Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/macleans/status/1427372862256652288?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

paperwind posted:

Actually, I know for a fact that any curfew our idiot leaders dare put in place will be enforced against locals only while tourists will be able to still do whatever the gently caress they want. Actually curfewing tourists is killing the golden goose that can never be killed again.

It's always been the case the the needs of tourists have been prioritized above residents here, but a double standard in curfew enforcement would not be taken very well. That's why I don't think it has a chance of ever happening, we will let our entire medical system collapse first.

even if they did a lockdown right now our medical system would collapse so we’re deciding how many deaths after and caused by the collapse we are willing to accept. well, I don’t think anyone realizes that is what we are doing, but it is.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

smdh at the antivaxx taliban

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

our entire nation is apparently an ungovernable mob of deluded self-important lazy idiots.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
npr is fearmongering right now about how many people are about to die but hasn’t once mentioned any NPIs. it’s all about vaccines.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Stereotype posted:

even if they did a lockdown right now our medical system would collapse so we’re deciding how many deaths after and caused by the collapse we are willing to accept. well, I don’t think anyone realizes that is what we are doing, but it is.

You're right. We passed the point of being completely hosed about a month ago. Glad people could make money from tourism again for a few months eh?

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Pingui posted:

Up it a bit and they can save a lot of money on tests though. Just set up a sign at the testing center saying "if you can read this, you have COVID".

lmao

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Stereotype posted:

i think the cold truth is that no one has a plan and millions of people are about to die

Yes. The big question is how much of that can a region tolerate and still keep the lights on and the Amazon delivery vans on time?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

paperwind posted:

You're right. We passed the point of being completely hosed about a month ago. Glad people could make money from tourism again for a few months eh?

Worth it :crnasickos:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

paperwind posted:

it’s funny because pretty much the only tourist places that opened back up are huge national or international chains that ship all their profits out of state so really we threw away everything we worked and suffered to achieve so that some faceless stockholders and oligarchs could have a little bit more money.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Stereotype posted:

it’s funny because pretty much the only tourist places that opened back up are huge national or international chains that ship all their profits out of state so really we threw away everything we worked and suffered to achieve so that some faceless stockholders and oligarchs could have a little bit more money.

story of the USA as a whole

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Stereotype posted:

Them and the local politicians and leaders that they bribed.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

covid thread: the documentary: the trailer, an adam curtis parody tribute
https://vimeo.com/586612480

this is good poo poo

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Stereotype posted:

i think the cold truth is that no one has a plan and millions of people are about to die

I thought the 'plan' was to vaccinate your way out of it lol lmao forever

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
my posts from the old thread from earlier today, just in case it might brighten your day

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Helith posted:

would have been a good plan if it was 100% successful with a 100% prevention rate
similar to how in physics homework you get 'assume a perfectly spherical tree and no gravity exists'

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

npr is fearmongering right now about how many people are about to die but hasn’t once mentioned any NPIs. it’s all about vaccines.

What is an NPI?

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

how many covid threads is this now

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Stereotype posted:

Shock doctrine. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
My sister in law got married about a month ago and we have been ostracized for not coming (my wife had been matron of honor). If that 150 person Pittsburgh wedding wasn’t enough, just found out they just got back from a week long honeymoon on a cruise.

If they don’t see any consequences yet again I don’t know. Why are we torturing ourselves. Is covid even real. The world is a gently caress

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Iron Crowned posted:

What is an NPI?

Nonpharmaceutical Intervention. Stuff like wearing a properly fitted mask, social distancing, using contact tracing apps (a measure for your community more than yourself), two-week traveler quarantines, and other things that are part of staying safe in the apocalypse.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

What is an NPI?

Non-Pharmaceutical Intervention. things like mask-wearing and contact tracing. things that aren't easy, that are harder than just saying "go get a shot" and then declaring everything over.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mod sassinator posted:

good for refrigerator truck owners!

for sale: used chest freezer, slight odor, can fit two large adults or four small children, $150 OBO, you must come pick it up

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

Non-Pharmaceutical Intervention. things like mask-wearing and contact tracing. things that aren't easy, that are harder than just saying "go get a shot" and then declaring everything over.

The CSPAM doctirine

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

It's important to note that NPI's only work if you are on an island.
If you are not on an island they will not work
sorry, that's just how it is

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What are the goon approved supplies for KN95 and N95 masks?

I trust only the collective wisdom.

Also, what's that leaked CDC slide in the OP mean? That Delta is transmissible to vaccinated people as regular COVID is to unvaccinated people?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Helith posted:

Masks draw thier power from the nearness of the sea.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Helith posted:

I can't stop thinking about Gio's brother's suck 'n gently caress tour. "It's on them to get vaccinated" lol, lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Helith posted:

usa is an island...

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

something tells me my Pfizer inoculation won't last as long as the last c-spam covid thread did

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1425680132799348745

Hello I am here for my first dose of vaccine. I’m sorry, I must’ve forgotten to bring my ID. My name? Anita Thurdose

My name is Juwanna Gimmy Morvac

My name is Thurston Foura Booster

My name is Max Titers

My name is Heywood Jastickme

My name is Ann T Bodees

My name is Stig Meepher III

My name is Ned L Park

My name is Jab Mi Waidon Chu

Hello my name Won Moh Jab

Hello my name is Bill Mesowat

My name is Senn Meedabill

My name is Al Payorfugginfee

My name is Char Jitoomacard

my name? Juan Moe Dos

Hello I’m Meghan Tecils.

Hello I’m Craven Morejuice

Hello I’m Ivana Nutter

Hello I’m Phil Meagan

Hello I’m here for my first dose. Oh sorry I lost my ID. My name? May I. Haffanutter

Hello I am here for my first vaccine shot. My name? Yudon Nomi

Hello my name is Miles O. Titers

Hello this is my 12 year old daughter, Dosa Rupp

Hello this is my 12 year old daughter, Mint E. Rosa

This is my 12 year old son, Don Lemmydie

This is my 12 year old son Walter Yuwatinfor

Hello my name is E. Moon Compromised

:emptyquote:

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
i know an individual, vaccinated early on due to being a health care worker (moderna fwiw), who tested positive on 3 consecutive antigen rapid tests last thursday. on friday they got a pcr test and received results 48 hours later - negative. they took a "pcr equivalent" test afterward which was also negative, but a 4th antigen rapid test was positive.

what the gently caress?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Charles Mansion posted:

i know an individual, vaccinated early on due to being a health care worker (moderna fwiw), who tested positive on 3 consecutive antigen rapid tests last thursday. on friday they got a pcr test and received results 48 hours later - negative. they took a "pcr equivalent" test afterward which was also negative, but a 4th antigen rapid test was positive.

what the gently caress?

that's old lady science for ya!

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

mastershakeman posted:

Went out to dinner indoors in downtown Chicago :coolfish: probably should get a booster soon though

(We went from 4-6 and left right when more people started showing up)

So from what I’ve gleaned. You have unvaccinated kids. Your wife has not cared at all about quarantining or protecting the kids or you. You read all of the information in this thread. But you haven’t changed much at all in the way of your normal behaviors. Is this wrong? The biggest conflict I remember was you had a pool party and locked yourself inside or something but the kids and wife were mingling with all the friends and fam?

Not calling you out to be rude. You just really give me this sense of whiplash when I read your posts. I don’t understand you.

The only thing I take issue with is giving advice recommending people put kids in school for social interaction when you aren’t protecting yours.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Charles Mansion posted:

what the gently caress?

Different sensitivity levels of the tests?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

In Training posted:

NY ended its daily COVID newsletter today that sent case rates and hospitalization to my email inbox. it's probably just bc the person who ran it is leaving along with our rapist governor but still funny to see them announce the highest positive case rate since winter and say Goodbye.

sounds like soon you won't need any newsletters

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Charles Mansion posted:

what the gently caress?

Covid isn't real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sunny Side Up posted:

So from what I’ve gleaned. You have unvaccinated kids. Your wife has not cared at all about quarantining or protecting the kids or you. You read all of the information in this thread. But you haven’t changed much at all in the way of your normal behaviors. Is this wrong? The biggest conflict I remember was you had a pool party and locked yourself inside or something but the kids and wife were mingling with all the friends and fam?

Not calling you out to be rude. You just really give me this sense of whiplash when I read your posts. I don’t understand you.

The only thing I take issue with is giving advice recommending people put kids in school for social interaction when you aren’t protecting yours.

If Mastershakeman stopped posting then each of us would have to start wondering if we were the biggest idiot in the thread.