Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Boat Stuck posted:

GOD loving drat IT

I do not want to be knocked out with arm pain + fever + incredible fatigue for 2 days every 8 months

IS THIS EVER GOING TO END

it will end when the US has a functional government that doesn't bend to the will of capital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

fwiw when the pandemic started I was 206 lbs. I'm 181 lbs now. If you had the money and the capability to reform your life and you didn't, you wasted your privilege.

yeah i smoked a ton of weed, but i guess im getting a second chance, to smoke even more :rznv:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

jetz0r posted:

it will end when the US has a functional government that doesn't bend to the will of capital.

oh no

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The 8 month window is 100% entirely because we are about 8 months out from the initial mass rollout and they are terrified of news articles about widows unable to find an appointment because sickos who got the jab in March want some juice.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

have you considered having her check the "i am immunosuppressed" button at cvs.com and scheduling a booster for tomorrow?

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

yeah i smoked a ton of weed, but i guess im getting a second chance, to smoke even more :rznv:

God bless.

Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

joke's on you: we're all getting a second chance come november!!!

I'm extremely ready to eat more of grandma's 1960s recipes, again

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

StratGoatCom posted:

Would you know where to find spare parts? I'm trying to find a 805015 splash cover for my RU8500.

those kind of things are loving hard to find if you're not doing a special order for 100 units through grainger or uline. I lost the link, but there's a little community making 3d printed respirator parts like exhaust valve covers and diy papr systems. if you can find an exhaust diverter that fits the 7700 model, it will fit on the RU8500's exhaust port, because both models use the same exhaust port.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1427455404074745856?s=20

Don't worry, it name-checks Australia too as a silly country living in denial.

lol it's like a zombie decided to write an essay on how the walled compound should totally let them in

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So, second shot for me was April 20th (I'm not weed friendly because my lungs are already garbage so I wanted to do some kind of drugs on 4/20). So... what, December 19th or so? Or 2 weeks after second shot?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
gently caress, they're onto us

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

The 8 month window is 100% entirely because we are about 8 months out from the initial mass rollout and they are terrified of news articles about widows unable to find an appointment because sickos who got the jab in March want some juice.

ya I was planning mine at the 6 month mark regardless anyways they lost all credibility

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovelyn posted:

made this handy dandy graph of my hospital system's covid census since i started working in the ICU

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1238881617181052930

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
gently caress I’m gonna be eligible for my third shot on Christmas

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I wonder how many people are gonna go "gently caress this" and not get the booster and just sorta give up instead.

Apr 7, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

I wonder how many people are gonna go "gently caress this" and not get the booster and just sorta give up instead.

We're barely at 50% fully vaccinated lmao. Right now, with vaccination being free.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

also lol @ us being right about the booster months ago. we're right about everything. there's going to be so many dead people

REPORT FROM A HEALTH ANALYTICS WORKER:

This thread was loving right about everything. Absolutely everything.

It is loving incredible to me that the dead gay comedy forum was better at predicting what was going to happen than the loving CDC.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sunny Side Up posted:

UK data over the last like forever

Iirc first conclusions were 10-12% of infected kids (whether symptomatic or asymptomatic) get long covid but most recent estimate I saw ballparked it at 8%

Yeah, but doesn't that mean less prone to long COVID than adults, not more?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Ham Cheeks posted:

is there any relationship between vaxx side effects and vaxx effectiveness to the doom virus?

No.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

My wife is immune suppressed due to what she takes for Crohn's Disease and she ain't got poo poo, lol. If she were on Remicaid (which she tried and failed) she'd be fine for a booster.

Very cool

What is all this "oh im not the right kind of immunocompromised" and "gee maybe talk to your physician" bullshit hahahaha how the gently caress is not getting a booster even real just walk into a CVS like just put out your arm

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

McCracAttack posted:

lots. the whole thing was pushed as a forever vaccine like polio or rubella. turns out it's more like the yearly flu shot.

Apr 7, 2003

Morbus posted:

What is all this "oh im not the right kind of immunocompromised" and "gee maybe talk to your physician" bullshit hahahaha how the gently caress is not getting a booster even real just walk into a CVS like just put out your arm

posted earlier, no CVS here has room

I work for a hospital chain but they're enforcing rules so she can't just say "yeah, I'm on remicaid, gimme them shots"

We also aren't going out for poo poo so I'm not too concerned. We haven't eaten at a restaurant since March 2020 lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

McCracAttack posted:

Everyone not posting in this thread.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Forseti posted:

Don't know how to link to Tzen's original post from the gassed thread properly so here:

Just got in new 800 series for myself and housemate. She wanted to use the black plastic cart style filters because they're more cyber-punk.

I gladly obliged, because anything to increase her chances to wear the respirator is a win. She starts back up in person uni tomorrow.

I'm going to get so many looks/comments tomorrow, I can't loving wait.

Apr 7, 2003

Pamela Springstein posted:

lots. the whole thing was pushed as a forever vaccine like polio or rubella. turns out it's more like the yearly flu shot.

Forums irony aside

I am incredibly pissed off at how this was pushed as a permanent solution and the way the CDC (in the wake of lovely consumer numbers) pushed the "the pandemic is over for immunized people and liars" back in May.

Anyone with half a loving brain who has ever had kids or ever lived through a disease outbreak knew how this would turn out. It was transparently dumb from day one.

Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Everyone not posting in this thread.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

So, second shot for me was April 20th (I'm not weed friendly because my lungs are already garbage so I wanted to do some kind of drugs on 4/20). So... what, December 19th or so? Or 2 weeks after second shot?

get it right now, do not loving wait.

there is every indication that this delta wave is going to the worst we've seen, and it's still summer, which should be the worst time of year for a respiratory disease to spread. then, we'll be back into winter with all the family holidays and travel that drove the massive covid wave last winter.

right now will probably be the safest time to get a booster until next spring, everyone reading this thread in the US should be getting one asap.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1427245776992866304?s=20

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I know several people that already had their "gently caress this" moment when they were told to mask up again. "If I still have to wear a mask then what was the point of me getting vaccinated?""

Apr 7, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

I know several people that already had their "gently caress this" moment when they were told to mask up again. "If I still have to wear a mask then what was the point of me getting vaccinated?""

blue maga, baby

I'm a dipshit and I post on Reddit and the local reddits here are chock full of dipshits who did what they had to do last year. Orange bad man is gone. They did what they had to do, it's time for their cookie, and they are absolutely going to eat that cookie no matter what it costs, and gently caress you if you question them.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The place I got my vaccines in march and April literally have 100% availability. You can get an appointment any time between now and the 30th.

Georgia loving sucks.

jetz0r posted:

there is every indication that this delta wave is going to the worst we've seen, and it's still summer, which should be the worst time of year for a respiratory disease to spread. then, we'll be back into winter with all the family holidays and travel that drove the massive covid wave last winter.

right now will probably be the safest time to get a booster until next spring, everyone reading this thread in the US should be getting one asap.

I'm less than 4 months out from my second shot. I work from home, wear n95 masks, and stay away from folks. I'm down for 6 months out, but less than 4 sounds like a lot.

McCracAttack posted:

Yeah my spouse did this one and I told him to wear his loving mask or don't bother coming home ever again. He sent me a selfie with his smiley face mask put on upside down (in the safety of his place, as a joke).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can't wait for our health authority to sleep on boosters for months like they do with every piece of new information.

McCracAttack posted:

Are they my septuagenarian dad with COPD and cardiovascular disease whom I gave a bunch of very comfortable FFP2 masks? aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, and might I add, fFgKEfFOKgmj;

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 17, 2021

Apr 7, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

Alright HCWs who got vaxxed in January listen up, your vax doesn't work for poo poo anymore and it's the Delta wave so this is the worst situation imaginable to be in without a booster.

So you can get one in four to eight weeks.

Get the gently caress outta here.

Found that out the hard way. Vaxxed at the hospital I was interning at in Jan. Currently sitting here struggling with shortness of breath and constantly monitoring myself with a pulse oximeter to make sure I don't need to try and find a hospital bed in Texas (lmao). I'm wondering if I should coast on the antibodies from this for a short while and then get the booster, or if I should just go for the booster right out the gate. Trying to be strategic about maximizing my protection. Already signing my wife up for her booster.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

just rescheduled my booster a week out because i just remembered this is the last weekend i'm going to be able to see all my friends for a very long time

also, i just got a big promotion and want to be able to get drunk on friday night and be hungover saturday morning instead of hosed up from the moderna

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Walked into the grocery store. A good 80-90% of the people were unmasked. Noped the gently caress out.

Welcome back. I enjoy your posts.

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Looks like fuckin and suckin is back on the menu

Apr 7, 2003

Ice Phisherman posted:

Walked into the grocery store. A good 80-90% of the people were unmasked. Noped the gently caress out.

Welcome back. I enjoy your posts.

I appreciate. Always enjoyed yours.

A kid got shot in the shoulder a block down from me last week.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/08/06/beechview-man-shot-in-the-shoulder/

People are acting out, stay home even if you're not worried about covid-19. A year and a half of concentrated American insanity is going down.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I remember being probated and yelled at and called a doomer and all sorts of poo poo for saying there would be a mere quarter million dead during the first rounds of covid.

That all seems so quaint now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Ice Phisherman posted:

I remember being probated and yelled at and called a doomer and all sorts of poo poo for saying there would be a mere quarter million dead during the first rounds of covid.

That all seems so quaint now.

I burned bridges with good friends I posted with for over a decade here by saying they shouldn't go to brunch.

My sister and I don't talk anymore because I told her she shouldn't be going to bars even if she was vaccinated.

This thread has been right more often than not, lol.