Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Can someone repost that gif of the motorcycle crash where the one guy dodged 4 bikes and it was caught in slow Mo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pictures, folks, pictures

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i like the chest piece with the lady giving a massage to a lion

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

More of a cold stare if you ask me.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Not a picture (sorry), but I believe the letter exchange between the Zaporozhian Cossacks and the Sultan of Turkey has been mentioned itt before.
Letters Live has just posed a video of the letters being read by Olivia Coleman and Adrian Edmondson, and it's wonderful.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Lady Disdain posted:

Not a picture (sorry), but I believe the letter exchange between the Zaporozhian Cossacks and the Sultan of Turkey has been mentioned itt before.
Letters Live has just posed a video of the letters being read by Olivia Coleman and Adrian Edmondson, and it's wonderful.

Here's the picture.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Years ago they had Peter Capaldi read it as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQTlT8-qYUk

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Cooked Auto posted:

Years ago they had Peter Capaldi read it as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQTlT8-qYUk

The Capaldi version is so good.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
"gently caress thy mother" has always been my favorite part of that letter. They basically use it to conclude every paragraph of insults. An insult that stands the test of time!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Oh, and Matt Berry ! I had no idea that version existed; thanks for posting it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qxxqkwOU2V1qzo3c9.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Holy poo poo, that's astoundingly fast.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sorcery!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Loses a bit of the pizzazz without the enormous spray of blood.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I've watched that clip at least a couple dozen times and still don't understand. Is he abusing the flexibility of the katana's blade so that he can quickly unsheathe it a little bent? It looks like he hits a button on the hilt to make that poo poo pop out like a lightsaber :psyduck:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

thecluckmeme posted:

I've watched that clip at least a couple dozen times and still don't understand. Is he abusing the flexibility of the katana's blade so that he can quickly unsheathe it a little bent? It looks like he hits a button on the hilt to make that poo poo pop out like a lightsaber :psyduck:

Left hand goes backwards to help clear the sheath.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I assume the sheath must have a slot in the side that goes most of the way down in order to make that draw possible at all

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean you can clearly see he pulls the sheath back a good deal while he pulls the sword the other way a good deal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that's also not quite a full length katana, looks a bit shorter than they sometimes are.

Not that they have strict lengths but it would be harder with a longer sword.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Aug 18, 2021

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Not like the other guy was slow, either

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

He has the wrobg katana, which uses an illegal form of speed. He's really bad

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/lsjngs/status/1427547417151344651

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Behold, the rare badass use of a home 3D printer

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can the printer fix that sole after it wears down a bit or would they need to repeat the whole thing once every few months?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
In this particular instance, given that we're talking about a kid's shoe, I'd dare say she'd outgrow the shoes before that became an issue. For adult shoes, I've no idea.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Printing directly on the worn riser will be pretty difficult since it's not a flat shape, but I assume that you can print a very thin patch to match the wear and then bond it to the sole.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It'd take a trivially small amount of time & effort to just print the entire riser again, just pop the old one off and glue the newly printed one in place and you're good to go

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
He has the sword gripped up by the hilt, then he's pulling the sheath back pretty far quickly, taking a half-step back as he draws.

All those little bits add up to a huge amount of space to draw and counter.

If you watch it frame by frame you can see the sheath being moved quite a bit.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

By popular demand posted:

Can the printer fix that sole after it wears down a bit or would they need to repeat the whole thing once every few months?

Yeah, OP says "pink were last year's" so you can see the amount of wear they get and how they hold up

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

That's pretty much what perfected Iaido is. Goddamn impressive.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

BrianBoitano posted:

Anyway I'm just impressed with the print quality - printing with TPE is a bitch and most prints I've tried with it went wrong (as compared to ABS/PLA).

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Why don't they simply lower the other leg?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mauser posted:

That is a real treatment.

The short leg can be surgically lengthened, the long leg can be surgically shortened, or, in a growing child, the long leg’s growth can be retarded so that the other leg catches up.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

No leg left behind.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mauser posted:

Home 3D printers that can do that are expensive and the refill carts demand the sacrifice of a drifter to get the necessary biomass.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Ok that's cool as hell. My mom had a leg that was about 6" shorter than her other one, but that was due to a car crash that basically crushed most of her bones in that leg. She was always complaining that her shoes cost about 100-150$ for a pair of regular sneakers and more for nice shoes. Also there was only one place in about a 100 mile radius that was able to make the shoes she needed. If I could have just 3D printed risers for her, she would have been so excited.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/talkie86/status/1423491643169132549?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Got no disco smiley so :pcgaming: Will have to do.