Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

net work error posted:

It was always cube. We thought it was :orb: but it was cube all along. Time Cube warned us

Corsi cube six side virus defense repel particles trap them stronger than gravity keep child lungs juice free and hearts beating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar
it owns so much we continue to force teachers to spend their own money making loving box fan cubes yet can give the pentagon an extra $25 billion to piss away

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Your state claims to be progressive, but texas is actively trying to kill their governer.

Check mate, statists.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

Yeah also when Chud politicians get sick from COV19 they get the best medical possible to keep them alive.

Even though they are putting their dumb fanbase for higher level of risk due to things like lack of insurance.

State reps like that guy from Wisconsin and local right wing radio hosts are when the action is for schadenfreude. Any governor or federal level politician is gonna be absolutely fine unless they drink thier own bath water to hard and actually aren't vaxxed and also refuse treatment.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Time for the 1pm Jacinda and Ashley presser. Hoping for a mask mandate

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Complications posted:

:getin:

One more goon belly flops onto the pile.

Thank you so much

Business Gorillas posted:

Hi so I'm pretty drunk rn and idk what this is but if you need help staying out of a covid pit, just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it

I just need some pro-mask responses to this survey: https://pastebin.com/VnnXWq5hH

Zisky posted:

It's nice knowing that this thread will always have your back.

Same :unsmith:

frh fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 18, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

these cubes are going to become ubiquitous lol. good symbol of the future right here.

if there were any manufacturing left, you could Invoke 'P' and build thousands of these

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SKULL.GIF posted:

do these box fans actually do anything? my first intuition is to think it's bullshit since students breathing out covid particles would spread to other students before it hit the box fan

They help reduce the circulation of fine particulates suspended in the air that virions cling to. They won't do much about large droplet exposure. I think it's the kind of thing where vaccinations + cubes + masks would currently provide enough mitigations to significantly reduce outbreaks in something like schools, but lol we're going to do like one of those at a time at most.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck gently caress fuckity loving gently caress fucker

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1427797631812603905

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

this assumes we do something in the next two weeks. whenever we get around to doing something, the peak will be 6 weeks later. "doing something" might end up being a panic when we breach 10k deaths a day.

Yeah "the worst" never comes until we try to make it better.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Be sure to tell your kids to be sure to get the desk next to the air cube.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Efb

Sydney/NSW covid cases jumped by almost 200 in one day... NBD

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1427797631812603905?s=19

This is months into lockdown for those not following closely.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Helith posted:

your chud governor is trying to kill the country lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Helith posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8MzYclx5I

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Judakel posted:

Premier* Gladbags Butterchicken, seppo

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Louisgod posted:

it owns so much we continue to force teachers to spend their own money making loving box fan cubes yet can give the pentagon an extra $25 billion to piss away

an extra 25 billion???!?

did we finally cut their budget?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Third World Reagan posted:

Your state claims to be progressive, but texas is actively trying to kill their governer.

Check mate, statists.

lol

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Judakel posted:

Gladys, show me exponential growth

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Efb

Sydney/NSW covid cases jumped by almost 200 in one day... NBD

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1427797631812603905?s=19

This is months into lockdown for those not following closely.

so is the rest of the nation just going to cut off sydney/NSW forever? the obvious solution is to do that until NSW actually gets its poo poo together, but what if that is never?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Kestral posted:

Finally, if you were in my position and you could give a COVID safety briefing to a receptive audience of homeschooled teens who will disseminate the information to their peers, is there anything else you'd tell them to improve their safety? Elastomerics will be brought up, rest assured.
Treat covid like everyone is smoking, and if you might smell cigarette smoke, you need to wearing a 95%+ mask.

You know how sometimes you can get a wiff of smoke from someone far away, and sometimes you can walk by a smoke and not smell anything? Or how inside a room there's no escaping the smoke? Treat covid like that.

younger people might not die too often, but brain fog sucks, and heart problems break your dick.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Stereotype posted:

so is the rest of the nation just going to cut off sydney/NSW forever? the obvious solution is to do that until NSW actually gets its poo poo together, but what if that is never?

yes

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
LOL the nz delta cases originated in NSW Australia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Build a build beautiful wall and make them pay for it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Stereotype posted:

Yes. Melbourne/Victoria was cut off for almost all of 2020 and no one gave a poo poo/lived covid free happily. We don't need Sydney either.

Worth noting that the NSW Premier did NOT want to close the border to Victoria during our spike but our Premier begged her to do it for the sake of the country. Her dumb rear end has consistently railed against state border closures.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 18, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
ugh can we just get to the mass death part where everyone panics and we go into a chaotic lockdown? i'm tired of waiting to be proven right and have everyone do what i've been bitching about for months.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Do Australian states have national guard forces? It's not too late to setup a cordon sanitaire

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lmao the nz outbreak has been linked to NSW's outbreak

:argh: gladys :argh:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Louisgod posted:

but corsi cubes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
200 cases is only a big deal if your goal is to keep cases to 0. open biden.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

slinkimalinki posted:

Was fully expecting that news

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nothus posted:

Do Australian states have national guard forces? It's not too late to setup a cordon sanitaire

The military has been involved with covid enforcement for a long time.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

slinkimalinki posted:

really? the bubble was closed weeks ago, or is it a NZ national/pr who came home from NSW?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pamela Springstein posted:

200 cases is only a big deal if your goal is to keep cases to 0. open biden.

That is the goal of non suicidal nations, yes.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol nsw skipping the 500s

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1427797640570294275?s=20

these numbers are always the most terrifying to me

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

They help reduce the circulation of fine particulates suspended in the air that virions cling to. They won't do much about large droplet exposure. I think it's the kind of thing where vaccinations + cubes + masks would currently provide enough mitigations to significantly reduce outbreaks in something like schools, but lol we're going to do like one of those at a time at most.

Agree, they're definitely not getting you anywhere near cleanroom status, but it's a relatively inexpensive and unobtrusive way to drop a few more percentage points off your risk, just don't go full Open Biden and throw away your masks and vaccines because you have a sweet cube. I'll take all the reductions I can get. If nothing else I can notice a difference just in allergies that justify the cost for me. Probably helpful in perpetually on fire states too.

To be honest I'm kinda wondering if I can stuff some UVC lights into my HVACs air handler too

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Ordered some 7093s from pksafety.com on Saturday and they shipped yesterday, if anyone is looking for respirator sources. I got my 6000 series and some pancake filters from them last winter on a goon's recommendation (they were out of stock of the 7093s at the time)

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

You know what, I'm going to check out of covid news today, it's too much stress right now
see you all tomorrow

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blooster posted:

Thank you so much

I just need some pro-mask responses to this survey: https://pastebin.com/VmXWq5hH

Same :unsmith:

It's asking me for a students last name. How many smiths do you have at your school?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Stereotype posted:

ugh can we just get to the mass death part where everyone panics and we go into a chaotic lockdown? i'm tired of waiting to be proven right and have everyone do what i've been bitching about for months.

Best i can do is just the panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Love to put Anti-vaxers on the County health board mid-pandemic.

https://twitter.com/audreydutton/status/1427665363517337603?s=20