Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Covid is no longer a big deal because the fake news is not covering it anymore. It was always fake.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
"Fun" West Virginia stats: 3062 breakthrough cases, and 58 breakthrough deaths. gently caress me.

I'm gonna see if I can get a Pfbooster this week. My first dose was back in Dec (hospital goon).

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

vt shouldn't have let joe biden draw their pie chart

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Platystemon posted:

I don’t understand why the software has trouble with long threads.

It only has to display one page at a time. There shouldn’t be a dependence on what’s on on every other page.

look at bottom left and click the dropdown menu. each page is a line. multiply by # of actively browsing users in cspam

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Thoguh posted:

Ice Phisherman is a Tayne alt, right? No one actually engages like that in CSPAM.

I'm too weird to be anyone's alt.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My boss is also very angry about vaxx cards and restaurants. I said private businesses can do what they want this is a free market.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Plank Walker posted:

vt shouldn't have let joe biden draw their pie chart

lmao

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

from a florida covid updates email i got yesterday

lmaooo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

are we though

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol at Florida's case numbers spiking directly up.

lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol at Florida's case numbers spiking directly up.

remember like two days ago when libs on twitter were celebrating what looked to have been a plateau or something on cases lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

osprey posted:

still full bore foaming at the mouth raging and screaming in fury over this

"hungry dogs are obedient dogs"

yea motherfucker that trick works great until you starve the dog too much and it RIPS OFF YOUR loving FACE AND EATS YOUR BALLS

His show kicks rear end because he has this big tough guy persona but as soon as someone tells him to gently caress off and walks out, he immediately starts freaking out and doing damage control

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:thunk:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

starting to think that fall semester might be a disaster

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The pandemic pushed dining out numbers back to 1980s levels, ie dining out has absolutely loving exploded since the 1980s in the US for a bunch of reasons including wallpapering over a real economy that poo poo the bed.

If you're a median middle class white collar worker in America, you don't have a lot of outlets to spend your $66K median household income today like you could in the past. My wife's grandma used to take weekend trips to New York City to go see Broadway theater; most Americans can't afford that anymore even if they live close enough to drive to Manhattan.

They certainly aren't traveling to Europe or any other number of middle class signifiers that were a thing 40-60 years ago.

Eating out is what they've got left to show that they're members of the privileged class, and when their servants opt out of being servants they go apeshit over it.

https://twitter.com/scratchbomb/status/1426222536560361476

Service industry is primarily poc and women. The middle class as a concept is reinforced by temporarily purchasing the services of a servant. Someone who cooks your food, makes your coffee, takes your order, gives you a room at a hotel, cleans that room, etc.

Whether you're being an abusive piece of poo poo or ignoring them or even being friendly, the middle class is still being served and that creates and reinforces class dynamics between the middle class and the working class. It creates hierarchy.

That hierarchy is being challenged because the service industry is breaking down. It has become more expensive to temporarily rent the services of that servant. To treat them like poo poo or be kind or ignore them, doesn't matter, interaction with the service industry is one of the pillars of being middle class.

I have a theory that one of the reasons why there's so much abuse in the service industry now is because the middle class don't get it as much and they're desperately trying to shore up that piece of their identity. Because being a consumer is all a lot of these people have left. Not all of them, but a lot of them have no other identity other than being a consumer and so they're desperate to keep consuming at all costs. That as far as identity goes there's nothing there or at least not enough to sustain them. That if the shelves are empty and there's no one serving them, they have to deal with the fact that they don't know who they are.

yohhoo
Mar 12, 2007

Flatten the curve! (Vertically)

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Were it not covid times, I would absolutely sit through a funeral presentation for a really good Reuben.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

what's even the point of not reporting on weekends, it makes numbers look worse with these huge spikes, not better

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Thoguh posted:

I was making fun of them doing a reddit style 'I enjoy your posting good sir' dive bomb in to the thread.

:whatup:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shifty Pony posted:

got the results of my titer inspection

no big ole honkin titers, but still pretty deece for six months out and a good starting point for launching em into the stratosphere when I get a booster.

do they say 450 is high? you got pfizer right?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
pandemic of the unvaccinatedpeople who have never been denied immediate gratification

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Where's the at home titer test

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

blind posting from 30 pages back, hopefully i haven't been beaten

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
lol ig fox news did an article about breakthrough cases and now I guess taking about breakthrough cases is antivax again

Korean Boomhauer fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 17, 2021

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

creating your own customers! very savvy.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

turd in my singlet posted:

what's even the point of not reporting on weekends, it makes numbers look worse with these huge spikes, not better

Nobody working to report the numbers.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Lovelyn posted:

post pics of the cats

Aye aye cap'n

Sorry for some low quality ones, going through oldies that were compressed etc when taken/shared via Messenger.

Chillin in the Isolation Fort

Just read a dozen pages of Crack-Ping

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I'm in FL and keep hearing about friends' kids and their classmates getting covid. This poo poo sucks.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Animal-Mother posted:

I can't believe there aren't thousands of lawsuits about things like this already. I don't think I've heard of a single one this entire time.

Tbf that poo poo is absolutely clamped down by the media and the red states passed a bunch of liability immunity waivers last year for exactly this lmao

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Golli posted:

Co-worker sounded like crap on a call today. He's fully vaxed, fully wfh.

Asked him if he went to get tested - 'no, it's just a cold. FIrst of all I'm vaxed and I don't even have covid symptoms. I'm not running a fever. I just have a runny nose, chest congestion, headache, lots of sneezing, and generally feel bad.' Thanks to the thread, I was able to provide information that convinced him it could be covid so he has an appointment to get tested.

Thanks thread.

We've got that here too, but it's called "Province on fire". Love breathing the ash of someone else's dreams.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
How long until COVID becomes Marek's disease but in humans?

quote:

But a chicken virus that represents one of the deadliest germs in history breaks from this conventional wisdom, thanks to an inadvertent effect from a vaccine. Chickens vaccinated against Marek’s disease rarely get sick. But the vaccine does not prevent them from spreading Marek’s to unvaccinated birds.

In fact, rather than stop fowl from spreading the virus, the vaccine allows the disease to spread faster and longer than it normally would, a new study finds. The scientists now believe that this vaccine has helped this chicken virus become uniquely virulent. (Note: it only harms fowl). The study was published on Monday in the journal PLOS Biology.

This is the first time that this virus-boosting phenomenon, known as the imperfect vaccine hypothesis, has been observed experimentally.

The reason this is a problem for Marek’s disease is because the vaccine is “leaky.” A leaky vaccine is one that keeps a microbe from doing serious harm to its host, but doesn’t stop the disease from replicating and spreading to another individual.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

omfg

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
meeting your friends for a meal or drinks where one of you doesn't have to play host is good actually, especially if you have a small place, live far apart or you don't know them that well.

I feel like Americans must have a weird relationship to dining out because of how badly service people are underpaid and the whole tipping thing is meant to make you put a price tag on the server.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

turd in my singlet posted:

It really makes it look so much worse. Florida healthcare is collapsing but the intermittent case reports just makes it look like their entire system of recording and tracking cases is breaking down. Along with that plot's y-axis.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

crepeface posted:

meeting your friends for a meal or drinks where one of you doesn't have to play host is good actually, especially if you have a small place, live far apart or you don't know them that well.

I feel like Americans must have a weird relationship to dining out because of how badly service people are underpaid and the whole tipping thing is meant to make you put a price tag on the server.

We had this exact same conversation last summer in the COVID thread driven by the exact same posters that consider any type of situation where you purchase a service to be "renting a servant".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

Tell me when you're done and I'll paste it in.

I think we're good

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3976692&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post517005495