Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My wife sent a video of the anti-vaxx rally with the caption of "these stupid fuckers are getting people killed," to wrong family chat. Now the chat has blown up because the chud anti-vaxxer side is very angry. Lmao

I'm glad my side chud family believes in vaccines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

just lol that they're going to authorize boosters before they authorize 12 and under

Well yeah, what matters more: a generation that everyone in power knows is doomed anyway, or fuckin' and suckin'?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

All goon wfh team lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

Even I'm just guessing at this point and I knew tons of people in the field and every single one has bailed for better jobs or just differently bad ones. These people crying to the papers and the Chamber of Commerce don't get that they're competing with lovely gig work and lovely boring call center/data input jobs, not federal UI benefits

me, pushing WFH $16/hr lovely boring call center/data input jobs with full benefits in the covid thread: :grin:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

uncertainty posted:

So every open biden is place is touting the "vaccine protects very well against severe cases" thing. I'm trying but actually having a pretty hard time to find out what exactly counts as a "severe case". Is it hospitalizations? Something worse?

Severe is basically ICU bed or ventilator level bad. Anything below that is mild or moderate.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
COVID thread is over!!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

My wife sent a video of the anti-vaxx rally with the caption of "these stupid fuckers are getting people killed," to wrong family chat. Now the chat has blown up because the chud anti-vaxxer side is very angry. Lmao

I'm glad my side chud family believes in vaccines.

she did it on purpose and that's great

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Well yeah, what matters more: a generation that everyone in power knows is doomed anyway, or fuckin' and suckin'?

It'll come out at some point that Biden's administration was told the cost of the expanded Child Tax Credit and started brainstorming ideas to save money

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://twitter.com/christweetsllc/status/1427263756174770179

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

uncertainty posted:

So every open biden is place is touting the "vaccine protects very well against severe cases" thing. I'm trying but actually having a pretty hard time to find out what exactly counts as a "severe case". Is it hospitalizations? Something worse?

Here you go. NIH guidelines:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/overview/clinical-spectrum/ posted:

Severe Illness
Patients with COVID-19 are considered to have severe illness if they have SpO2 <94% on room air at sea level, a respiratory rate >30 breaths/min, PaO2/FiO2 <300 mm Hg, or lung infiltrates >50%. These patients may experience rapid clinical deterioration. Oxygen therapy should be administered immediately using a nasal cannula or a high-flow oxygen device. See Therapeutic Management of Hospitalized Adults With COVID-19 for recommendations regarding SARS-CoV-2-specific therapy. If secondary bacterial pneumonia or sepsis is suspected, administer empiric antibiotics, re-evaluate the patient daily, and de-escalate or stop antibiotics if there is no evidence of bacterial infection.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

me, pushing WFH $16/hr lovely boring call center/data input jobs with full benefits in the covid thread: :grin:

if it ever goes nationwide like you said it might you may wanna get a referral bonus set up beforehand and get it stickied or buy an ad

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

jetz0r posted:

Severe is basically ICU bed or ventilator level bad. Anything below that is mild or moderate.

Yep, long covid induced diabetes isn't considered a severe case

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

neutral milf hotel posted:

COVID thread is over!!

:crnasickos:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Epic High Five posted:

if it ever goes nationwide like you said it might you may wanna get a referral bonus set up beforehand and get it stickied or buy an ad

Only after the thread has secured jobs though, the rest of the forums deserves nothing imo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

are any of those jobs data input jobs? cause that's what my wife's lookin' for, fuckin interacting with customers, she just wants to put stuff into spreadsheets all day

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

if he can't, I will.

Goes for anybody in the thread.

yeah goon, i got you

sent you a dm

All y’all are awesome. When I get on my bigger pc I’ll send it over

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

here's a little lifehack for any phone jockeys looking to improve their customer reviews - if you get an old southern lady on the phone, start talkin about food and cooking

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Pingui posted:

Here you go. NIH guidelines:

Glad to see that losing 1/4 of your lung to covid isn’t severe disease

Can’t wait for my non-severe cheesesteak lungs

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

man it sure sucks that quoting posts from the old thread is disabled because some dumbass gassed it

look forward not backward

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1427377370273665027?s=19

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat big numbers

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

drat, them numbers goin UP

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

it's incredible how many nurses, doctors and medical professionals are actually brainpoisoned death Nazis

didn't know the magnitude of this before covid tbh

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I don't understand how everyone is just resigned to get this deadly pandemic virus. viruses can be really bad! This is one of those! It fucks up your lungs really bad and those are important for a whole ton of things.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If anyone here saw this coming please raise your hand.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just got my 4 year old her second MMR dose. Going to pretend that's good enough to hold her till she can get the covid juice.

Hello new thread, is covid over now?

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Stereotype posted:

I don't understand how everyone is just resigned to get this deadly pandemic virus. viruses can be really bad! This is one of those! It fucks up your lungs really bad and those are important for a whole ton of things.

Woah what?!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

covid

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

The solution will be to make the quarantine requirements more lax

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

i actually accepted a job in recruiting* today and i already have a bunch of former kitchen workers i'm lining up to get JOBS JOBS JOBS

* - my job is independent from me wanting all my goons to keep their lungs clean. you also won't get the Business Gorillas Resume Support if you apply through the website and don't talk to me. please do NOT talk about poofing cheezers in any interview at my company trying to suss me out

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

CaptainViolence posted:

drat, them numbers goin UP

haha drat, that's the biggest "oopsie we're all covid now!" school district report I've seen yet too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stereotype posted:

It's revealing a truth that most healthcare workers have known for some time, and that's that most people have never actually had the flu and only thought they did when it was a minor cold or allergies even

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao Tampa

lmao Florida

*chuckles* im in danger

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Stereotype posted:

Are you sure about this? - it seems wrong. What does the CDC say?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Vishass posted:

Woah what?!

i know i think people haven't heard that before? a lot of them think it's just the flu (a virus they either have never gotten or are misremembering the severity of). someone should tell the CDC or something, i think they would be good at correcting people about this dangerous misunderstanding

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

if he can't, I will.

Goes for anybody in the thread.

wouldn't mind figuring out some sort of mutual aid thing for this, but i have no idea how that's gonna work with all the megaposts at the beginning of each thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i actually accepted a job in recruiting* today and i already have a bunch of former kitchen workers i'm lining up to get JOBS JOBS JOBS

* - my job is independent from me wanting all my goons to keep their lungs clean. you also won't get the Business Gorillas Resume Support if you apply through the website and don't talk to me. please do NOT talk about poofing cheezers in any interview at my company trying to suss me out

those are the best gossip networks you can get an in with in your case I think, if you get one and they're happy with their lot they'll tell everybody and before long you'll be cleaning out whole restaurants

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Stereotype posted:

thankfully we have Defeated It with our Entrepreneurial American Spirit™. Open, Biden

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
man you guys sort of said what i was going to say already. glad we're all on the same page here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

are any of those jobs data input jobs? cause that's what my wife's lookin' for, fuckin interacting with customers, she just wants to put stuff into spreadsheets all day

unfortunately it's all customer-facing. if she's got some CS credentials, lmk because we're hiring for stuff like that too