Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

out of bud and broke til payday, gonna be a really lame week

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Sextro posted:

I dunno if I’d trust the cdc either. But taking more risks out of that distrust doesn’t quite pass the sniff test.

I don't specifically disbelieve the CDC on its face, but they have poo poo the bed repeatedly with their messaging so grain of salt and etc; that link specifically is the same "it can happen but we have no numbers whatsoever" their page about pets has been since the pandemic started. However, some of those non-cdc links have some useful numbers:

quote:

Six of 154 cats (3.9%) and 7 of 156 dogs (4.5%) tested positive for COVID-19, while 31 cats (20.1%) and 23 dogs (14.7%) had coronavirus antibodies. All 11 pets that underwent a second round of tests after another 1 to 3 weeks tested positive for antibodies, and 3 cats still were positive for COVID-19. The animals had no or mild symptoms.

Single digit odds of a pet who LIVES with a positive person also getting it, with all cases being no or mild symptoms

quote:

A team led by veterinarian Dorothee Bienzle of the University of Guelph in Ontario investigated potential COVID infection in 198 cats and 54 dogs. All of the dogs and 48 of the cats came from a household in which at least one person had COVID, and the rest of the cats came from an animal shelter or neuter clinic. The team found that two out of three cats and two out of five dogs whose owners had COVID had antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, indicating they had been infected with the virus at some point, too. But in the shelter group, less than one in 10 cats had these antibodies. And in the neuter clinic, the figure was less than one in 38.

Dogs and cats that came from households in which owners had COVID also often developed symptoms of the disease, Bienzle and her team report. Between 20 and 30 percent of the animals experienced loss of energy and appetite, coughing, diarrhea, runny nose and respiratory problems. The complications were mostly mild and short-term, but they were severe in three cases.

Of course, they don't expand AT ALL on "severe in three cases", fuckers.

The third article is speculative - they think there might be dogs and rats in the sewers with it but they haven't been able to follow up. And the sanitary conditions in an NYC sewer are so incomparable to anywhere you're gonna walk a dog in reality, so it's kinda moot here

The impression all that gives me is that, even in close contact like a pet living with an infected person, it still doesn't seem to go human -> dog at nearly the rate it will sweep through a house full of people. Working backwards from there, being in a store for ten minutes is fuckin fine

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ok nvm i still had another container of abv and have since eaten much of it

wowza

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Vibrating the gently caress out with this CBD.

Never tried it before

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

skewetoo posted:

Vibrating the gently caress out with this CBD.

Never tried it before

If you own a hammock or L-shaped couch, now's the time

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

If you own a hammock or L-shaped couch, now's the time

I'm on it :fyadride:

Is there such a thing as too much CBD? I feel like a phone on silent

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can anyone recommend a good torch lighter? I got the triple flame one they sell alongside the Dynavap and it's apparently a leaky piece of poo poo.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i have yet to find a pocket torch that doesn't end up with a barely-adjustable valve, or broken lock-on switch, etc. after a while.

i've had the best luck with these two, the valve is easy to adjust and they seem to have held up well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203058215320

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193601644680

you'll be refilling the aomai a lot, though.

all of the eagle brand torches i've bought have completely poo poo out after a few months.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

tmfc posted:

i have yet to find a pocket torch that doesn't end up with a barely-adjustable valve, or broken lock-on switch, etc. after a while.

i've had the best luck with these two, the valve is easy to adjust and they seem to have held up well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203058215320

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193601644680

you'll be refilling the aomai a lot, though.

all of the eagle brand torches i've bought have completely poo poo out after a few months.

Thanks!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I've been using the same eagle torch for years, they're great for home use ime

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Hi CSPAM weed thread!

someone just turned me on to the Terp Pen and this thing is an evolutionary step up from Yocan style poo poo. I've got an Oura that's still my daily driver for home, but this thing plus a hubble bubble and adapter means I never have to take the oura or a torch rig out of the house again.

here's my last weed harvest

Select-forums-incl-CSPAM members within driving distance of Middlebury, VT are generally welcome to some amount of my weed for free. At least one person has taken me up on this. Quantity is always limited based on my current situation. (TO BE VERY CLEAR I'LL NEVER SELL ANY AMOUNT, THIS IS NOT A HA-HA WINK WINK THING, I BELIEVE MODERN WEED PRICES ARE UNETHICAL AND AM ON A ONE MAN CRUSADE TO TANK PRICES)

here are links to the pen, bubble and adapter I mentioned

https://bndlstech.com/product/terp-pen/

https://ineedhemp.com/product/hubble-bubble-14mm-glass-hydratube/ (DEFINITELY NOT DESIGNED FOR INTERNAL USE I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BUT THIS GLASS IS NOT THICK ENOUGH)

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/the-master-adapter?variant=23564648153169

I give Sneaky Pete A++ for customer service tbqh. Hand signed business card, random handout about common errors people make vaping flower.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The problem with having a lot of abv is that all my stoner friends (and I) can't cook but all my friends that can cook don't smoke. QQ

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

just mix it into peanut butter, like giving medicine to a dog

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

seriously, i've tried so many different ways to cook with abv or make tinctures, capsules, etc. but it still just tastes like abv and the payoff is never worth the effort.

just mix it w/pb like the above poster said or even just swish it in your mouth w/some water and chase w/more water

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I grind it finer through an old pepper mill I cleaned out, and dump it in chocolate drinks. the bitter and sweet work together surprisingly well. I have no idea what the dosing does but like a tbs of the powder in an 8 oz mug of cocoa is really delicious

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 14:49 on Nov 30, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

got an oil cart that has 'botanical terpenes' added back in, and not realizing what that meant, took a hit and i was just accosted with lemon flavor

tbqh it tilts me when they do this because all terpanes (whether from pot, or not) are VOCs which degrade into several obvious known carcinogens under heat

it's one thing when a weed concentrate contains terps because it was made through some extraction process that retained them, of course if you smoke bud you're burning all this anyway. It's quite another thing to take a relatively purer product and add flavoring back in which in a very obvious and indisputable way makes the product more dangerous for end users.

I am generally a contrarian on terps tho and it's gotten me into a lot of flame wars on extracts boards and grower discords.

also anyone talking about the "entourage effect" in regard to terpanes as if it's some indisputable thing that's actually be demonstrated, is into weedbro science and you should kick them in the gnards. It's like the stoned ape theory, it's fun to think about but Much Much More Data Needed. poo poo, there's a ton of actual cannabinoids we barely understand.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Javid posted:

I grind it finer through an old pepper mill I cleaned out, and dump it in chocolate drinks. the bitter and sweet work together surprisingly well. I have no idea what the dosing does but like a tbs of the powder in an 8 oz mug of cocoa is really delicious

this is brilliant i have so much loving abuelita

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
got a time machine and it don't go backwards

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Weed, met pet.

Pet, meet weed.

You are now aquatinted. Pet, please destroy any aphids or botrytis spores you find, thx buddy :lsd:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Weed, met pet.

Pet, meet weed.

You are now aquatinted. Pet, please destroy any aphids or botrytis spores you find, thx buddy :lsd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMKwcSGjaiY

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

good pups get treats and loves from the dispensary staff

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
good morning tinctures are good here's a black capped chickadee i saw

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

purple chem

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Love that first super clean hit from glassware after it's come out of the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner :yum:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

thank you white widow for making things fun again. a++ got more, send more

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ok NOW I'm actually totally out of everything, I just ate the rest of my abv and vaped the rest of my kief

my plug has been fartin' around all week and I'm pissed

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Man, a single-flame torch is so much better for the Dynavap.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

yup

tbh i think dynavap did its customers a disservice including triple flames with them and such, unless you’re using it outdoors in a breeze a single flame is much superior in control

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
my pax 2 is getting old - the battery doesn't hold much of a charge and it's getting pretty dinged up from my high rear end dropping it. what's the current hotness in vapes? I'm looking for something similar in size and ease of use.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

fury edge is extremely popular and well regarded in the broader weed vaping community, tbh for portables it’s been about as good as it gets below s&b prices

there’s an improved newer version called the fury rogue that just has some iterative upgrades, but it had some QC issues last i heard so I’d look into that if you’re curious about the fury vapes; if the rogue is still fucky the edge is still good

for something smaller the POTV One is based on the same design as the fury vapes but is smaller, fucker is absolutely tiny and i really liked mine until i gave it away, they’re like $100 and only downside is small battery, which is just a consequence of the size

otherwise if you’re cool blazing a torch like a tweaker while out and about the dynavaps own and can get you higher than most battery vapes

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Aug 24, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
cool, I'll probably get the potv one

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Cloks posted:

cool, I'll probably get the potv one

imo always check out a couple videos of a vape to see how it functions and whether you’re down with its user experience and performance, and of course never go off just one opinion, but yea if you’re cool with the battery only giving a few bowls i feel comfortable recommending it based on my experience if size is a primary concern

otherwise edge performs similarly with more battery

edit: these fury vapes are primarily convection, if being able to roast your weed until it looks like espresso is something you want look to other conduction vapes

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Aug 24, 2021

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
oh, don't worry, i read a lot of reviews and looked at prolonged user experience haha

the short battery life isn't a concern for me, i like the size and it seems to support a variety of attachments without being built around them

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

hell yea giddy up

as far as attachments go the micro bubblers are dumb, get the wpa and something like a hubble bubble mini hydratube from divine tribe if you want that experience

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I got this phallic glass adapter for my terp pen, but it also fits on my Oura, which I was already prone to calling my "Soozle-micboozle" just because it's a nonsense word for a thing that looks pretty silly. Now it looks even sillier.

I loving love this idiotic looking thing, it hits almost as well as torch hits with 10% the hassle, but at $300 they're insanely, insanely overpriced (I paid $50 and wouldn't feel good about recommending them at much over $100 when a terp pen is thirty bucks). There are dhgate knockoffs but I trust them even less to not have leaded solder or some bullshit glues in them somewhere.

Wheeee posted:

hubble bubble mini hydratube from divine tribe if you want that experience

hell yea. for external use only

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Aug 24, 2021

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Spent an irresponsible amount of money on a gram of cresco oil and holy gently caress I took 2 hits off it and was good to go for the evening.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
don't, I repeat don't, try to smoke creosote. Those fuckers at the train museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Retromancer posted:

Spent an irresponsible amount of money on a gram of cresco oil and holy gently caress I took 2 hits off it and was good to go for the evening.

cresco's quality has gone up substantially in the last year, even their machine trimmed "high supply" brand is usually pretty solid, kiefy weed. their concs are top notch.

but gently caress pricing in IL especially for rec, it's ridiculous