Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gregg abbott is the handsomest man on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
🎶THE SARS ARE BRIGHT🎵
🎵ON THE MRI🎶
🎵 COUGH COUGH COUGH 🎶
🎵DEEP IN THE LUNGS OF ABBOTT🎶

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

Would it be funnier if he was unvaccinated and dies, or if he got J&J and dies

I can't decide

I'm glad I didn't get the single dose Walmart vaccine.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

So I am assuming the big push for these now is because the company doesn't want to lose money so they are just getting republicans to shill for it.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao maybe abbott is on a vent right now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

inshallah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why won’t one of these nazi ghouls die from this god drat

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Never trust a pharmacist who calls themselves Dr.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

euphronius posted:

why won’t one of these nazi ghouls die from this god drat

We live in a world where pizza places precut calzones.

Nothing good ever happens.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

I was a little suspicious since if he's asymptomatic and vaccinated, why was he still getting tested?

edit: just like the tweet says as well lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

Seems more likely that they just gave him the Trump special the second he tested positive than anything else given that there is video of him in public from less than 24 hours ago.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1427738971514318858

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Delta is gonna wipe out chud politicians tbh

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
the best fate for abbot would be tubed and vented, then a heat wave knocks out the power infrastructure for texas and in some snafu his vent life support system goes down for 30 minutes or so

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"case growth has slowed" is a hilarious way to frame 'cases are still growin'

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Rich and powerful people get tested regularly they don't listen to the CDC and only get tested if they start having symptoms.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

*Gangs of New York-ishly* I'm here to present for the Dead Abbots!

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

We need a much bigger fish than Herman Cain. We deserve this.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

all of the rich and powerful would be getting daily COVID tests if they had any sense, but ya know...

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

LMAO

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

only thing i'd change is having respirator crew hit delta with the last ball labeled "max titer's 5th booster shot"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

inshallah

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao i've noticed a change in the media tone in the last week where it's no longer hyper focus on "only unvaccinated people get sick" but now "waning immunity is making people sick"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/breakthrough-infections-covid-vaccine/2021/08/17/44ebcaaa-fea0-11eb-85f2-b871803f65e4_story.html

quote:

Officials in the Biden administration responsible for communicating with the public have repeatedly said this has become a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.” Such words may not ring true to people who got their coronavirus shots and still became sick.

A growing number of studies suggest that coronavirus vaccines continue to provide strong protection against severe disease and hospitalization, but their ability to prevent mild illness is less robust today than the original clinical trial studies demonstrated a year ago.

The virus has mutated. The delta variant is rampant. Some elements of immunity may be gradually waning for people who got shots many months ago. New research studies in the United States, Israel, Britain and Qatar have shown a partial erosion in the effectiveness of vaccines against mild to moderate infections. Immunocompromised people are winding up hospitalized despite being vaccinated.

People should expect to roll up their sleeves again. Boosters are coming. The Biden administration is finalizing plans to authorize boosters for people who are eight months past their last shot.

The vaccines remain remarkably effective at the crucial task of keeping vaccinated people with breakthrough infections out of the hospital or the morgue, according to infectious-disease experts. The vaccines are clearly the best weapon against the virus.

But vaccine proponents say the public should be realistic about what vaccines can do. The shots don’t create an impermeable protective sheath. Instead, the vaccines prime multiple elements of the immune system to recognize and respond to coronavirus infections and rapidly clear the virus. Getting a little bit sick post-vaccination doesn’t mean the shots didn’t do their job.

the blue lib media painted itself into a corner demonizing covid positive folks as unvaccinated scum and now have to rationalize them and their vaccinated brunch crowd popping positive left and right as delta surges through the coasts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

also the police, for how the poll how half of them said they would refuse to be vaccinated

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
abbott dying of covid would be really funny for 5 minutes until dan patrick becomes new governor. texas is a bad state, i hate it here

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

lol if the elites have been thinking "who cares about covid, i'll just buy the trump cocktail if i need it" but it doesn't work for delta

yes please god lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
20,000 mississippi students are in quarantine

https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/news/local/2021/08/17/covid-mississippi-children-20-000-students-quarantine/8171250002/

quote:

JACKSON — A top Mississippi health official said Tuesday that about 20,000 students are currently quarantined for COVID-19 exposure in the state — 4.5% of the public school population, according to the state's latest enrollment figures.

The data comes from reports made by 800 schools to the Mississippi State Department of Health last week, Mississippi State Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers said during a call with state pediatricians.

“These disruptions ... are going to continue for a while," Byers said to members of the Mississippi Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics.

twenty thousand !!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Gin Palace posted:

abbott dying of covid would be really funny for 5 minutes until dan patrick becomes new governor. texas is a bad state, i hate it here

More like texass!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfla.com/news/hillsborough-county/8k-hillsborough-co-students-in-quarantine-isolation-due-to-covid-19/amp/

Hillsborough is up to 8k or around 4% if totals students quarantined within 7 days of school starting.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

osprey posted:

lol if the elites have been thinking "who cares about covid, i'll just buy the trump cocktail if i need it" but it doesn't work for delta

yes please god lmao

it would seriously own if the magic elixers for the rich failed

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Monoclonals are cool and good and when used at the right time are extremely effective.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

osprey posted:

yes please god lmao

it's hosed up he's getting the adrenochrome imo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cr0y posted:

Monoclonals are cool and good and when used at the right time are extremely effective.

Much like my posting!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao LA is mandating masks at "mega events" that are outdoors like state fairs, concerts, etc

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/local-news/outdoor-mask-mandate-los-angeles-mega-events-1234998825/

quote:

Time to mask up at outdoor “mega-events,” such as concerts, fairs, festivals and sporting events, per new guidelines issued by the L.A. County Department of Public Health.

The new order goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday and will require all attendees of large-scale gatherings to wear a facial covering “except when actively eating or drinking.” A mask mandate had already been in place for indoor spaces like gyms, restaurants, bars and movie theaters since July 17 due to rising transmission of the infectious COVID-19 delta variant, and applies to all residents “regardless of vaccination status.”

bUt LoLlApAlOoZa WaS sAfE!!!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

cr0y posted:

monoclonals cant do poo poo, they only have one measly clonal

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1427762940518752257?s=21

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Vox Nihili posted:

Delta take my energy

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Shear Modulus posted:

gregg abbott is the handsomest man on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1427761231801237504

ahahahaahaha they're all so evil