Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lone Badger posted:

How long should I wait before I start enhancing my weapon? Obviously it would have been a waste to cram stuff into the super-early-game stuff...

Right away, really, as long as you need them to keep up with difficulty:

5 stars are always usable and should be leveled, ofc.
4 stars are bread and butter and what you use majority of the time (unless you're a whale), level them for characters who need them.
3 stars are solid start and for some characters can last into late game, don't be afraid to level them in the early game.

Just for a comparison, taking a 3* weapon to 60 (my estimate where you start switching to 4*s) costs only some 100 10k crystals, which is like a sixth of cost of leveling a single 4* weapon to 90.

Also - crystals are basically always available and mostly limited by how much are you willing to farm them daily, especially now with Inazuma crystals added to the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yoimiya much more fun without shimenawa's. lol what a terrible 4pc.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

How long should I wait before I start enhancing my weapon? Obviously it would have been a waste to cram stuff into the super-early-game stuff...

It's actually not a waste, at least not for the weapon EXP. You can take that early-game enhanced weapon and use it to enhance a later weapon to recoup (most/all?) the EXP you put into it. So don't worry about leveling up early-game stuff, it's worth it and not actually costing you much.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Finally got Sayu this morning. :toot:

I appreciate that her burst has the AoE of a drat football field unlike Bennett or Diona's tiny circles. Rolling around is lots of fun.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Finally got Sayu this morning. :toot:

I appreciate that her burst has the AoE of a drat football field unlike Bennett or Diona's tiny circles. Rolling around is lots of fun.

And you can move the daruma around as well! Not that it's needed much, but it's a nice touch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I haven't played at all since late May, I see the new continent is finally out but I tried to go there and found out there's a ton of story quests to go through first, starting with some samurai boy and Beidou. Approximately how long are those gonna take before I can roll over there?

Follow-up, has the game gotten more QoL improvements and character buffs or am I still just playing Ganyu/Zhongli until the end of time?

Kale
May 14, 2010

I never got to play the original Theater Mechanicus so after a couple rounds finally played now I'm not really seeing people's beef with it quite yet. It's just basically tower defense. I thought there would be something really glitchy and totally broken, but it all seems to work as intended. Granted there's a long way to go with like 8 stages left for me or something like that and I can see it being a very time consuming event.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

RealFoxy posted:

I haven't played at all since late May, I see the new continent is finally out but I tried to go there and found out there's a ton of story quests to go through first, starting with some samurai boy and Beidou. Approximately how long are those gonna take before I can roll over there?

Follow-up, has the game gotten more QoL improvements and character buffs or am I still just playing Ganyu/Zhongli until the end of time?

The Beidou and Kazuha quest takes an hour or two and Beidou drops you off in Inazuma afterwards. There's a lengthy quest in Ritou island over there where you will be stuck in customs for a bit longer, but afterwards you're free to explore. There's a good amount of talking involved, so I guess you could just click your way through it and get it done faster.
Not many major buffs have happened outside of the Kazuha patch buffing Elemental Mastery by a lot, which mostly just helped all the Anemo characters. It improved Overload and Electro-charged numbers too, but the big winner was Swirl and people were pretty happy about what it did for Sucrose/Venti.
Zhongli is still king poo poo of not having to play the game and Ganyu still deals a lot of damage, so they haven't gotten less popular. They seem to try to get players to use healers more instead of just crutching on Zhongli, with the introduction of new effects such as Balethunder (unavoidable damage that goes through shields), but we haven't really seen a larger effort in that direction yet.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kale posted:

I never got to play the original Theater Mechanicus so after a couple rounds finally played now I'm not really seeing people's beef with it quite yet. It's just basically tower defense. I thought there would be something really glitchy and totally broken, but it all seems to work as intended. Granted there's a long way to go with like 8 stages left for me or something like that and I can see it being a very time consuming event.

My beef with it is that it's tremendously boring. I'm not a fan of tower defense to begin with and even the Genshin Impact wrapping isn't enough to get me into it. I did the original because I had nothing better to do but now I'm just going to give it a pass, primos be damned. Tower defense sucks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the complaints are largely from the context of having played the first version so yeah, someone who missed or skipped it wouldn't be familiar with the differences in progression and upgrade systems

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mix. posted:

its so funny to me that i knew without clicking that link it was going to be loving tectone

dude used to make arknights content but he took his ball and stormed off when people started roasting him for making really half-cocked un-researched claims about how characters/mechanics worked (which led to misinformation at the time that thankfully never stuck around) which is apparently a pattern considering i've heard he's done similar things for other gachas like summoners war or the seven deadly sins one

what im saying is 100000% do not take any of his advice seriously and also i'd expect eventually he's not gonna be doin genshin content anymore either, lol (history, repeating itself, etc)

i realize this post was from yesterday, but he did it here too: for like 2 weeks prior to her release, Tectone insisted on his stream and on Youtube that Ganyu was going to be a support, not a DPS

hence IWTL's "Ganyu is a support" video

Tectone basically a troll, only watch his videos if you like his big dumb face

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
ofc. Other takes of his were that Ayaka is terrible (post-release), Yoimiya looks really exciting (pre-release), tartaglia is a great main dps (WITHOUT Xiangling or Beidou), Zhong Li is insane (pre-buff). You get more clicks when you say something bizarre. He's so convincing it's actually astonishing how committed he is to the act but I guess that's what it takes to be a twitch millionaire.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Her burst is really good but Ayaka does feel way weaker if you have a bad team that can't battery her so it's understandable that someone would think she was terrible off a first impression.

She also feels like poo against enemies that can't be frozen, including those Kairagi in their enraged state where they're permanently electro-procced.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I've had Sayu at 80+ since release but I'm not at all sure if she's good at fighting yet. I have her equipped mostly with EM Anemo artifacts and a Rainslasher but haven't done abyss with her, just dailies but after Ganyu burst, Kaz burst and rolling around with Sayu she seems to finish everyone off pretty well.

Even if she's not that great, rolling around is a treat.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

dogsicle posted:

the complaints are largely from the context of having played the first version so yeah, someone who missed or skipped it wouldn't be familiar with the differences in progression and upgrade systems

I'm mostly frustrated by some of the changes. I don't know if you can check what buffs you've acquired during the match and it's not clear if some of them stack (such as the one that changes pyro to strike from the sky). I've only unlocked up to level 4, but I'm still having some trouble consistently clearing lv 3, let alone finishing with nothing escaping. The only strategy that's worked so far for me is when electro/pyro isn't on the banned list and I set up 2 pyro for every 1 electro and spam pyro upgrades as much as possible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Just build one tower type (preferably all pyro or all physical but all electro is fine too). The game mode is jank and forcing all buffs onto one tower type trivializes the game. You can use arcanum too to make it even easier.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think overall it feels like there’s less strategy involved in this Theatre Mekkanichus than the last. Like yes the last one was kind of too simple with just you getting more powerful as you unlocked things, but this one feels like there’s not actual strategy involved so much as just fishing for the buffs you are looking for. There’s even quite a few synergy cards but they pale compared to just grabbing atk buffs or the insane ominous buffs.

I unno. I also hate that you can use character attacks/abilities in this and would probably like it less if I couldn’t easily make the towers vastly overpowered and had to contribute.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i believe anything you can pick up multiple times has some degree of stacking effect but i didn't closely monitor them. you can see what buffs and debuffs you have in the stick pulling menu, there is a second header to the right that says "something sticks obtained" and clicking on it gives you that list accounting for any stacked effects.

in terms of clearing i found banishment towers very useful if you get some upgrades on them, the speed reduction is most important but you also want to add some durability to them too. freeze is a pretty strong strat to use even if hydro is banned, the important damage and slowing upgrades are in cryo so you just need the towers there getting stuff wet. anemo towers get quite strong as well and it's easy to get benefits from increasing either their EM or atk. also don't forget you have those little aoe buff towers.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Curious for thoughts on a party update; my go-to group is Diluc, Jean, Fischl (C6), and Childe (C1), but I regularly hate not having a Cryo in the party (electric fatui, certain abyss mages, etc)

I was thinking of dropping Childe for one but I'm not sure who would be best (or if swapping him out would be a bad call)...

Available Cryos: Ayaka C0, Chongyun C6, Ganyu C0, Diona C4, Kaeya C2, Qiqi C0 (none of them leveled terribly high at the moment)

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

Just build one tower type (preferably all pyro or all physical but all electro is fine too). The game mode is jank and forcing all buffs onto one tower type trivializes the game. You can use arcanum too to make it even easier.

So just ignore any buffs like EM or the like if they aren't straight level/dmg increases? I'll give that a shot at least. I managed to get the primo rewards but the mora would be nice as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Her burst is really good but Ayaka does feel way weaker if you have a bad team that can't battery her so it's understandable that someone would think she was terrible off a first impression.

She also feels like poo against enemies that can't be frozen, including those Kairagi in their enraged state where they're permanently electro-procced.

My Ayaka does fine and matches Eula despite having a wolf greatsword, her normals are good just not Big individual DPS because they're sword scaling. Her charge attack is a cheat code for hitting stuff though, especially for aoe.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was disappointed in Ayaka at first and thought she felt awkward but now I absolutely love her and playing her is a blast. Her burst rules, her skill hits harder than I expected, her charge attack is amazing, and I even like her "dash to infuse" mechanic. I think she just works really well.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Ayaya's major downside is if you don't have Mona you can't run a pyro carry. She'll also have to contend with the abyss immediately after the Ganyu rerun, where everything is now immune to freeze. :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can just run Barb though

stuff you can't freeze is fine assuming it has huge poise like Kenki

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well sure, any good character has the potential downside of "someday encounters might be designed in a way that specifically defangs the thing this character does," I guess I'm not particularly worried about that, at least not for a DPS. I sorta bake it into my assumptions about the future that any DPS character I like will eventually fall victim to power creep or, if nothing else, will have situations where they're just not very good. I've been rolling as a Diluc main for a couple months so I'm very familiar with the "christ I wish I had any other element than pyro right now" feeling :v:

I do have to actually level Barbara, though, unless I can put together a non-pyro team to run alongside my Ayaka team for the abyss, and while I do have Ningguang, I don't really have the components required to make a good team for her.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 17, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
are there any non-Yoimiya-havers-or-carers who will let me plunder Naku Weed from their world? this is the loving worst waiting for these lovely plants to regrow so I can get past 70

UID: 606866982

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Non-yoimiya gamers still need to feed 12 per day to that scientist dude for luxurious chests until he stops handing them out.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No they don’t they need to give up their plants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd be kinda surprised if someone hadn't already stocked the 36-48 you need for that

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I spent 9 minutes battling the pyro hypostasis in the abyss and lost, what the gently caress is going on here? I can destroy the 3 flame things in about 2 seconds using barbara and then ?????

He is invincible 99% of the fight and regenerates health. I had XQ and Barbara so the pyro hypostasis was constantly doused but that didn't matter because he'll usually move halfway across the chamber before becoming vulnerable for 1s so I cannot get a single hit in on most cycles.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Sanctum posted:

I spent 9 minutes battling the pyro hypostasis in the abyss and lost, what the gently caress is going on here? I can destroy the 3 flame things in about 2 seconds using barbara and then ?????

He is invincible 99% of the fight and regenerates health. I had XQ and Barbara so the pyro hypostasis was constantly doused but that didn't matter because he'll usually move halfway across the chamber before becoming vulnerable for 1s so I cannot get a single hit in on most cycles.

Once it's doused, it should be like a regular cube fight with the usual vulnerability windows. By doused I mean the shield bar underneath the health bar is gone and they're dull red instead of bright.

I just use Xingqiu's ult immediately as the fight starts to douse then whack it when it's vulnerable. If it tries to reignite, I don't even need to hit with XQ, just running up to the flame things with his swords up do it. Gotta love how rain swords auto aim.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

Pyro cube is a huge pain in the rear end.

The biggest damage window is when it floats up and gets a big circle around itself before shooting projectiles at you -- it's actually vulnerable to damage during the whole move and not just its recovery, so run up and do some invincible burst in its face as soon as it starts.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

i realize this post was from yesterday, but he did it here too: for like 2 weeks prior to her release, Tectone insisted on his stream and on Youtube that Ganyu was going to be a support, not a DPS

hence IWTL's "Ganyu is a support" video

Tectone basically a troll, only watch his videos if you like his big dumb face

Oh I love youtube videos of people making stupid :stonk: faces and saying a whole bunch of nonsense about the video games I play. Can't get enough of them. They're just the best and there need to be more channels like those that glom on to popular games and spew nonsense and trolling about them. Bring on more 6 digit figure view videos on youtube with people saying things like "Is this game dying.....DURRR NOOOOOOOOOOO BUT MY WALLET SURE IS YOU GUYS!" (it's not really a funny joke like sorry folks :shrug:) as well and keep telling the same lame self-deprecating weird rear end jokes over and over forever and ever for every GoS like this forever and ever. Just homogenize the conversation and content even further and inject it into my veins. It's less fun and lowers the quality of conversation that way.

Modern youtube is an absolute plague on quality content and commentary on pop culture, it really just cannot be said enough anymore. Just throwing out the same 5 or so template styles of videos for anything and everything out there and recycling catchphrases and visual gag jokes that really just plain aren't funny at all and pigeonholing literally EVERYTHING into that simplistic frame work of "content" regardless of the things that are actually going on with whatever piece of media they are discussing. I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it if it didn't inevitably start to pollute the greater community for those things as more people that are paying attention to said thing because of the trash videos that youtubers make about them start seizing the mic so to speak. It's definitely starting to happen with Genshin Impact before even it's first anniversary.

e: Apparently this Tectone guy has a reputation for making GBS threads up the communities he tries to glom onto and then just bailing which doesn't even remotely surprise me and seems par for the course for a youtuber.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 17, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can't wait until I'm done with azdaha forever, what a trash fight

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

dogsicle posted:

you can just run Barb though

I've also managed to somehow dodge C2 Barb, so freeze is more of a rare proc. :v:

Harrow posted:

Well sure, any good character has the potential downside of "someday encounters might be designed in a way that specifically defangs the thing this character does"

I was being a little snarky with that, based mainly on my lack of has-owned-all-the-content-for-eight-months Ganyu and the existence of Genshin Impact 2.0: gently caress Venti. No idea if they're going to continue down that path, but reinforcing the FOMO aspect of it ain't great.

Soothing Vapors posted:

are there any non-Yoimiya-havers-or-carers who will let me plunder Naku Weed from their world? this is the loving worst waiting for these lovely plants to regrow so I can get past 70

Get thee to Discord. Between sea mushrooms pre-2.0 and naku weed/sakura blossoms since, people have been whoring out their spawns all over the place.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Started bringing Yoimiya to fights and she's fun to use. Her Q seems to want another DPS to make the most of it though, but that's fine by me. I guess they can't be all Zhongli/Ganyu levels of "you no longer have to interact with game mechanics" though :v: I only have a cheap Shimenawa set on her with a passable pyro goblet, are people using Crimson Witch artifacts with her?

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I just use Xingqiu's ult immediately as the fight starts to douse then whack it when it's vulnerable. If it tries to reignite, I don't even need to hit with XQ, just running up to the flame things with his swords up do it. Gotta love how rain swords auto aim.

The autoaim actually kinda hosed me a bit with Mona because she 1/3 of the time decided she really needed to cast spells on the invincible cube rather than the flame thing right in front of her. Eventually I learned her dash deletes them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mailer posted:

I was being a little snarky with that, based mainly on my lack of has-owned-all-the-content-for-eight-months Ganyu and the existence of Genshin Impact 2.0: gently caress Venti. No idea if they're going to continue down that path, but reinforcing the FOMO aspect of it ain't great.

Yeah, I agree, I guess it just feels... inevitable. I don't like it, but one way or another Mihoyo's going to try to incentivize players to pull new characters any way they can, and while new and exciting characters and playstyles are the most fun way to do that, they're also definitely going to rely on gameplay as well. That'll come in the form of power creep, but also in the form of less directly obsoleting previously-overpowered characters by just making new gameplay situations where they're not nearly as desirable (while also, purely coincidentally, introducing characters who do very well in those situations).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

can't wait until I'm done with azdaha forever, what a trash fight

If it's anything like the Primo Geovishap fight and I get the sense it's even more spongey and resistant to damage then it's not something I quite look forward too once I reach the end of Zhong Li's character story. At least the fight with Childe has the tendency to be kind of technical. He doesn't have a gigantic HP pool (at least on Level 60 where I've been fighting him so far when I do) but you sure don't want to be taking too many hits from him either as they loving hurt.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Azhdaha is very spongey and harshly punishes you for not having a shield*. He also becomes heavily resistant to two elements per fight that change based on the week, so if your best damage-dealer relies on one of those elements, you're going to have a bad time.

I have to fight him a bunch for Ayaka's talents and while I'm having a much easier time with him with Ayaka and Diona on my team, Diona's shield just evaporates so quickly even with as much HP as I can give her that I'm still just burning through stacks of healing food in that fight.

* - By "shield," I mean "Zhongli," because while any shield is better than no shield while fighting Azhdaha, in my experience, Noelle and Diona's shields just can't stand up to that fight if you don't get very good at dodging his elemental attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Traveller posted:

Started bringing Yoimiya to fights and she's fun to use. Her Q seems to want another DPS to make the most of it though, but that's fine by me. I guess they can't be all Zhongli/Ganyu levels of "you no longer have to interact with game mechanics" though :v: I only have a cheap Shimenawa set on her with a passable pyro goblet, are people using Crimson Witch artifacts with her?

The autoaim actually kinda hosed me a bit with Mona because she 1/3 of the time decided she really needed to cast spells on the invincible cube rather than the flame thing right in front of her. Eventually I learned her dash deletes them.

You don't need another character on the field to trigger Yoimiya's Q. You just need another character doing damage. Off-field sub-dps characters like Beidou/Xingqiu/Xiangling can blow it up while Yoimiya is still pew-pewing. Though if you use 4 piece shimenawa that gets a lot worse because doing instant Q E means you lose the shimenawa bonus. 2 Shim + Crimson Witch works better with less maintenance..