Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lodin posted:

Oh poo poo, those things are gorgeous! Makes sense that they would eventually make more standard units for testing.

You actually can find them on auction sites if you're lucky, though I think you'd need to use third party tools to actually load them up with game rooms.

While I've never tested on them, there were also two green-faced test units. These actually had disc drives rather than the hard drive of the red-faced version. One of the green ones had a coaxial-ish port to that a wired wiimote would be plugged in to, and the other green version used a standard wireless wiimote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNKoiJaieXQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Yes.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

A photograph! We are circling around! The junction of the loop is within sight!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

This can't be his first paycheck, right? He's been there for months now. Are they giving out bonuses for the newly released game?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Next episode: Tohru's extreme excitement at receiving a big bonus catalyses a manic stage of the bipolar condition it turns out he's had since he was a teenager, and he does an internet search for:

After his guns and ammo arrive in the mail, watch out fans, it's :neet: time!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

more like NEET amount paid

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Oh! I can buy 1582 cups of ramen with this!"

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Once again I'm reminded that Tohru is doing much better than I am.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Alchemist posted:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

The Alchemist posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Alchemist posted:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol this dude is happy about having to work himself ragged and is looking forward to working even harder with OT and work on his days off.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol this dude is happy about having to work himself ragged and is looking forward to working even harder with OT and work on his days off.

Its because ms nishiyama is there. Watch her quit the company or get married and see how much he likes his job afterwards without the hormones propping him up

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

I suggest you re-read the first bunch of panels to remember what a piece of poo poo Tohru was just a few months ago

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I can't wait to see what ostentatiousness our hero will get up to with his new found wealth.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i had to go back to the previous panels to confirm but the bowl-cut person is not Enami.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Guess what birch my boyfriend is a dead ghost

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Space Kablooey posted:

i had to go back to the previous panels to confirm but the bowl-cut person is not Enami.

if i have interpreted this right, they've taken the picture now and this is the girl going back to her separate high school and trying it out on classmates

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Idle Amalgam posted:

Tbh this is a very common sentiment among testers. I have met SO many people that love being able to do OT so they can get bigger paychecks. Like I get needing extra money (especially since most game QA places pay like poo poo) but goddamn.

The Alchemist posted:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, but why is he picking his nose?

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

I can't find a photo of it unfortunately, but there actually was a specific type of Wii used for testing! It looked like a regular Wii, but had a bright red front panel.

I've got one of these here! The red one has a hard disk inside containing a number of game images. They can be selected using a button on the front and it has LEDs to indicate which one is in use. There is also another model that has a regular DVD drive and accepts burned discs of a specific type.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

The Alchemist posted:

Reminds me of when Dilbert got a girlfriend and readers kept writing in about how even Dilbert was doing better than them.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Grevling posted:

I can't wait to see what ostentatiousness our hero will get up to with his new found wealth.

*daydreams, narrates all the cool poo poo he could do with the cash, like travel abroad*
*daydreams, narrates all ths smart poo poo he could do with it like save, invest, or fund study*
*daydreams, narrates all the hobby poo poo people might spend it on*

"But I'll probably just waste it, I'm not cool or smart or interesting"

*proceeds to waste it, probably on train sushi idk*

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

simplefish posted:

*daydreams, narrates all the cool poo poo he could do with the cash, like travel abroad*
*daydreams, narrates all ths smart poo poo he could do with it like save, invest, or fund study*
*daydreams, narrates all the hobby poo poo people might spend it on*

"But I'll probably just waste it, I'm not cool or smart or interesting"

*proceeds to waste it, probably on train sushi idk*

No doxxing me please

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
money spent on train sushi is definitely not wasted

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Train sushi hasn't been invented yet because work neet didn't take the gay baby prison express to the future

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Sushi train talk has me missing Crime NEET.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Train sushi hasn't been invented yet because work neet didn't take the gay baby prison express to the future

the first train sushi was 1958

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

"I bet that drat old geezer's been snooping on my computer!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Dad lost his job and now we have to be supported off your paycheck. Go work more overtime, boy."

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I like this. Pls write the fan fiction, slash not necessary, tia.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Oh poo poo he’s about to catch his dad researching best ways to murder+poison+beef jerky

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Aw man :3:

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Leroy Dennui posted:

"I'd better pour out the last can of my dad's favorite beer for Morita when I get home."

As the prophecy foretold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993