Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

smarxist posted:

"if we could just get the Afghani to watch the Simpsons (seasons 2-9 only, naturally, -*pushes up nerd glasses*),"

this is so achingly close to grasping the concept of historical materialism

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

smarxist posted:

"if we could just get the Afghani to watch the Simpsons (seasons 2-9 only, naturally, -*pushes up nerd glasses*),"

lmao

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

we’re going to have to make some kind of Rosetta Stone for future people to even be able to conceptualize what they are seeing from this period of time because it is so far removed from normal human thoughts and emotions

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

smarxist posted:

if we gave everyone a netflix sub in 2002 we would have been kicked out sooner when everyone rioted when the third disc in a row arrived unplayable

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
The internet and Netflix strategy makes a lot more sense than what we did, though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

we’re going to have to make some kind of Rosetta Stone for future people to even be able to conceptualize what they are seeing from this period of time because it is so far removed from normal human thoughts and emotions

nah this is a pretty standard case of imperial psychosis really

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

smarxist posted:

If there’s one thing that doesn’t create extremists, it’s giving under educated persons unlimited Internet access.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
https://twitter.com/kblafghanistan/status/1427231884044554247

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

marshalljim posted:

The internet and Netflix strategy makes a lot more sense than what we did, though.
Literally a better plan than anyone in the US Government cane up with in 20 years.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PatrickLoller/status/1427361263898796032

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

owned loser.

lmao.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

if we gave everyone a netflix sub in 2002 we would have been kicked out sooner when everyone rioted when the third disc in a row arrived unplayable

there would have been inevitable unrest when the season 6 simpson dvd case was released

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Boat Stuck posted:

"departed the aircraft"

"made in mematic"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Chief

Champ

Kiddo

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Vermain posted:

even if you wanted to be coldly cynical about it, you could pretty trivially evac everyone sitting on the tarmac over a matter of weeks, get them to a military base, process them to find that they don't have a visa, and then ship them back and drop them off at gunpoint after all the american news media orgs have packed up and left. it really is just sheer caprice

No the coldly cynical take is that everyone from the pilots to the ground troops to the ATC who cleared the takeoff followed their SOPs to the letter and the severed limbs in the hydraulics will be marked in a report as "Human Error - Unauthorized Passenger"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hit play with volume at zero and decided against turning it up

Can’t imagine I missed anything

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

I love my afghan veterans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8K0sW8GX-4

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The ten seasons of Friends could have united the Middle East

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

smarxist posted:

has someone on reddit suggested a taliban funko pop, or something something marvel movie

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Brrrmph posted:

If there’s one thing that doesn’t create extremists, it’s giving under educated persons unlimited Internet access.

lmao if we did that and the Afghan people find out who got the Taliban all those guns and money

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

if you didnt want to get poo poo on you should have won the war

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
a little late right there uh... former ambassador to russia

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1427459443902455810

really a loving moron country eh?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"you just want to yell at me on the internet instead of doing hours of self-reflection about how international relations is really hard"

you're completely loving right, idiot

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Gresh posted:

maybe it is time to give this a rewatch, haven't seen this in ages and I honestly dont remember much about it at all besides the setting

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1427360526040977411

lol I only watched the first Rambo. aka the good one when he kills a bunch of shithead cops

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Aug 17, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://twitter.com/time4crazyd/status/1427418149520019457?s=21

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Feldegast42 posted:

this led me down a rabbit hole of wondering what cultural touchstones resonate between the taliban and the US

like does do we have stats for the most watched shows/movies on pashto netflix

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Radirot posted:

lol I only watched the first Rambo.

It's extremely funny that they changed the ending from Rambo dying to getting 4 more movies of going back to war. American audiences are babies that want their bottles.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i saw three kings for the first time this year and the funniest takeaway is that the moral of the movie is that desert storm was a just war but the real crime was not leaving a permanent occupying force

i wonder if noted dipshit david o russell still feels that way

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
really hope that dude gets the therapy he needs to process that he and any Afghans he helped were nothing but grist for the capitalist war machine

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Vasukhani posted:

a little late right there uh... former ambassador to russia

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1427459443902455810

really a loving moron country eh?

Why didn't they lay down their lives for our puppet regime? :iiam:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Feldegast42 posted:

People would have gotten violent over whether Rachel and Ross were “on a break.”

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

Chief

Champ

Kiddo

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

Chief

Champ

Kiddo

lol how are they so similar

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

TheSlutPit posted:

Neoliberalism.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
there wasn't any netflix in 2001, they would have had to use realplayer and I dont even want to think about afghans' reaction to that

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

upon further viewings i think it's because of the eyebrows, the weird tiktok zoom effects and the fact that they both seem like they're about to start crying over what they've become

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

TheSlutPit posted:

brain not work :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Dude has better muzzle discipline than some people I've hunted with.