Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The lesson is, never try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Drone_Fragger posted:

That’s the wrong flag, the taliban literally took over the government like an hour ago and their flag is different. Good job on the USA, U.K. and other allied countries involved in the “war in Afghanistan” to have twenty years of gains undone in literally 5 weeks.

Why would the Taliban be complaining about the US leaving? It's the former Afghans that were promised help building their nation that got short shrift with the US bailing in the middle of the night.

Don't worry, the CIA will supply the Taliban with gear to perpetuate a low level conflict between them & the Chinese.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oh no not Utica, it's a buffalo expression

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1427125339168329730?t=mYq9bhPuY5rKcfJhNRre0g&s=19

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Drone_Fragger posted:

That’s the wrong flag, the taliban literally took over the government like an hour ago and their flag is different. Good job on the USA, U.K. and other allied countries involved in the “war in Afghanistan” to have twenty years of gains undone in literally 5 weeks.
No the meme is right because it's the flag of the puppet government that we propped up. Using the Taliban flag would be like putting Kirk's replacement in the meme. Whoever that was. I assume it was one of the barflies and there was an episode about that exact situation in 2015.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

As a west-coaster with Wisconsin friends who listens to podcasts that includes Buffalo folks, am I nuts for not being able to tell the difference between upstate New York and Wisconsin?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lifespan posted:

As a west-coaster with Wisconsin friends who listens to podcasts that includes Buffalo folks, am I nuts for not being able to tell the difference between upstate New York and Wisconsin?

They’re similar enough that I’d say it’s not weird at all, unless you’ve grown up around one of them they sound very alike :hmmyes:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

veealyu pyackt myatreeses

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Looking for a non meme simpsons clip where someone has to go to a hospital and they're choosing between jewish, catholic, protestant, etc

Homer's Triple Bypass where he's going to different religious organisations to ask for the money for the operation?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Lifespan posted:

It's called the Northern Cities Vowel Shift. We all sound pretty similar in it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Rarity posted:

It hasn't but now you've broken the seal and I want in

:actually: Isn't the US/Canada border still closed? How could they even be making that trip to Cape Canaveral in the first place?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

duz posted:

Funny how the border works in this case. People in southern Ontario have been watching commercials for stuff in western New York for ages and it's clear as day how different they sound even though they're so close. We have a friend who moved to Rochester and when she visits we can hear her slowly becoming a person from Raaa-chester.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
this thread has been a blessed sanctuary from delta variant memes please don't sully it

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

duz posted:

Cause shipping on the Lakes and rivers.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

LadyPictureShow posted:

:actually: Isn't the US/Canada border still closed? How could they even be making that trip to Cape Canaveral in the first place?

Americans can visit their client state but ice Americans still can't freely cross into the US.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

duz posted:

I moved from MN to Syracuse, where my wife is from. There are differences such as the following groups of words that sound exactly the same here:

Pal/pail
Hal/hail
Gal/Gayle
Ale/Al

Also a lot fewer "ope," "awferjeez," "dontcha know," and "oh yah" here as well. And I checked so no, it is not more of a Utica thing

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

mactheknife posted:

this thread has been a blessed sanctuary from delta variant memes please don't sully it

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Cocaine Bear posted:

Americans can visit their client state but ice Americans still can't freely cross into the US.

The border guards union has threatened strike action to make it unbearable. Shouldn't have opened the border regardless, not while Florida actively is attempting to make the situation worse.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

CzarChasm posted:

ED: Better version

Luxury Tent Carpet fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 16, 2021

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Audible laughter

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

great chuckle

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've been singing "I am evil lowMER, I am evil LOWmer" in my head about a hundred times a day for the last week or so, send help.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Moon Slayer posted:

I've been singing "I am evil lowMER, I am evil LOWmer" in my head about a hundred times a day for the last week or so, send help.

so have I lmao

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

L'OH!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Moon Slayer posted:

:same:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

If anything they do not include enough garlic :colbert:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Code Jockey posted:

so have I lmao

:emptyquote:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Moon Slayer posted:

me too

also every time I see an image of Moe I think of him saying "Hey there Lowmuh" in his Moe-est voice

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:lol:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wholesome memes hit different

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

First thing I saw in that image.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

This one made me laugh mostly because it doesn't attempt to reproduce the long drawn-out "neeeeeeerrrrrrrd" in any way

just

dren

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/seanoconnz/status/1427792895248015363