Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TVsVeryOwn posted:

this is so confusing, what are we Erasing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x34icYC8zA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

TVsVeryOwn posted:

this is so confusing, what are we Erasing?

h*t*rosexuals

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

hothrosexuals and we thought they smelled bad on the outside

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't believe there are sickos attracted to the planet Hoth from Star Wars

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Rarity, we cool and all, but i would live at that base on Hoth

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

tokin opposition

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
- always cool
- not many visitors
- enough space to run a revolution

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Today's risk of AT-AT attack: very high

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Honestly what if we just, like, lived on HOTH but made it fancy

Like, sort of that industrial post apocalyptic nuclear winter chic

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
Episode 12: The Gentrification of Hoth

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Percy Teatwillow

full disclosure tho i’m down for whatever. space is cool, i could adapt

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mormon Nailer posted:

Like, sort of that industrial post apocalyptic nuclear winter chic

Will there be hot cocoa with marshmallows?

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Queen-Of-Hearts

Can we at least do the edwardian era right this time?

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

This made me remember the ice hotel in Die Another Day, and now I can't stop thinking about Pierce Bronsnan catching a killer wave while parasurfing on an ice floe, and I hate the thread now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

This made me remember the ice hotel in Die Another Day, and now I can't stop thinking about Pierce Bronsnan catching a killer wave while parasurfing on an ice floe, and I hate the thread now.

Better than Golden Eye.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Better than Golden Eye.

GoldenEye was awesome and I'm not just saying this because of the video game.

cruft

Okay so just before lockdown, my family decided we were going to watch every James Bond movie in order.

We now have opinions about every James Bond movie, and let me tell you, friends, Die Another Day does not fare well.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Die Another Day is very very very bad.

I have a bad memory involving GoldenEye playing in the background, so I am biased. I kind of sort of remember the game from college but I was more focused on trying to date this really pretty, really clueless fundamentalist girl because I, too, was clueless.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I think we all agree that Octopussy was just a little, uh, much.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I think we all agree that Octopussy was just a little, uh, much.

I liked the yo-yo henchman, tho.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Die Another Day is very very very bad.

I have a bad memory involving GoldenEye playing in the background, so I am biased. I kind of sort of remember the game from college but I was more focused on trying to date this really pretty, really clueless fundamentalist girl because I, too, was clueless.

Honestly, this sounds exactly like the sort of hopeless and idiotic pursuit I spent most of my time on during high school.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

She's married to a pastor and has seven kids now. I feel like maybe a higher power was protecting me.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

She's married to a pastor and has seven kids now. I feel like maybe a higher power was protecting me.

:hmmyes: you narrowly avoided having seven kids

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't even like kids, I was one, I was awful.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Say if an orb still trying to figure out this whole sexuality and gender thing, are there any threads others can recommend? Or if not maybe other forums/sites?

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
The CCCC trans thread is good for answering questions and pointing people towards resources, the GRS one is a little more slow and academic. The Fabgoons thread is nice too but more just like commiserating and chat ime? I guess it depends on what you're grappling with but I have a little resource list in the CCCC thread's OP which I'm still pretty proud of.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

How Wonderful!

I'm going to be the only trans person in the bridal party of a wedding next week and I don't know anybody other than the bride, so I'm kind of freaking out about being this weird ugly object loafing around in the bridal suite for six hours. I don't know why I get like this, ever since transitioning I could count on two hands the number of times people have been weird to me, which I suppose is low enough that I must be doing something right. But oh I don't know. I feel like a wedding is a time to look lovely and done up all great and I just don't feel that lovely and great lately. This is also gonna be the first time I've seen most of my extended family since I transitioned and I love 'em all but I just have a bad feeling they're going to be benignly weird about it.

Edit: I know I'm being silly, I'm not in exquisite supermodel shape but I exercise regularly and usually eat pretty healthy, it's just hitting me hard right now because the bride is a very very classically pretty, always "on" type person and I ate like half a pound of chili mac earlier which is a ticket to spiral-town.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I feel like it's super valid to worry about things being awkward, especially if it's the first major all of the family function since beginning your transition. I also think you're probably going to be okay, because nobody wants to be lovely on a wedding day unless they're already lovely people. And if they are, they're the ones making the scene and ruining everyone's day while you get to continue being the beautiful bridal party attendant and friend and relative that you are.

We love you. Don't let any potential weirdness on the part of other grown rear end people who can choose not to be that way cloud a great moment.

How Wonderful!

:blush:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Mormon Nailer posted:

I feel like it's super valid to worry about things being awkward, especially if it's the first major all of the family function since beginning your transition. I also think you're probably going to be okay, because nobody wants to be lovely on a wedding day unless they're already lovely people. And if they are, they're the ones making the scene and ruining everyone's day while you get to continue being the beautiful bridal party attendant and friend and relative that you are.

We love you. Don't let any potential weirdness on the part of other grown rear end people who can choose not to be that way cloud a great moment.

This is a good dang post :hai:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

This is a good dang post :hai:

:haibrower: MN nailing it like it was a Mormon

HW, fwiw i think you are very lovely and great - you're posts are often insightful and wise with a palpable sense of humanity that is warm and endearing... and also many of them make me laugh my drat butt off. frankly i feel lucky just to even be able to count you as a posting pal :love:

cruft

Stoner Sloth posted:

frankly i feel lucky just to even be able to count you as a posting pal :love:

Holy hell, me too times twenty.

Queen-Of-Hearts

HW is hands-down one of the finest posters on this here internet

How Wonderful!

Thank you. I will print out some of my best posts and carry them close to my heart (inside bra).

How Wonderful!

I slept on it and got a pedicure and had a long talk with the bride and my brother about family wrangling issues (it's a big, fancy wedding that's sucking up all of their time, so I've been running point in terms of coordinating most of my side of the family) and I'm feeling a lot better. I had a nice long run today and just got some perspective out amongst the trees and the skunks. Thanks for the kind words everybody, I think it'll be fine and if it's not I've never seen most of the people at this wedding before in my life and I'll probably never see them again so I might as well go and eat free risotto and try to be hot given the means at my disposal which I suppose is a fair enough motto for life in general.

more falafel please

forums poster

all I want is to eat free risotto and to be hot, so it sounds like you have a great plan

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Stoner Sloth

hope you have a great time HW!! glad you're feeling a bit better about it and hope u enjoy the free risotto and being hot! :)

Percy Teatwillow

How Wonderful! posted:

I slept on it and got a pedicure and had a long talk with the bride and my brother about family wrangling issues (it's a big, fancy wedding that's sucking up all of their time, so I've been running point in terms of coordinating most of my side of the family) and I'm feeling a lot better. I had a nice long run today and just got some perspective out amongst the trees and the skunks. Thanks for the kind words everybody, I think it'll be fine and if it's not I've never seen most of the people at this wedding before in my life and I'll probably never see them again so I might as well go and eat free risotto and try to be hot given the means at my disposal which I suppose is a fair enough motto for life in general.

I think that a lot of the time, these things usually go much smoother than how we envision them in our heads. it’s def good to mentally prepare for things to go south, but I also would strongly urge you to get Hot As Hell and eat that risotto baby!! it’ll be a swell wedding.

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Not sure if I'm more jealous of HW for getting to be hot as hell or for getting free risotto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I heard there was free risotto and came running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

What's this about hot chicks and free risotto?