger king foot lettuce. That's the weirdest one

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah who the gently caress googles burger king foot lettuce. That's the weirdest one

You're saying this on the forums filled with people who have a history of googling 'hulk hogan meat shoes'

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Inceltown posted:

You're saying this on the forums filled with people who have a history of googling 'hulk hogan meat shoes'

what kinda fuckin noob wasnt here for hulk hogan meat shoes, that was like 2 years ago

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Inceltown posted:

K fine. It just seemed the weirdest of all of em

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Burger king foot lettuce isnt about the content of how they say this picture of an employee with his feet in the lettuce is wierd or whatever, Its about they way the guy who narrates the video sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpWbXltP43o

Hes like an Ai talk program with a stuffed up nose.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/raffysoanti/status/1426755473580175362

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Indecisive posted:

what kinda fuckin noob wasnt here for hulk hogan meat shoes, that was like 2 years ago

my goon I have some incredibly bad news about the passage of time