Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
The mouse wheel is for jumping.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I’m the only one who uses mousewheel for look up/down???????

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

manero posted:

I’m the only one who uses mousewheel for look up/down???????

It had better be inverted so you're not some kind of scrolling philistine. :colbert:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

caleb posted:

No its for binding fire to both scroll up and down in L4D1 and turning the pistol into a machine gun

Miss that game L4D2 sucked rear end WHY ARE THE SKYBOXES SO SMALL

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

For some reason I thought it was a lot further out, but

quote:

This was a busy week for Project Warlock franchise, as we're nearing the moment where you will be able to play the second game in a series. Between working on the current build of Project Warlock II and fixing bugs that tend to appear in soon to be released games, rethinking certain design choices thanks to supportive friends (hey, Dave!), working on the demo (what DEMO?), and finishing marketing activities we also took part in certain initiatives that you guys might find interesting

Maybe they're ahead of schedule? I thought it was scheduled for 2022 which would certainly not be soon in our hellscape perspective of time lol

e: OH maybe it's gonna launch in Early Access soon? The store page doesn't say that though...

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Pennsylvanian posted:

Doom Eternal's controls feel way better on console than on PC to me.
Too many drat buttons. Expecting me to bind all the weapons around my keyboard when it's already filled with stupid cooldown abilities!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

For some reason I thought it was a lot further out, but

Maybe they're ahead of schedule? I thought it was scheduled for 2022 which would certainly not be soon in our hellscape perspective of time lol

e: OH maybe it's gonna launch in Early Access soon? The store page doesn't say that though...

There’s a Kickstarter up right now and there they say part 1 of 3 will be in EA soon.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

im surprised a lot of you use the mousewheel. it's slow and inaccurate... you should try making individual, easily reachable binds around your movement keys.

e.g., my quake binds i try to match most other games to
code:
bind 1 "impulse 1" //axe
bind 2 "impulse 2" //sg
bind 3 "impulse 3" //ssg
bind f "impulse 4" //nail
bind r "impulse 5" //super nail
bind 4 "impulse 6" //nade
bind q "impulse 7" //rocket
bind e "impulse 8" //lg

Me its
1 axe
2 sg
3 nail
E ssg
Q rl
R super nail
F lightning
G grenade

If the game has a bfg equivalent thats what usually gets prioritized to G, or if its much stronger and rarer ammo X or C. I cant remember what i use to put rail gun on q3

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

caleb posted:

This btw

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Mouse2 (or mouse1? right click) is for jumping, when there's an altfire it goes on space.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Someone post that one tf2 goon's keymapping that poo poo was absurd

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
for blood fresh supply should i just go straight in or are there any fixes and etc.?

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

for blood fresh supply should i just go straight in or are there any fixes and etc.?

I've read that Fresh Supply has a few bugs, such as spray cans doing pitiful amounts of damage.

You might want to check out a Sourceport.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Me its
1 axe
2 sg
3 nail
E ssg
Q rl
R super nail
F lightning
G grenade

If the game has a bfg equivalent thats what usually gets prioritized to G, or if its much stronger and rarer ammo X or C. I cant remember what i use to put rail gun on q3

R stands for railgun imo. I usually put uncommon stuff like bfg or the q3a chain gun on X, C, or Z too. A lot depends on whether the game has leaning, reloading, or needs a toggle crouch (which I always put on X)

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

PepsimanVsJoe posted:

I've read that Fresh Supply has a few bugs, such as spray cans doing pitiful amounts of damage.

I’m pretty sure they fixed that particular bug as well as a number of others, though crushing ceilings still don’t reliably hurt in my experience. It’s a pretty good way to play the game, and Made to Order difficulty is really, really great in and of itself.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
F is super shotgun key, LG goes on a side mouse button

rockets go on Lshift unless there's something else that needs to go there

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
EA explains botched decision to remove Ultima Underworld and Syndicate from GOG

quote:

"When making decisions that affect players we take the time to review exactly what the potential impacts are and whether they serve the players' best interests," Bruzzo said. "When we delisted Syndicate and Ultima Underworld we missed that step and so didn't fully consider the players perspective."

The backlash was enough to prompt EA to walk the whole thing back, and to run the month-long giveaway as a sort of mea culpa for stressing everyone out. Bruzzo also promised that EA will ensure "that going forward we have a process in place that considers the player perspective in listing decisions."

I... still don't understand?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That sure is some meaningless corporate speak.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How is Hexen 2? It's one I've kinda always given a pass on out of just never hearing much of about it / having the impression it wasn't great.... but I feel like I've gotten some impression lately that it's..not bad? It's on a deep discount on steam right now so I'm wondering if I should grab it, and if there's anything I should know going in if I do.

e: Quakecon sale and Quake 1 isn't on sale???

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
EA: "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxyclean posted:

e: Quakecon sale and Quake 1 isn't on sale???

Maybe when the actual event starts. They made it free last year.

renzollama
Jul 16, 2017
Made the mistake of looking closely at the QuakeCon schedule, so depressing to see how Bethesda has turned it into a marketing event for their other properties. It's about 50% elder scrolls / fallout 76, 30% deathloop, and 20% id stuff (most of which looks like shallow fluff). At least realms deep happened beforehand to cushion the disappointment.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

There was just a patch for the Cultic demo that changed the color pallet around a bit to make things easier to see and some bind options. Haven't tried it yet myself tho. I wonder if the dev is going to release new levels as he finishes them or if the demo is all we're getting until final release. :ohdear: I need more of it in my veins STAT.

Also, according to a post he made, that poo poo's only been in dev since around January of this year. What. How. What!

Also also, further development of the DX lipsync mod:

https://twitter.com/dhindes/status/1427604565185024001

Do these have anything to do with the ALAudio patch for Deus Ex on the oldunreal forums? This one doesn't have a whole lot of detail listed other than "lipsynch support." I can't get a comparison at the moment cause my dx install is a mess of different mods and my old cfgs are missing, but I remember this ALAudio version looked pretty good, faster and more accurate, but it didn't have that smooth tweening.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

I'm not sure if anyone has shared this one yet

the music and game play seem pretty tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvPENCxA44

It looks like one of those deals where scoring precision kills rewards you with goodies. Cyberpunk's not exactly my scene but it looks pretty good so far!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

caleb posted:

The mouse wheel is for firing infinity bullets per second with the Half-Life 2 pistol.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

PepsimanVsJoe posted:

That stuff got pilloried by Civvie shortly after release, and then promptly got fixed enough that he issued a second video saying it got fixed.

Also it includes Made to Order mode which is the best way to play Blood imo. Max enemies, minimum enemy health, TNT, :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

edit: I mean now I want to play Blood, and I have to work. drat

Convex fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 18, 2021

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Hasturtium posted:

I’m pretty sure they fixed that particular bug as well as a number of others, though crushing ceilings still don’t reliably hurt in my experience. It’s a pretty good way to play the game, and Made to Order difficulty is really, really great in and of itself.

The crushing ceiling thing is due to a rather frustrating design decision to build them around a physics bug that killed players if they were in a too small sector (the bug being that the player could trigger this simply by moving fast enough at a sector, even if it wasn't even moving), rather than any actual sector effect. If I can get depot access back, it's on the shortlist of fixes.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Huh?? Huh????? Huh??? Huh?? ? ? ?? ??

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

Fresh Supply right now is the best way to play Blood until someone decides to make a proper source port (unlikely) that makes it playable at doom/duke3d levels. Death Wish has a compatible version with Fresh Supply and I'd go with it over DOS Blood + dosbox.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Huh?? Huh????? Huh??? Huh?? ? ? ?? ??

“We saw some weird entries that we've never seen before in our hat-store sales lists, so we thought it was a clerical error and had them pruned. Only later did we realise that these are something called ‘classic games’ that people apparently buy from us for some reason. It came as a bit of surprise since we had never really looked at it from that angle, but we like when people buy from us, so we reinstated their ability to do so.”

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Fresh Supply right now is the best way to play Blood until someone decides to make a proper source port (unlikely) that makes it playable at doom/duke3d levels. Death Wish has a compatible version with Fresh Supply and I'd go with it over DOS Blood + dosbox.
Raze runs Blood just fine, I do prefer Fresh Supply because of Made to Order though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Raze lacks Made To Order or the angelscript modding stuff from Fresh Supply, but it's got a number of mapping and map-scripting improvements from nBlood that allow for the up and coming new generation of custom maps to be played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvXggp00if4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Apologies if this is a repost, I didn't see any mention of it in the past few pages, but I could've just missed it.

John Romero is making Sigil 2, but with Doom 2 this time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I was seeing in some comments saying that Romero also intends to do a Quake map pack?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Apologies if this is a repost, I didn't see any mention of it in the past few pages, but I could've just missed it.

John Romero is making Sigil 2, but with Doom 2 this time.

It has been know since some months ago, but he didn't make a great announcement about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mouse wheels were kinda bad back in the day so I've never bound it to anything in FPS games.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
yeah fresh supply seems to be good but it's really fuckin hard. i tried it on well done, got owned massively. got through the first few levels on lightly broiled, still getting owned a lot.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Mouse wheels were kinda bad back in the day so I've never bound it to anything in FPS games.

And lots of FPS games didn't play well with them until very late 90's. Counter-Strike (beta days) was when I really started to use the mouse wheel and I never used "next" or "previous" weapon but individual weapon binding paired with 'hud_fastswitch 1', that way no matter how lovely your wheel was, it would be 'bind mwheelup slot1' and 'bind mwheeldown slot2'. When I got used to that, coming back to Quake 3 or UT99 made me bind individual weapons to keys too and I try to do that with any game nowadays, including mouse side buttons.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Foul Fowl posted:

yeah fresh supply seems to be good but it's really fuckin hard. i tried it on well done, got owned massively. got through the first few levels on lightly broiled, still getting owned a lot.

If I remember right, isn't Lightly Broiled basically as difficult as Shadow Warrior's highest difficulty (no pain, no gain)?

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

Part of it IMO is that Blood's first couple levels are among the hardest in the game. Cultists are dangerous as hell, especially when you have hardly any weapons/ammo, and healing items are inexplicably rare.

The level layouts are also a bit brutal. First thing you run into at the funeral home are cultists raining dynamite from above.