Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

vaccination and boosters or whatever isn’t going to help Florida at al anymore

you're 100% correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If I had gotten a Moderna vaccine, I would feel slightly better about having two doses under my belt, six months in, but I really doubt it’s that much better in the longer term. That’s just my feeling, though. We’ve gone over how there’s no real data.

Moderna’s vaccine is not as widely studied and will never be as widely studied because it’s not used in the same volume and in the diversity of countries as Pfizer’s vaccine.

If I had gotten two doses of Moderna’s vaccine, I would be pleased as punch to get a third.

What I got in the winter was Pfizer’s, and I don’t have a strong desire to seek out Moderna for a third (or “first”). I expect that a wider spaced spaced Pfizer vaccine is just as good and having a mixed course might give me paperwork hassles down the road. Besides which, the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine hit me decently hard. I would gladly bear a potentially stronger Moderna reaction if I thought it would do me any good, but I don’t.

Something I would really like to see is a matched cohort study of people who got their Pfizer doses spaced at four weeks because Walgreens was lazy, versus Moderna and three‐week Pfizer. It would answer some questions and it’s doable from a desk.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the only thing that would help florida right now is a lockdown, which isn't going to happen.

what is happening in florida, and all of the people dying (and soon to die) was preventable. basic precautions and vaccinations would have prevented this crisis.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Also make sure to look for great deals on some essential back-to-school goodies!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ajkalan posted:

Also make sure to look for great deals on some essential back-to-school goodies!

Keep your horse inside the barn (safely) with a device that will tell you if the horse has gotten outside the barn.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
the water recedes far into the ocean

revealing all the mud and muck and trash near the shore

adult children cry out with joy, and rush to play in the refuse

a vast and uncompromising wall rises up

heavy and solid, accelerating, inevitable

savor and suffer every moment of anticipation

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Definitely DO NOT respond with a bunch of pictures exactly like that, or reports from districts already closing again due to covid

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
literally, word for word, just had someone say "Covid is over. It's only in people's heads, now."

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

i need a wfh job, gently caress these unmasked sheep at my office

What do you do?

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

Sunny Side Up posted:

the water recedes far into the ocean

revealing all the mud and muck and trash near the shore

adult children cry out with joy, and rush to play in the refuse

a vast and uncompromising wall rises up

heavy and solid, accelerating, inevitable

savor and suffer every moment of anticipation

gently caress smiley glad hands with hidden agendas, gently caress these dysfunctional insecure actresses

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
ron desantis said the only issue is media hysteria and that covid isn't a problem. he also said there's nothing he can do to reach anti-vax people so there's no point in trying. that might sound better if there had been any vaccination outreach from the state government (which there hasn't).

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Sunny Side Up posted:

literally, word for word, just had someone say "Covid is over. It's only in people's heads, now."

I don't think that's right, I think it's in your respiratory tract.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I don't think that's right, I think it's in your respiratory tract.

its also in our hearts

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

antivaxxers? gently caress 'em.

I'm sorry kids are getting screwed. The continued existence of Fox News was a factor in my decision not to have kids, and I'm feeling a bit vindicated now.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sometimes I miss Florida, and think I'll move back if they legalize weed

It may actually be a while before I visit again

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
For anyone looking for another job - The medium/large Company I work for has been amazing and is making A LOT of its roles WFH. (We had 9 new people start yesterday and 6 were remote - Next week is 12 Remote, 2 hybrid, and 3 in Office). Our Intranet indicates we have ~150 openings but I'm not sure how many of these just havent been closed on time.

Edit: We have offices in MA, CA, NV, WA, OR, OK, KS, and NY
PM ME

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Biden is recommending booster shots for people after our hospitals have run out of space? hahahah

Lmao at CSPAM always being ahead of things, I'm guessing they didn't talk about booster shots since they wanted Boomers to get early access?

Lol at Fauci saying for a whole month no evidence that booster shots would be needed / don't worry about it.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

sew their mouths shut

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
also kollecteusa still shipping plenty in stock got an extra 50 bluna kids masks to pass out to other parents so they know their are better options.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

etalian posted:

Lmao at CSPAM always being ahead of things, I'm guessing they didn't talk about booster shots since they wanted Boomers to get early access?

Lol at Fauci saying for a whole month no evidence that booster shots would be needed / don't worry about it.

Another Fauci Flip-Flop

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Stevie Lee posted:

i need a wfh job, gently caress these unmasked sheep at my office

not sure what you're looking for skill and pay wise but dm me, we might be able to work something out if you're in Ohio, Illinois, Arizona, Delaware, or Utah :grin:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

J&J - Zero (0) months

Janssen is the J&J vaccine, hth

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tuo posted:

Janssen is the J&J vaccine, hth

Eight months is a dubious claim.

I hope that helps. :shobon:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Someone give me one of these remote jobs

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
So I should feel superior about Walgreens forcing me to get my Pfizer shots being 4 weeks apart (before they were told to "fix" that)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Deceptive Thinker posted:

So I should feel superior about Walgreens forcing me to get my Pfizer shots being 4 weeks apart (before they were told to "fix" that)

no

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

For anyone looking for another job - The medium/large Company I work for has been amazing and is making A LOT of its roles WFH. (We had 9 new people start yesterday and 6 were remote - Next week is 12 Remote, 2 hybrid, and 3 in Office). Our Intranet indicates we have ~150 openings but I'm not sure how many of these just havent been closed on time.

Edit: We have offices in MA, CA, NV, WA, OR, OK, KS, and NY
PM ME

1) do you mind if i take your info and add it to my JOBS JOBS JOBS copypaste i post every once in a while? i'm working with goons on getting WFH jobs and you're filling a huge amount of states that i can't hire people from (i have OH, DE, AZ, UT, & IL)

2) if yes, can you DM me some of the job postings so i can help people with resume skills?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
thankfully most of my classes this coming semester that i'm attending will be small because there's only a handful of doctoral students in the business and economics departments respectively.

the lovely part is i'll be TAing classes with 60+ people and my school doesn't mandate vaccines.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This feels like it was lifted verbatim from a Twitter post

I was trying to channel D&D, but same difference I suppose.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

1) do you mind if i take your info and add it to my JOBS JOBS JOBS copypaste i post every once in a while? i'm working with goons on getting WFH jobs and you're filling a huge amount of states that i can't hire people from (i have OH, DE, AZ, UT, & IL)

2) if yes, can you DM me some of the job postings so i can help people with resume skills?

Sure thing. It's important to also note that I was just listing where we have offices. We currently have people working in almost every state.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004

Google Butt posted:

What was the masking sitch

I wear my mask everywhere except at work. I know. I do work outside maintaining helicopters that fly oil rig workers out in the gulf. My company actually flys Covid positive and possible Covid infected workers back to land.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

Sure thing. It's important to also note that I was just listing where we have offices. We currently have people working in almost every state.

sent you a couple pm's about it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Sometimes I miss Florida, and think I'll move back if they legalize weed

It may actually be a while before I visit again

desantis openly sacrificing an entire state in hopes it’ll mean he gets the party’s presidential nomination

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

desantis openly sacrificing an entire state in hopes it’ll mean he gets the party’s presidential nomination

you know masks and experimental vaccines is like catnip for the Chud base.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

Another Fauci Flip-Flop

Given his track record on predictions it's hilarious how people even listen to him given the amount of free pre-print studies you can read on things like vaccine breakthrough.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Someone in my neighborhood (very rural) put up a huge sign on the side of the road that says:

gently caress BIDEN
MASK DON’T WORK
WE THE PEOPLE :byodood:

I’d snap a pic but it’s on a 50mph road and I don’t want to stop and have this dipshit try to talk to me about the Chinese hoax virus or whatever.

Also my brother posted a huge rant on Facebook about how the pandemic is like when they stole the Jews guns (??) and killed them
all so he’s not going to be a pincushion. also the vaccine makes you sterile.

Basically we’re all hosed and Thanksgiving will be wild if my brother lives that long

Edit: Also found out this morning my company won’t be bringing anyone back into the office until at least Jan 2022, probably later for my division. At least they’re taking it seriously

Rynn fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 17, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I cringe even thinking about what the 2-3 months will be like in the USA.

Things like ICU capacity have already gone off the rails, pray you did get sick or get a bad fall over the next few months since Chuds
will be burning through all the hospital space.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/LizAnnSonders/status/1427588388866174978?s=19

See people changed their behavior and delta is going away. :)

The economic impact is felt so the recommendations should be removed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

etalian posted:

I cringe even thinking about what the 2-3 months will be like in the USA.

Things like ICU capacity have already gone off the rails, pray you did get sick or get a bad fall over the next few months since Chuds
will be burning through all the hospital space.

It's really a worse situation than we are making it out to be. I mean sure, I am doing stats based on total available beds....but we're looking at Hospitals failing in the South while Boston Hospitals are operating as normal so its not nationwide - yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
There was a company retreat, music festival, charity event last week that most of leadership within my company went to and I skipped for obvious reasons. I got my first text this morning from an attendee who has Covid… what a shock!

I do appreciate them doing their part to ensure the office closes again when there’s a massive outbreak this week.