Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I am getting 3xjabbed on September 15 and I will crack the skull of anyone who attempts to stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

hahahaaha

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I am getting 3xjabbed on September 15 and I will crack the skull of anyone who attempts to stop me

skull.gif

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

the mods of d&d should resign in shame

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
a bunch of the stupidest people in the world decided that they are immortal and will never die from something as mysterious and impossible to comprehend as a virus. Now they are angrily berating everyone else that since they and their equally moronic flock gave up, everyone has to. I am so mad at them

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also lol @ us being right about the booster months ago. we're right about everything. there's going to be so many dead people

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

booster resistance was futile

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm back for covid hell winter volume 2 and my body is ready. gently caress it.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[COVID-19] Biden Administration says every American needs a 3rd shot

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Sphyre posted:

new zealand has fallen!!!

nooooooooo!

coviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!!!!!!!:argh:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

welcome back!!!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1427455404074745856?s=20

Don't worry, it name-checks Australia too as a silly country living in denial.
"Why will the foolish Chinese not simply accept that people must die to feed Number??"

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

guys, guys. the cdc said that wasn't necessary. trust the science.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Alright HCWs who got vaxxed in January listen up, your vax doesn't work for poo poo anymore and it's the Delta wave so this is the worst situation imaginable to be in without a booster.

So you can get one in four to eight weeks.

Get the gently caress outta here.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Hmmm. Maybe my friend Max Titers should get his unofficial third now-ish, and then an official third at the actual 8-month period. Should provide some good protection until then, and then jack them titers way the gently caress up.

Apr 7, 2003

fosborb posted:

welcome back!!!

REPORT FROM A HEALTH ANALYTICS WORKER:

This thread was loving right about everything. Absolutely everything.

It is loving incredible to me that the dead gay comedy forum was better at predicting what was going to happen than the loving CDC.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Welp, looks like Aotearoa New Zealand needs to reset the "days without community cases" ticker from "165" to "0"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The Oldest Man posted:

Alright HCWs who got vaxxed in January listen up, your vax doesn't work for poo poo anymore and it's the Delta wave so this is the worst situation imaginable to be in without a booster.

So you can get one in four to eight weeks.

Get the gently caress outta here.

remember to get vaccinated!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Stereotype posted:

a bunch of the stupidest people in the world decided that they are immortal and will never die from something as mysterious and impossible to comprehend as a virus. Now they are angrily berating everyone else that since they and their equally moronic flock gave up, everyone has to. I am so mad at them

it feels like the US is ran by 10% of the population: 5% are chud boomers that destroy everything around them out of spite and 5% are liberal boomers that destroy everything around them to make sure not a single thing changes in their lives. both sets of boomers are locked in eternal combat and both keep getting what they want, only to be driven more and more insane because when they get what they ask for, it doesn't fill the endless void in their souls

i'd give it a year or so before we just straight up ban masks in public so these psychos can "see our smiles again"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

REPORT FROM A HEALTH ANALYTICS WORKER:

This thread was loving right about everything. Absolutely everything.

It is loving incredible to me that the dead gay comedy forum was better at predicting what was going to happen than the loving CDC.

yeah we're super smart and they are dumb sycophants

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Stereotype posted:

also lol @ us being right about the booster months ago. we're right about everything. there's going to be so many dead people

I doubted this thread once in the beginning and never again.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1427455404074745856?s=20

Don't worry, it name-checks Australia too as a silly country living in denial.

"One of the world's strictest, longest quarantines has kept the city safe, but also breeds paranoia and complacency."

Wow

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

My uncle's going to Florida in November. He says he'll get a booster when they're available. He wasn't fully vaccinated until April.

April + 8 months = December

I can time out when each of my family members are going to die!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Quit posting in yospos dummy

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
the NYTimes piece

quote:

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration has decided that most Americans should get a coronavirus booster shot eight months after they completed their initial vaccination, and could begin offering the extra shots as early as mid-September, according to two administration officials familiar with the discussions.

Officials are planning to announce the administration’s decision as early as this week. Their goal is to let Americans know now that they will need additional protection against the Delta variant that is causing surging caseloads across the nation.

The first boosters are likely to go to nursing home residents and health care workers, followed by other older people who were near the front of the line when vaccinations began late last year. Officials envision giving people the same vaccine they originally received.

Among other worrisome signals, Biden administration officials are particularly concerned about data from Israel suggesting that the Pfizer-BioNTech’s protection against severe disease has fallen significantly for elderly people who were vaccinated in January or February.

Some administration officials have viewed Israel as a kind of template for the United States because it started vaccinating its population sooner. Israel has almost exclusively used the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, and it has a nationalized health care system that allows it to systematically track patients.

The latest data from Israel, posted on the government’s website on Monday, shows what some experts describe as continued erosion of the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine over time — both against mild or asymptomatic Covid-19 infections in general and against severe disease among the elderly.

lol I'm just going to assume this is the biden admin overriding the CDC because that's funniest

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Stereotype posted:

We’ve been yelling about boosters, and everybody was all “well I don’t know maybe maybe not we have to wait for the science,” and then the administration bought a hundred million more doses, and then everyone was like “well I mean there’s just no way to know, maybe those are for kids or something,” and now this is somehow breaking news

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
lol, and furthermore, lmao

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Everyone here knows they will have some inane tier system that will only serve as a barrier and drive down demand.

You’ll qualify sometime next March.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Being extremely complacent by checking everyone for the deadly lung disease, 18 months after the deadly lung disease failed to be curtailed by the capitalist West

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

GOD loving drat IT

I do not want to be knocked out with arm pain + fever + incredible fatigue for 2 days every 8 months

IS THIS EVER GOING TO END

Apr 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Quit posting in yospos dummy

I've been posting in yospos for 12 years, it's my home forum

The libs just drew their line at me saying they shouldn't go to brunch

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I thought they'd try and ride out the current surge before doing this. The expectations for the winter must be hellish. and hey I guess this makes it appear like they are doing something, anything

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

fosborb posted:

the NYTimes piece

lol I'm just going to assume this is the biden admin overriding the CDC because that's funniest

lmao we're throwing away vaccines now but yeah, gently caress it, let's go ahead and make another arbitrary waiting system for no loving reason

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

jetz0r posted:

There were two posts in the old thread with the timeline of the CDC mask burning party destroying the OSHA covid regulations, one of them is here. Where was the other one? Those should be preserved, with links.

I'm trying to write up a concise post with respirator info for the first page, something like the one I kept sharing for wildfire smoke. Toss me the sites that have been good for respirators recently, :rip: industrialsafety.com.

Would you know where to find spare parts? I'm trying to find a 805015 splash cover for my RU8500.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

PFC how's the bike

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So most Americans are going to be green-lit for boosters right as under-12's are approved. Vaccine Clusterfuck II, Viral Boogaloo

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Boat Stuck posted:

GOD loving drat IT

I do not want to be knocked out with arm pain + fever + incredible fatigue for 2 days every 8 months

IS THIS EVER GOING TO END

nope!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I like yospos too, but their opinions on anything not directly computer-related are pathetic and wrong.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I've been posting in yospos for 12 years, it's my home forum

The libs just drew their line at me saying they shouldn't go to brunch
lol

:yosbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Peak Vax was March, April, May.

8 months later will be November, December, January.

Shoulda made it 7 months just so we’d be ahead of the coming winter wave