Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Massive lol that the same people who drove service workers away from jobs are now driving out nurses as they die of covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Yes, I want coronavirus

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stereotype posted:

man you guys sort of said what i was going to say already. glad we're all on the same page here.

lol

lmao

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

uncertainty posted:

So every open biden is place is touting the "vaccine protects very well against severe cases" thing. I'm trying but actually having a pretty hard time to find out what exactly counts as a "severe case". Is it hospitalizations? Something worse?

Hospitalized with supplemental oxygen (intubated), I think. Regardless, it's waaaaaaaay past the threshold of what any normal person would think of as "severe", which is why you get people with "mild" cases who are getting pacemakers.

Edit: Apparently not necessarily tubed. I guess cannulas count. But, yeah, "severe" COVID means you're pretty hosed.

Kreeblah fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 17, 2021

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

covid

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

those are the best gossip networks you can get an in with in your case I think, if you get one and they're happy with their lot they'll tell everybody and before long you'll be cleaning out whole restaurants

i had a knee industry take me out of the industry years ago and we not also provide $600 referral bonuses for employees that hire people, i also lust for the complete death of the service industry

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

if he can't, I will.

Goes for anybody in the thread.

Business Gorillas posted:

yeah goon, i got you

sent you a dm

All y’all are awesome. When I get on my bigger pc I’ll send it over

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
washington state is on fire, hospitalizations for the state just passed their winter surge peak and have zero sign of stopping

case counts are skyrocketing exponentially too

pretty drat strange we have so much more hospitalizations now relative to cases compared to the winter surge!

also king county is still shooting up and about a week away from blowing past its winter surge hospitalizations. this is one of the best vaccincated areas in the country!

mask mandate when Gov. Inslee!???

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
pretty crazy that basically no one understands anything about this pandemic including the most basic terminology even after we've been suffering from it for 18 months! i feel like a good population of people have learned absolutely nothing since april 2020 but also they are arrogant and stubborn and believe that learning anything ever is impossible.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I am glad that my husband can’t go to an in-person and mandatory residency function this week where food will be served because he will instead be working in the hospital.

however he has something later in the week that is mandatory that he is attending

it’s at a restaurant

LOLOL

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

washington state is on fire, hospitalizations for the state just passed their winter surge peak and have zero sign of stopping

pretty drat strange we have so much more hospitalizations now relative to cases compared to the winter surge!

also king county is still shooting up and about a week away from blowing past its winter surge hospitalizations. this is one of the best vaccincated areas in the country!

zero signs of stopping?? clearly those lines go back down at the end, so its already over. no need to do anything

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mod sassinator posted:

loving lol at the dotted line going back down

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
hearty lol remembering that one model very early on that showed the roni dropping to zero cases the next day, every day

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/The_Old_Rascal/status/1426912001322782721

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

all this is happening and not a peep about a lockdown

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Stereotype posted:

I don't understand how everyone is just resigned to get this deadly pandemic virus. viruses can be really bad! This is one of those! It fucks up your lungs really bad and those are important for a whole ton of things.

Look, sometimes you just have to get diabetes and/or permanent brain fog from a preventable illness. Do you realize that if I protected myself and those around me, I couldn’t go to BRUNCH?!?!?! Do you have any idea, any idea at all, how important that is in my culture?

How dare you. How loving dare you.

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

durrneez posted:

I am glad that my husband can’t go to an in-person and mandatory residency function this week where food will be served because he will instead be working in the hospital.

however he has something later in the week that is mandatory that he is attending

it’s at a restaurant

LOLOL

There’s a lot of medical professionals in my family and social circles and they have all crack pinged in 1 of 2 ways, without exception.

1) They are Eric Crackl-Ping posting in this thread while self-medicating
Or
2) They’ve gone full brunch lib because “I’m just going to catch it at work anyway”

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

covid will finish what the tree started, inshallah

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Grabnar posted:

There’s a lot of medical professionals in my family and social circles and they have all crack pinged in 1 of 2 ways, without exception.

1) They are Eric Crackl-Ping posting in this thread while self-medicating
Or
2) They’ve gone full brunch lib because “I’m just going to catch it at work anyway”

liquor, weed and posts

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Der Meister posted:

There will never be another lockdown in the United States.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

i had a knee industry take me out of the industry years ago and we not also provide $600 referral bonuses for employees that hire people, i also lust for the complete death of the service industry

is "knee industry" the trade term for the mob guys who bust kneecaps with baseball bats

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

blue texas

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Look, sometimes you just have to get diabetes and/or permanent brain fog from a preventable illness. Do you realize that if I protected myself and those around me, I couldn’t go to BRUNCH?!?!?! Do you have any idea, any idea at all, how important that is in my culture?

How dare you. How loving dare you.

telling me i need to wear a mask or get a vaccine or can't have huge parties is genocide

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

thank god, a new thread because covid is over

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Ammanas posted:

it’s just kinda crazy!!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

my big beautiful thread was CLOSED :qq:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

from oxygen deprivation

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

i will never recover from this loss

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

This winter's gonna be loving lit.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Der Meister posted:

why would we lock down? covid's over

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ammanas posted:

hawaii will lock down again, they're considering a curfew now but that isn't going to do anything but we have to make absolutely sure that our lovely nonsense half measures without even a working theory are indeed worthless before we can try the thing we already know works.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Covid-19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
casually thinking about my sister in law getting married in texas this weekend, entire family unvaccinated

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kreeblah posted:

This winter's gonna be loving lit.

lol i don't think we're going to make it past labor day without freezer morgue trucks in seattle

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Der Meister posted:

it’s just kinda crazy!!

It's not, it makes perfect sense. human death and suffering is part and parcel of the structure of the American Experience.

The mode depends on your state now. In CA, major metro areas are huge on masks and pretty strong on vaccination. Chud Zones will never be rid of Covid.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Der Meister posted:

Neolib states gave up and are quite openly saying everyone is expected to get covid

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

my big beautiful thread was CLOSED :qq:

apparently it was so big that it killed the forums, which is weird for a thing that is over and also never existed and open biden

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Mayor Dave posted:

casually thinking about my sister in law getting married in texas this weekend, entire family unvaccinated

Do hospitals sell gift cards? You could get them one of those as a wedding gift.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Maintaining the icu vents wouldn't have any effect on the ability of an OR to pull out bullets. The services are completely different. If there was any serious risk of loss of function for his arm he'd be in surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

skewetoo posted:

Neolib states gave up and are quite openly saying everyone is expected to get covid

i'm super not okay with getting covid.