Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lol at Gladys saying their lockdown is extremely harsh/harshest we've ever seen while we in Melbourne have a 9pm curfew and closed everything, including outdoor playgrounds, for what is now 3% as many cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Premier* Gladbags Butterchicken, seppo

A face like a hen laying razors.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Helith posted:

You know what, I'm going to check out of covid news today, it's too much stress right now
see you all tomorrow

cya. we'll be here when you get back (though around 1000 americans won't be)

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
My room is really dusty for some reason and I always wake up in the morning with crap in my lungs. Will these filter boxes help with that?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

mrbotus posted:

My room is really dusty for some reason and I always wake up in the morning with crap in my lungs. Will these filter boxes help with that?

Those are fomites stupid

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Love to put Anti-vaxers on the County health board mid-pandemic.

https://twitter.com/audreydutton/status/1427665363517337603?s=20
Dr. Ryan Cole, an independent pathologist in Garden City, spoke at a conference in Texas late last month dismissing COVID-19 vaccines.

“I don’t even like calling it a vaccine – an investigational vaccine,” Cole said.

Someone in the crowd characterized it as a “fake vaccine.”

“A fake vaccine, OK,” Cole said. “The clot shot, needle rape, whatever you want to call it,” he said to a laughing audience.

After his comments about the "fake vaccine," Cole then claimed more than 11,000 people had died from the vaccine – pointing to an unverified database to which anyone can submit information.

“This is no longer good science,” he said. “This is a poisonous attack on our population and it needs to stop now.”

edit: holy poo poo this video intro

https://americasfrontlinedoctors5.com/videos/summit-sessions-the-science-ryan-cole-md-covid-19-vaccines-autopsy/

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 18, 2021

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

mrbotus posted:

In my experience: yes. But you should still dust/vacuum if you're a slacker in that regard (I am).

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

do these box fans actually do anything? my first intuition is to think it's bullshit since students breathing out covid particles would spread to other students before it hit the box fan

yeah its bullshit

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Apraxin posted:

Dr. Ryan Cole, an independent pathologist in Garden City, spoke at a conference in Texas late last month dismissing COVID-19 vaccines.

“I don’t even like calling it a vaccine – an investigational vaccine,” Cole said.

“A fake vaccine, OK,” Cole said. “The clot shot, needle rape, whatever you want to call it,” he said to a laughing audience.

After his comments about the "fake vaccine," Cole then claimed more than 11,000 people had died from the vaccine – pointing to an unverified database to which anyone can submit information.

“This is no longer good science,” he said. “This is a poisonous attack on our population and it needs to stop now.”

lol it's never going to end

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

It's asking me for a students last name. How many smiths do you have at your school?

i used davis

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Apraxin posted:

edit: holy poo poo this video intro

https://americasfrontlinedoctors5.com/videos/summit-sessions-the-science-ryan-cole-md-covid-19-vaccines-autopsy/

old news, i remember these chumps from early in the rona cycle

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1425862297835216899

What if DeSantis is just letting Regeneron sell off their excess supply to old people who are going to die anyway

They're sending "strike teams" into poorer areas of the United States but it's totally ok because they will be distributing vaccines to the places they go to.

People sure get off on war around here.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Holy poo poo all of New Zealand is locking down over one case?

Any NZ goons wanna marry me and my wife?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

do these box fans actually do anything? my first intuition is to think it's bullshit since students breathing out covid particles would spread to other students before it hit the box fan

They are a low cost HEPA filter so presumably yes, since HEPA filters that regularly cycle the air in a space are a recognized mitigation step. They probably aren't gonna be as good as a real air filtration box but they are definitely gonna be better than nothing.

One thing they are always missing through is the carbon prefilter that all air filters have that catches all the big stuff before it gets to the more expensive HEPA part.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1425862297835216899

What if DeSantis is just letting Regeneron sell off their excess supply to old people who are going to die anyway

The pissed off looking lady in the mask is cspam

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zisky posted:

My kiwi wife and I will marry you if we can live together in Auckland since we wouldn't independently be able to afford housing there.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zisky posted:

it's 5 cases now!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

so from my limited american perspective, it sounds like NSW is the florida analogue

Zisky
May 6, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My kiwi wife and I will marry you if we can live together in Auckland since we wouldn't independently be able to afford housing there.

Fortunately we're looking for a house! Can my dog come? He can't do tricks but he'll love you forever for a bowl of milk.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Louisgod posted:

it owns so much we continue to force teachers to spend their own money making loving box fan cubes yet can give the pentagon an extra $25 billion to piss away

Why do you hate Afghan women? That money is necessary to secure a stable and free Afghanistan. Speaking of which, I haven't checked the Mideast thread in a while, I wonder how the peace deal is holding up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

T-Paine posted:

https://twitter.com/jayobtv/status/1427763084593074178
I believe Desantis hates Florida and wants it destroyed, and I mean

I can't wait for the court ruling that it's legal to remove elected school board members and replace them with anti-vax anti-mask chuds because the state has emergency powers because of the covid crisis.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
FINALLY got my husband to agree to wear a KN95 at indoor residency events. I asked if I should buy, like, 100 and he said, “I don’t want boxes and boxes of masks lying around the house. If I like them, we can always buy more!!!”

lol this düdühead :doh:

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~
this doesn't look so good

Phil valentine update. Be isnt lookin so hot.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

On the contrary I think you'll find that it in fact rules.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WampaLord posted:

so from my limited american perspective, it sounds like NSW is the florida analogue

It's a mystery where all these new cases are coming from!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Otter_Sauce posted:

In the state he's in they're just prolonging his suffering by not pulling him off the vent. Maybe if they pray hard enough a miracle will happen and his lungs will uncheesify, though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Otter_Sauce posted:

Is it opposite day, or...

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Otter_Sauce posted:

what if it later comes out that phil was quietly released from the hospital in 24 hours, he skipped off to mexico, and is milking everyone for an on-going gofundme to pay for his month long plus hospital bills lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

durrneez posted:

FINALLY got my husband to agree to wear a KN95 at indoor residency events. I asked if I should buy, like, 100 and he said, “I don’t want boxes and boxes of masks lying around the house. If I like them, we can always buy more!!!”

Spreadsheet entry changed from yellow to red. Do you not have a drawer, pantry, closet, cardboard box? Your husband is a dumbass.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
3rd shot of Moderna flowing through my arm and it's starting to hurt like a sonofabitch

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
mmmmm that new tesla looks really cool... honey, go post some more photos with the tubes on me. tell 'em we need money and we need prayer right now. but mostly money

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

Zisky posted:

On the contrary I think you'll find that it in fact rules.

Oh yeah I do not like this dood. 🤣 I forgot to make that painfully known in my post. I just can't imagine being in the hospital for a whole month. Must be a loving lovely experience.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If he hadn't had that vaxx it probably would've killed him.

:snoo:

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

durrneez posted:

:lol: what? It's like the size of a box of tissues and doesn't go rancid or anything. Is he familiar with cabinets?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Abbott should get therapy for his anxiety.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Greg Abbott wouldn't be able to post on D&D due to being too much of a COVID doomer.

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

mod sassinator posted:

what if it later comes out that phil was quietly released from the hospital in 24 hours, he skipped off to mexico, and is milking everyone for an on-going gofundme to pay for his month long plus hospital bills lol

Look I wouldn't put it past his family to have a GoFundMe me to pay for his medical expenses. You know... Cause America has "best health care in the world"👍👍👍👍
But poo poo maybe, he shouldn't have been such a poo poo head with the vax messaging. Like why can't we just vax up and mask up. It is really not that hard. Anyway. Lol imao

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Google Butt posted:

Spreadsheet entry changed from yellow to red. Do you not have a drawer, pantry, closet, cardboard box? Your husband is a dumbass.

He’s not the brightest in some ways but at least is content with eating rice and beans/soylent, cuts his own hair, and is an introvert.

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

Thoguh posted:

Greg Abbott wouldn't be able to post on D&D due to being too much of a COVID doomer.

They should just preemptively put him on probation in D&D for even mentioning that he got a booster. Why would he spread such anti science when the CDC has yet to give their magical recommendation🙄🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Attn: Idaho Goons

Sorry about your failing liver
https://twitter.com/audreydutton/status/1427732653285928964?s=20