Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I think someone missed the irony of saying they will return to the studio in two months and then doing a piece on how reopening is irresponsible and cases are spiking in the face of the Delta variant...

Graphic artist who made the key deserves a :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the most Jon Oliver thing ever is to simply gloss over 'oh yea Cuomo is a sexual predator and isn't going anywhere' to instead spend his opening segment being outraged that those dang Russians weren't 'really' banned. Who gives a poo poo about that, why would he even spend any time making sure 'banned countries get a clearer asterisk'?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Maybe they did that because all of the facts of the Russian Olympic Committee thing are known, and they're not even really in dispute.

Conversely, the sexual harassment scandal involving the governor is still developing. The AG report that put it back in the news came out just a week or so ago. There's a lot we still don't know, and we'll probably see more accusers, maybe a lot of them, come forward. There is plenty of time to let the story develop before covering it in earnest. It's just not ripe yet.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, Kimberly clearly hates Esteban.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Getting kind of sick of these dumb void jokes, really hope this is the last time they keep beating this dead horse, practically television poison :barf:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lol if you expect this show to ever stop beating any of its many dead horses.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ok Janice

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

You think so little about Janice that you didn't realize this isn't Janice, this is Janice.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You think so little about Janice that you didn't realize this isn't Janice, this is Janice.

Fuuuuuck I forgot about that bit :bang:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Except, no it isn't. That's Karen.

This is Janice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Parrotine posted:

Getting kind of sick of these dumb void jokes, really hope this is the last time they keep beating this dead horse, practically television poison :barf:

It would be kinda weird to skip on the stupid running joke the last time it's applicable.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Parrotine posted:

At this point I think they are setting up a bit for when they return to the void after being in studio for one episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also weird to turn a show off for like a 30 second gag that doesn't offend or anything.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Didn't turn off the show because of a 30 second skit, I'm just sick of hearing that VA in every animated property on media. Dude is a one-trick pony and it's not even a good trick. Some recurring bits are hits, this one was a miss for me.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
So, not a fan of Archer, then?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Archer is fine, everytime I hear the dude I keep thinking he's The Master from Venture Bros. Feels like I'm dragging this thread off track, I'll just mark the 'other' checkbox option for this and move on.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That Russian grandma owned.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Didn't turn off the show because of a 30 second skit, I'm just sick of hearing that VA in every animated property on media. Dude is a one-trick pony and it's not even a good trick. Some recurring bits are hits, this one was a miss for me.

Jon Benjamin can do other voices* but he's stuck with the problem that popular voice actors can run into where they're just cast to do the same thing over and over again. He has the added issue that the voice people like is basically his normal speaking tone.

*For example here's Benjamin as Jimmy Junior on the show Bob's Burgers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0taKhVLQ0is

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WHY WOULD YOU CONNECT YOUR BUTTPLUG TO THE INTERNET

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

Because Master or Mistress ordered you to do so.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alhazred posted:

You know why

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

My only takeaway from last week’s episode is that I really respect Tamron Hall for turning her entering a new decade crisis with aplomb, I just turned 30 and I’m inches away from a meltdown, she’s 50 (Fifty!) and owning it

Mad props, Tamron

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The judge has accepted the Sackler bankruptcy deal and given the family full immunity from future lawsuits.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Apparently five billion dollars buys quite a lot of pardons...

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Rich people facing consequences would be a bad precedent for the future.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Reeeeaaaaaally hoping Oliver devotes an entire episode to Texas politics, we honestly need the national spotlight to help us with the everything our awful politicians have been dragging us through this year.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The judge has accepted the Sackler bankruptcy deal and given the family full immunity from future lawsuits.

The state of Connecticut is appealing the decision.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I don’t know how this hasn’t yet been posted, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpKES_kcYg

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And he's out of the void and sold out of 10,000 stuffed bears in fifteen minutes

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I don’t like that there are people to laugh at the jokes again...

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It's absurdely funny to point out how long lukashenko's presidency is while you have liches like pelosi or mcconell in power

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Junkozeyne posted:

It's absurdely funny to point out how long lukashenko's presidency is while you have liches like pelosi or mcconell in power

I mean they are both evil but they aren't dictators?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

socialsecurity posted:

I mean they are both evil but they aren't dictators?

but they wish they were

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Azhais posted:

but they wish they were

Probably, but they...still aren't dictators. That's a big difference.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I don’t like that there are people to laugh at the jokes again...

I appreciated the return of the awkward "should we laugh at that?" response to the Michael Jackson joke and then it coming back amazingly for "lowrider bell bottoms."

Also the pumpkin spice gag gave me a massive laugh I really needed.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The duck stamp segment was one of the best bits this show has ever done.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It was good but cancelled out by the "guy fucks wheel of fortune" and "lobster loving" being the most astoundingly unfunny bits they've done in a fuckin while

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Lobsters gently caress, though. :crossarms:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

It was good but cancelled out by the "guy fucks wheel of fortune" and "lobster loving" being the most astoundingly unfunny bits they've done in a fuckin while

The lobster loving went on way too long. I know that the "joke goes on so long it loops back around to being funny again" is a thing, but this was not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Narcissus1916 posted:

The lobster loving went on way too long. I know that the "joke goes on so long it loops back around to being funny again" is a thing, but this was not that.

Yeah, gotta agree there.

But I did like the pacing and callbacks for the wheelfucker.

Funny thing is, that guy who wants to bone The Wheel of Fortune's eponymous wheel? Brandon Caruso? He's married to The Big Wheel from Price is Right.

I guess for him, it hasn't been television's most exciting hour for years. (Not that he could sustain more than a few minutes of excitement, probably.)

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 28, 2021