Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

GDI went to Trader Joe's this afternoon and regret it. Doesn't matter that it was ~75% masked, just means there were only 2 unmasked people per aisle. Might have exposed myself and my family to the delta variant because I wanted to get some japanese sweet potatoes. Get pickup or delivery instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

It's possible the western world gets it under control first through pure gluttony of vaccine supply

The vaccine is available to everyone 12+ in America completely for free and we're only barely at 50% fully vaccinated even with that ideal situation.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
gently caress me I think I gave myself food poisoning.

I also literally physically can't puke due to a surgery to tighten up my esophagus so I'm just sitting here wishing I could puke

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1427416059536150532

192k cases, just under 85k hospitalized

LMAO how in the gently caress is the media completely silent on the magnitude of what's happening?
lol besides tv news ignoring it, so is everyone online as well
Afghanistan currently dominating everything, although what's it matter, it was the olympics last week, whatever else prior, covid doesn't matter

cbsnews has the covid tab and 1 headline mention about boosters

cnn 1 mention about boosters

drudge has 2 mentions, one about hospitalizations

foxnews 1 mention, tying Afghanistan to our border lol

huffpost 1 mention on boosters

msnbc with a covid tab, booster mention, fauci clip, bullshit

of everythnbing i briefly looked at, drudgereport is the only one linking or mentioning rising hospitalizations lmaoooooooo

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNHeSoABYQ

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The vaccine is available to everyone 12+ in America completely for free and we're only barely at 50% fully vaccinated even with that ideal situation.

And even a 2-dose series can leave you permanently crippled, so those stats can be thrown completely out the window (same with Johnson & Johnson recipients)

Booster Crew shall inherit the earth

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

gently caress me I think I gave myself food poisoning.

I also literally physically can't puke due to a surgery to tighten up my esophagus so I'm just sitting here wishing I could puke

This is the thread for dying of Covid, the dying of food poisoning thread is over that way

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol drudgereport also mentioning mortuary trailers
the only place i see it mentioned on any frontpage
lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

this was the shittiest part of this past winter for my mental health. just constant sirens
yeah i live along the hospital helicopter path and it was loving non-stop

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pingui posted:

Are you sure about this? - it seems wrong. What does the CDC say?

This feels like it was lifted verbatim from a Twitter post

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Idiot Kicker posted:

Our job can, and has been, done at home before. But we are required to appear in the office in order to stay employed. If my resume were better I'd find a WFH job.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

pony up lurker oregon wfh employer goon

Business Gorillas posted:

im back

:siren::siren::siren:WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY:siren::siren::siren:

are YOU a goon who is dreading to have to go back to a lovely office during a loving pandemic?
do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because their psycho boss wants them back in the office and see their smile?
are YOU able to have an internet connection for 40 hours a week and able to read, talk, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah, Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!
hi, my name is business gorillas and i want to do BUSINESS! my company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. it's a basic customer service gig that pays $16.00/hr starting plus a signing bonus of up to $2,000 with full benefits, including education assistance. i'm not going to lie, the job is dull and unrewarding, but WHO CARES? i bet your current job is too!

if not wanting to die because your small business tyrant work-landlord keeps masks optional is right for you, send me a dm so we can talk!!!

worried about your resume? no problem! so long as you aren't a complete fuckup, i'll help you with your resume! even if you might be a complete fuckup, i'll still look at your resume and tell you to GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!!!

]WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

inquire within! my dm's are open!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

This is the riskiest thing I've done by far, I've mainly given up and very much changed behavior. I went out once to dinner in mid March, pre Delta, after being fully vaccinated when capacity limits were in place. The pool party was someone else but my wife also went to the pool and I hid on a chair with a hat over my head after being freaked out , about a year ago.

Still masking n95 on transit and grocery stores and museums and in outdoor crowds; my kid will have kf94s for school, not going to go to packed bars or restaurants. But mostly empty ones? gently caress it sure

Covid isn't going away. My kid probably won't be vaccinated til next year . It isn't that big a deal in northern Illinois, yet. I'll booster each October.
lol you're playing with loving fire man
then again you read this thread and the old one so you know what's coming if you keep loving around

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Idiot Kicker posted:

Oregon is at a ROBUST 57% vaccination rate (12th-best in America).
It's the equivalent of me walking into a maternity ward and bragging about how much smarter I am than the newborns

look we just now hit the 70(.4)%* of 18+ vaccinated that was the goal to OPEN BIDEN which was then abandoned in favor of opening on June 30 so we could suck and gently caress on July 4th like true americans!

Now sure we were like 67.2% vaccinated on June 30 so we've only gone up 3 percent in 1.5 months, but basically we are totally safe now from this pandemic of the unvaccinated :shepicide:

*this is including first shot only people who are "in progress" lol

Also we are at 59.8% vaccinated for total pop in Oregon (4.7% in progress) so I rate your claim 29 pinocchios.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
guys i think this might be a pandemic for everyone?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/minhealthnz/status/1427435940159520772?s=20

quote:

They found doors to rooms on opposite sides of the corridor were opened at the same time for about 3-5 seconds on four occasions between July 19 and 27, when a case in the room opposite would have been considered infectious.

lol with 3-5 seconds of doors being opened. china welding doors shut had the right idea.

(this is a different one to the case of in-community transmission)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Welp that was fast

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997028039704038662

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997073229466668294

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 17, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"pandemic of the unvaccinated" reminds me a lot of the messaging about aids, which was a pandemic for gays only

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

crepeface posted:

lol with 3-5 seconds of doors being opened. china welding doors shut had the right idea.

Time to respirator up while I post

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

look we just now hit the 70(.4)%* of 18+ vaccinated that was the goal to OPEN BIDEN which was then abandoned in favor of opening on June 30 so we could suck and gently caress on July 4th like true americans!

Now sure we were like 67.2% vaccinated on June 30 so we've only gone up 3 percent in 1.5 months, but basically we are totally safe now from this pandemic of the unvaccinated :shepicide:

*this is including first shot only people who are "in progress" lol

Also we are at 59.8% vaccinated for total pop in Oregon (4.7% in progress) so I rate your claim 29 pinocchios.

I just went off of this page https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/ for both doses; I probably should check multiple sources though.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Stereotype posted:

"pandemic of the unvaccinated" reminds me a lot of the messaging about aids, which was a pandemic for gays only

its especially insane when 'the unvaccinated' includes literally every single child under 12 years old. gently caress

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Idiot Kicker posted:

I just went off of this page https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/ for both doses; I probably should check multiple sources though.

I was really just loving with you/highlighting how poo poo our vaccination rate is. But FYI I use this page which is to the best of my knowledge directly updated by the state of Oregon (for good or ill): https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/oregon.health.authority.covid.19/viz/OregonCOVID-19VaccinationTrends/OregonStatewideVaccinationTrends

edit: and then click "Check out Oregon Vaccination Rates" for the easy to see graph showing the total percentage stuff.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

crepeface posted:

why do they assume the doors had to be open at the same time like the virus was a laser beam or something, it could have wafted out into the hallway and floated around in the air there for a few minutes before the other door opened and in floated in there

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Instead of pandemic of the un vaccinated we should start calling it the children's pandemic now. Since they're the unvaccinated.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm not a physician, but I work in public health metrics for a major US insurer.

My understanding of it, which may be entirely wrong but what we model for, is that once a significant enough proportion of the population is vaccinated, the disease's ability to propagate itself falls below replacement level and it dies out due to a lack of ready hosts.

I can't tell you what percentage that is for covid or anything else. I can tell you that it's happened already for measles in my lifetime. Why we suddenly can't kill off a highly communicable disease when we've already killed one off in my lifetime is left to the reader to figure out.

The answer to your (implied) question about the percentages can be found in this thread, where an epidemiologist lays out the (very simple) math:

https://twitter.com/EpiEllie/status/1422595200615133189

silicone thrills posted:

Instead of pandemic of the un vaccinated we should start calling it the children's pandemic now. Since they're the unvaccinated.

We wouldn't want people to panic, though. That might upset Number. Better to just let the kids die quietly and hope the problem goes away on its own somehow.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

It's an accomplishment that people can blame the unvaccinated for prolonging the pandemic while also believing that COVID isn't a big deal for young children so no special effort is required to prevent them from getting infected.

At least people aren't pretending children can't get or transmit COVID anymore.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shear Modulus posted:

why do they assume the doors had to be open at the same time like the virus was a laser beam or something, it could have wafted out into the hallway and floated around in the air there for a few minutes before the other door opened and in floated in there

i assume because then they'd have more cases of in-facility spread.

it would be pretty lol if covid fumes hung around like a vampire waiting to be invited into your abode tho

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Welp that was fast
lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

endless lmaos

time to ban the biden administration

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Kreeblah posted:

We wouldn't want people to panic, though. That might upset Number. Better to just let the kids die quietly and hope the problem goes away on its own somehow.

as far as I can tell, Number loves to feast upon the blood of innocents

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

crepeface posted:

it would be pretty lol if covid fumes hung around like a vampire waiting to be invited into your abode tho

wasnt there another one in australia or new zealand where they traced it the infectee walking through a place the infecter had been at like 30 minutes ago

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

blind posting from 30 pages back, hopefully i haven't been beaten

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

McCracAttack posted:

Love that this critical info is pay-walled while posts on Facebook about treating COVID with horse de-worming medicine are free and plentiful.
lol this evening i got a messenger alert from my aunt
it's a link to this bullshit,

after a few texts i learn that they're anti-vaxx, pro-trump, etc. etc. lmao their mask finally fell off, this whole time i thought they were sensible people
glad i haven't seen them in several years, it'll be easy to write them off

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

its especially insane when 'the unvaccinated' includes literally every single child under 12 years old. gently caress

well maybe those under 12 year olds should have planned a bit better

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

also lol @ us being right about the booster months ago. we're right about everything. there's going to be so many dead people

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

crepeface posted:

https://i.imgur.com/dHqmAUP.mp4

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
air currents are weird and if all you need is one big lungful of covidair then it's not sure weird that only one person got it

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Starting to think Covid is bad???

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

McNugget Buddy posted:

Someone referenced a spreadsheet that goons were keeping track of PPE in - does anyone have a link to that so we can add it to the OP?

here is the thing if you haven't found it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DarkEuphoria posted:

Starting to think Covid is bad???

mods, this fear mongering should not be tolerated. open biden