Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The media is beating the poo poo out of Biden for the first and only good thing he's done

Lmao

Lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

God I hate this country

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The media sucks so bad

This is the one time I'm glad Biden is absurdly stubborn

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1427451592115200002?s=20

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sure he was still a huge sexpest, but, people didn't know about it then

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

my bony fealty posted:

already plenty of great Afghan food here in the US tho

Went past Kabul house today and was thinking about how good it is

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
I wish Trump was tweeting right now.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

The media sucks so bad

This is the one time I'm glad Biden is absurdly stubborn

It's nothing personal, they're just training their presidents with operant conditioning.

Positive reinforcement when they bomb some poor country somewhere, punishment when they pull troops out of any meatgrinder anywhere, reinforcement again when they reverse course and start feeding troops back into the troopgrinder

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

VitalSigns posted:

It's nothing personal, they're just training their presidents with operant conditioning.

Positive reinforcement when they bomb some poor country somewhere, punishment when they pull troops out of any meatgrinder anywhere, reinforcement again when they reverse course and start feeding troops back into the troopgrinder

lol you got threadbanned from uspol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

fart simpson posted:

lol you got threadbanned from uspol

sounds like a reward tbh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah if you've been spending enough time posting in USpol to be threadbanned from USpol, the threadban is a blessing

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
achievement unlocked: thrown out of the landfill

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
can we threadban leon trotsky from here

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

I bet those threadbans are gonna really lead to some excellent debates.

It'd be super helpful if the people handing them out would, in good faith, post their beliefs clearly in the OP so that posters would know not to "debate" that particular thing.

Someone should compile a list of everybody threadbanned from USPol. I'm kinda curious just how many people have been evicted from debating and/or discussing the news in D&D's quest to create a perfectly curated echo chamber.

Not me though, I'm just the ideas guy

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/patrickloller/status/1427361263898796032?s=21

I know this guy has popped up in the zone before with a different dogbrain video, can’t remember if it was primary or general though

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pamela Springstein posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nix Panicus posted:

Someone should compile a list of everybody threadbanned from USPol. I'm kinda curious just how many people have been evicted from debating and/or discussing the news in D&D's quest to create a perfectly curated echo chamber.

l&ld's going to have 2 separate Access and powerBI dbs ready for you by the time the probe expires lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lansdowne posted:

I know this guy has popped up in the zone before with a different dogbrain video, can’t remember if it was primary or general though

how interested is he w/r/t basic personnal grooming tips

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:hai:

willa would have wanted it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
free willa

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

He's using Trump levels of mental gymnastics.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nix Panicus posted:

I imagine the mods must have one. It does make sense that they should post it in the OP because not everyone is going to be able to keep up with all this threadban bullshit and remember.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

I imagine the mods must have one. It does make sense that they should post it in the OP because not everyone is going to be able to keep up with all this threadban bullshit and remember.

should be a list on the index right next to the moderators for each forum

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think a steady influx of locally sourced succ might be healthy. We can see what the dogbrains who think they are the furthest left a reasonable person can be (much further left than most of D&D!) thinks of a situation without having to invest time scouring twitter.

I'm also an idiot though, so maybe my ideas are bad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's funny to me that the op of the d&d covid thread is threadbanned from it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lansdowne posted:

is this guy related to the "listen kiddo" person?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Nix Panicus posted:

I think a steady influx of locally sourced succ might be healthy. We can see what the dogbrains who think they are the furthest left a reasonable person can be (much further left than most of D&D!) thinks of a situation without having to invest time scouring twitter.

I'm also an idiot though, so maybe my ideas are bad

Let all of the threadbanned posters make a dnd style uspol thread in cspam as long as we can mock them in the succ zone if they have dumb opinions

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Lansdowne posted:

https://twitter.com/bigblowey/status/1427407376009895938

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Banning goes against cspam.

As Willa has shown it's much better to just tell them to gently caress off and die instead of banning them.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

it's funny to me that the op of the d&d covid thread is threadbanned from it
it unironically owns that they're thread and forum-banning all the sensible and thoughtful posters from d&d and I can't wait until it's just all our faves, all 12 of them or whatever, trapped in there trying to out-succ and well, actually each other

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
This is the most I've seen the media push back on the President regarding the Middle East (sides Trump but that's because he's Trump). Maybe if they weren't scratching their rear end during the Bush years, they'd do some good for once.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

it unironically owns that they're thread and forum-banning all the sensible and thoughtful posters from d&d and I can't wait until it's just all our faves, all 12 of them or whatever, trapped in there trying to out-succ and well, actually each other

...you do realize who the op of the covid thread in D&D is, right?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Actually, did Biden “do the right thing” or was the situation just becoming so dire that that the US needed to get out of Dodge before bases/equipment started being captured and soldiers killed?

I’m genuinely curious because the maps of captured territory over time was NOT looking good even before the withdrawal.

Given the speed and relative bloodless-ness of the collapse the Taliban likely had diplomatic agreements in place with most provincial capitals weeks in advance and were just waiting to execute. Looks like the Taliban were actually honoring Trump's withdrawal truce even when it looked like Biden was gonna jerk them around at the last minute. Just lol that the Taliban were negotiating in better faith than the US, although I guess theres zero reason to find that unlikely

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

biden being senile and not giving a poo poo about media-driven narratives is funny as hell

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

<------ lol did one of you do this because I post a lot in D&D or what

eviltastic has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Aug 17, 2021

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

**LURKER HAT OFF**

Absolutely DO NOT threadban anyone from succzone. It's obvious that no real debate is allowed in the bad thread, if any of them want to come over here and get kicked around let them do it. Seeing people get to respond freely to succ takes is personally educational for me and probably others like me, who encounter this poo poo in the wild constantly and benefit from seeing concise takedowns of the MSNBC crowds' "common wisdom"

Plus its funny to see them get dunked on.

**LURKER HAT ON**

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

look I tried, it doesn’t stick

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
it is pretty funny to be threadbanned from your own thread, I lolled

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

eviltastic posted:

...you do realize who the op of the covid thread in D&D is, right?
lol no I didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I mean I didn't say they were only doing that. they gotta implicate some of their faves now and then, after all