Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Sorry, anime bad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Arist posted:

Koichi is OP

Also:

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1427102819589496832?s=20

Finally

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

League of Villians invade the OP or riot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

League of Villians invade the OP or riot.

The current OP already includes some MVA exclusive characters but we’ll see.

Like I’ve said before, I hope they take over the opening and preview narration as well (complete with a title card change and “Plus Chaos” instead of “Plus Ultra”)

Either way, the anime staff better bring their A Game to this arc.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 16, 2021

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

The start of the OP, where Deku walks towards the screen before the title comes in, is perfectly set up for them to replace him with Shiggy and do the thing where he dusts the logo, so I hope we at least get that. There's also a solid 10 seconds that's just 1A in various still poses, which would be easy to replace with something.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Larryb posted:

The current OP already includes some MVA exclusive characters but we’ll see.

Like I’ve said before, I hope they take over the opening and preview narration as well (complete with a title card change and “Plus Chaos” instead of “Plus Ultra”)

Either way, the anime staff better bring their A Game to this arc.

Given how they’ve completely fumbled this whole season to work around the movie, I sincerely doubt they’ll go the extra mile to make this special. Which is a shame because this is a really, really good arc.

I want to be proven wrong though, so here’s hoping

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Asuron posted:

Given how they’ve completely fumbled this whole season to work around the movie, I sincerely doubt they’ll go the extra mile to make this special. Which is a shame because this is a really, really good arc.

I want to be proven wrong though, so here’s hoping

I think completely fumbled is a massive overstatement. Switching around MVA and the internship is a relatively minor change that just slightly shifts the pacing, and I don't even think it's any worse, just different. I actually really like how it passively builds up hype as you see bits and pieces of the initial fallout and hero response before it dives in, and the internship arc itself was really well done in my opinion.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
They've weakened the impact of this upcoming arc by revealing some of the reveals & outcomes ahead of time. It feels wrong to do that when you're making a 1:1 adaptation of an existing story (with possible exceptions if it's done to improve the story's pacing, which this wasn't).

This was always going to be a weak season but messing with the order and front-loading the season with all the slower/weaker arcs (plus filler!) can't have been good for keeping people engaged with the series.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's fine lol. It's an utterly marginal difference. I started watching the anime a few weeks ago, ran out of episodes and got caught up on the manga in the last few days, and I was pretty surprised the arcs were switched around at all. It's not something you notice unless you already read the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

I think completely fumbled is a massive overstatement. Switching around MVA and the internship is a relatively minor change that just slightly shifts the pacing, and I don't even think it's any worse, just different. I actually really like how it passively builds up hype as you see bits and pieces of the initial fallout and hero response before it dives in, and the internship arc itself was really well done in my opinion.

Though I wonder if it’ll be handled in a way that upon rewatching the season you could just slot the MVA episodes into their proper place on the series timeline and have it still work

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I suspect the season might hold up better on a rewatch. I think the pacing really struggled for weekly watchers with the combination of two weeks without eps really close together, a filler episode and the atrocious pacing in certain episodes. 2 months on 12 chapters of content is loving rough. If you can just go through and skip the annoying parts it may stand up well.

I don't think the switched arcs necessarily ruins anything but the intended order does work better narratively IMO.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 17, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also just kinda funny that they were taking so many pains to make sure the anime lined up with the movie when the last movie took place during MVA which was literally two seasons ahead of where the anime was at the time.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Gotta follow the Mugen Train money, it's the new hotness.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If they made the Joint Training Arc 5 or 6 episodes instead of padding it out to the full cour, they could have not moved anything and still managed slide in a movie prelude somewhere in the work study!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just caught up on both mangas after falling behind. I'm not sure if I'm glad or sad that I missed all the chaos Gay Mineta caused.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

girl dick energy posted:

all the chaos Gay Mineta caused

the what now?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I can't believe in all of that we didn't ever touch on the option of "Mineta is straight, but has no other frame of reference for affection toward another person"

Although that's not nearly as funny

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

I can't believe in all of that we didn't ever touch on the option of "Mineta is straight, but has no other frame of reference for affection toward another person"

We did

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Did we?

Well, there you go then.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Works for me.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

christmas boots posted:

i'm going with the option of "mineta is straight, but has no other frame of reference for any of his feels"

when mineta is hungry he only understands it as being horny for a sandwich

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm going with the option of "mineta is straight, but has no other frame of reference for any of his feels"

when mineta is hungry he only understands it as being horny for a sandwich

He has commented at least once that Octopus are sexy (it was during the quirk test right at the start, the grip strength thing I believe, when the guy with the 6 arms totally wrecked the meter).

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mineta being bisexual/repressed gay and having hots for Deku is both really dumb and my favorite interpretation/headcannon for Mineta. :allears:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://w27.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-323/

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Was that Monoma caring for Eri?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nonexistence posted:

Was that Monoma caring for Eri?

Sure looked like it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The Story: UA is the safest possible place anyone could ever be

Me, writing in my notebook: going to....be......the worst place to be, yes got it.

(scribbles in the margins: Nezu, the true traitor???)

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

rannum posted:

Me, writing in my notebook: going to....be......the worst place to be, yes got it.

Those underground pathways lead straight to AFO’s hideout, calling it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

"and now that i have painstakingly described the secret mechanisms to ensure UA's security, nothing can possibly go wrong!"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rannum posted:

It's so obvious this is setup in a way that everybody gets their own boss fight.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's so obvious this is setup in a way that everybody gets their own boss fight.

which I am 100 percent OK with.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Leave it to Nezu to build a system that covers roughly 300 miles between UA and Shiketsu in a matter of weeks

Uraraka has been doing a lot of work lately and I love that for her

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Why are all the civilians standing outside in the rain just when they happen to be bringing deku back?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Carlosologist posted:

Leave it to Nezu to build a system that covers roughly 300 miles between UA and Shiketsu in a matter of weeks

he also managed to use more steel than the planet produces in a year. 3000 steel plates? Tracks to move a quarter of a giant school?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Brandfarlig posted:

he also managed to use more steel than the planet produces in a year. 3000 steel plates? Tracks to move a quarter of a giant school?

This is why Momo never wins; she's too tired to fight because she spent all of her offscreen time cranking out steel.

Now she'll solo everyone.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mymla posted:

Why are all the civilians standing outside in the rain just when they happen to be bringing deku back?

I guess they somehow heard they were bringing him there ahead of time?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Uraraka :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If only the principal had installed a back door, all of this could have been avoided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Since Kota is there, I hope he meets Eri and they start a Deku fan club.