Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lop's a Lepi, a species that debuted on Nov. 8th 1977 in the old Marvel Star Wars comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I skipped Bad Batch because I just don't really care that much about clones, but Visions looks dope and I'll definitely be checking it out.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

howe_sam posted:

I skipped Bad Batch because I just don't really care that much about clones, but Visions looks dope and I'll definitely be checking it out.

"I like it when the space wizards swing the glowy swords and it's all 'bzzzzz wooaarrrr csshhh'"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the visions trailer loving SLAPS inject it into my veins

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm tentatively hopeful this will fill a Star Wars shaped Love, Death & Robots hole, given how bad the second series of that was.

Let's get loving weird.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm tentatively hopeful this will fill a Star Wars shaped Love, Death & Robots hole, given how bad the second series of that was.

Let's get loving weird.

Sadly, I doubt it will have that many boobs.

Or talking cats.

But holy poo poo, I can only say "Jedi Scroll" in the most positive way about Visions.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Visions trailer is gonna suplex Star Wars back into my life like nothing since Mandalorian Season 1. Maybe since Last Jedi. Super excited for this.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That umbrella light saber was ridiculous I love it

The girl jumping off her speeder then deflecting blaster shots before cutting up the oncoming speeder was gorgeous

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

You are missing the gently caress out and I’m sorry. I’m assuming you didn’t watch The Clone Wars either?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That quality in that Visions trailer is all over the place and I’m in real wary of the finished product.

It’s still weird to me that it took until 2021 for Star Wars to finally do an anthology in the vein of Robot Carnival, Memories, etc. Especially after the Animatrix came out 20 years ago and we know George and a bunch of the other creatives at LFL were anime fans of varying degrees.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

howe_sam posted:

Honestly I also didn't think I'd like Bad Batch, but I threw it on for background noise one night and started getting pretty invested after a few episodes. It's not high art or anything but it's cute and very sincere. No obligation to watch it though!

I'm also keenly interested in Visions; Studio Trigger is one of my faves so I'm looking forward to at least two episodes. Sep. 22nd is super soon too... :getin:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That quality in that Visions trailer is all over the place and I’m in real wary of the finished product.

Anthology series are very weird to me and I usually only like one or two episodes out of a bunch. Given my usual batting average, that's like 2 Visions episodes out of the 9 that will probably be good. I'll cross my fingers for the rest of them though

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Anita Dickinme posted:

You are missing the gently caress out and I’m sorry. I’m assuming you didn’t watch The Clone Wars either?

I've seen some Clone Wars, it it didn't catch my interest the way Rebel did.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

jassa posted:

from what I understand Filoni and the other writers have continued that trend ever since. I think now instead of George there's a committee or group of people who have final say about what can/can't be made Disney canon.

Kind of - The hierarchy seems to be Movies > TV > Lucasfilm Story Group > Everything Else. Movies and TV can do whatever they want, and the Story Group tells the comics and novel people what they can't use because higher visibility projects might want to do something with it.

For example, Coruscant's been totally absent from post-ROTJ stories because it was supposed to be in Episode 9, and they didn't want another project contradicting its fate or spoiling it early.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Excuse the tumblr writing style since thats where (i think) this came from but I would have liked it better like this

Just keep their writing exactly the same but they're younger clones. Tbh always seemed weird that we got to see exactly 3 ages of clone: adult, pre-teen, fetus, despite them apparently being in non-stop production for years. I would have liked a 16-18yo appearing BB, i feel like it would fit their writing even better, especially their levels of cockiness and naiveté

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Teenage DAD Batch woulda owned. Wrecker and Omega’s relationship woulda been so much more adorable and Hunter trying to take on a big brother role rather than a big brother who looks like a forty-year-old role might have seemed so much more appealing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Heavy racism?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Roth posted:

Heavy racism?

my best guess is the greedy lizard person voiced by a jewish woman, but its not like she was forced to voice the character so :shrug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Also the making Kanan white and Omega? Still a reach and a half

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

howe_sam posted:

I've seen some Clone Wars, it it didn't catch my interest the way Rebel did.

Clone Wars starts out pretty rough, but I think it really comes into its own after a while. If you're having difficulty watching through the early bits, I'd really recommend hopping around while watching it. It's not like the show itself follows a linear narrative every episode to episode, so just watching straight through is already pretty messy. There's not really a central narrative.

Roth posted:

Heavy racism?

I've seen some people complaining about the clones of the Bad Batch being a little less brown than Temuera Morrison, but while I'll admit that Echo and Crosshair are noticeably paler (and god only knows what's going on with Omega's phenotype), I think it's too close to really tell. Especially when there's not any "standard white" skintones onscreen to compare with. They all still got New Zealand-ish accents, and they hired a genuine New Zealander to play Omega.

It's dumb.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ForceMaterial/status/1427767701045342211?s=20
"at least a warlord"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've seen some people complaining about the clones of the Bad Batch being a little less brown than Temuera Morrison, but while I'll admit that Echo and Crosshair are noticeably paler (and god only knows what's going on with Omega's phenotype), I think it's too close to really tell. Especially when there's not any "standard white" skintones onscreen to compare with. They all still got New Zealand-ish accents, and they hired a genuine New Zealander to play Omega.

It's dumb.

In the "Jango Fett: Open Season" comic miniseries, we see Jango Fett's sister and mother, who are blondes. Technically no longer canon, but this is Filoni we're talking about. Also, they're space people, who the gently caress knows what recessive genes they have. Also, you'd be pale, too, if you lived your life in an enclosed training facility and wore a helmet all the time.

While I am loathe to bring real world justification to Star Wars, the natives of the Solomon Islands have naturally occurring blonde hair that is linked to a totally different gene than that if Caucasians. Human genetic diversity is super cool.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Excuse the tumblr writing style since thats where (i think) this came from but I would have liked it better like this

Just keep their writing exactly the same but they're younger clones. Tbh always seemed weird that we got to see exactly 3 ages of clone: adult, pre-teen, fetus, despite them apparently being in non-stop production for years. I would have liked a 16-18yo appearing BB, i feel like it would fit their writing even better, especially their levels of cockiness and naiveté

I would struggle to give a poo poo about teen protagonists.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Madurai posted:

You dont care about any of anakin, ahsoka, ezra, sabine, luke, leia, boba, omega (probably) or rey?

I struggle to give a poo poo about characters who appear to be like 40 but act like teens, I think they'd be more fun if they actually looked the part or we got to see what clones were like at that age. Technically the oldest clones are only 13 at the end of the war and should look more like 26 than the age they do in the show, and none of them have more than 3 years of battle experience since attack of the clones took place in 22BBY and order 66/bad batch is in 19BBY

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Madurai posted:

It’s this. 100%

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Luke was a teen in A New Hope?

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Luke was a teen in A New Hope?

19 years between revenge of the sith and a new hope. Han Solo is supposed to be 32 in anh.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Were the Han Solo novels based on the West End Games books or did they predate those? I love the poo poo out of those books, Han and Chewie up against the Corporate Sector Authority, never quite getting that big score.

Though at one point Han does blow a building almost into orbit, which totally seems like a thing he would do. Anyway, Bollux and Blue Max are among the great Star Wars droids for me, keep hoping they’ll make it into a show somehow.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also the making Kanan white and Omega? Still a reach and a half

Tbh I always assumed Kanan was white when watching Rebels. Is it a comics thing?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Jet Jaguar posted:

Were the Han Solo novels based on the West End Games books or did they predate those? I love the poo poo out of those books, Han and Chewie up against the Corporate Sector Authority, never quite getting that big score.

Though at one point Han does blow a building almost into orbit, which totally seems like a thing he would do. Anyway, Bollux and Blue Max are among the great Star Wars droids for me, keep hoping they’ll make it into a show somehow.

From some minor Googling, it looks like the Han Solo novels came out from 1979 to '80. The omnibus of the novels came out in '92, which prompted WEG to publish "Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook" in '93.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Jet Jaguar posted:

They're one of the few things that pre-dates the WEG books, and I love them for introducing a character named "testacles".

Radio! posted:

Tbh I always assumed Kanan was white when watching Rebels. Is it a comics thing?
Kanan's visual design is based on an Irish dude as part of a bet, so he was always white. Sadly I have no way to prove this because said Irish dude has since torpedo'd his life in the comics scene here via a sex scandal so nobody wants to admit to being friends with him anymore.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've seen some people complaining about the clones of the Bad Batch being a little less brown than Temuera Morrison, but while I'll admit that Echo and Crosshair are noticeably paler

Echo is a zombie cyborg. Looking pretty bloodless is perfectly normal for him.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Echo is a zombie cyborg. Looking pretty bloodless is perfectly normal for him.

yeah i've seen people complain about Echo being pale/lacking melanin but hes like, a bony cyborg that was mutilated and stored in a freezer for like a year. I kinda figured the paleness was shorthand for "this dude is hosed up" not white washing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

Back in the run up to Solo, Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer wrote an appreciation of Brian Daley and his Solo trilogy, and how formative they were to the later Star Wars canon.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

howe_sam posted:

Back in the run up to Solo, Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer wrote an appreciation of Brian Daley and his Solo trilogy, and how formative they were to the later Star Wars canon.

OMG I never saw this! Such a great write-up. I thought parts of SOLO felt really familiar. (Daley and his pal Luceno later went on to write the 20-odd Robotech novelizations under the pen name of Jack McKinney.)

Just drop one reference to the War Robots of Xim, Filoni. That’s all I need.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Mandalorian season 3 will begin filming next month, according to Carl Weathers.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/the-mandalorian-season-3-starts-filming-next-month-carl-weathers/

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Finn Disney+ show rumored:

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/08/18/finn-prequel-sequel-star-wars-series-in-the-works-for-disney/

It would make a certain amount of sense, especially if they make Boyega an Executive Producer. Would allow him to finally shape the role more to his liking.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I am kinda surprised by this, I thought Boyega had pretty much burned all his ties to Disney after he felt that his character was absolutely poo poo on and was very vocal about it. I guess if he gets a big role in creating his story that might be the carrot to bring him back.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Boyega: "you ain't gonna disney plus me"

*disney delivers truck of cash*

Boyega: "I meant to say that you ain't gonna wanna miss when they disney plus me"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Teek posted:

Finn Disney+ show rumored:

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/08/18/finn-prequel-sequel-star-wars-series-in-the-works-for-disney/

It would make a certain amount of sense, especially if they make Boyega an Executive Producer. Would allow him to finally shape the role more to his liking.

Is Boyega confirmed to be involved? The article didn't mention anything besides his renewed interest in the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
ThatHashtagShow doesn’t have a very good track record for SW leaks, so I’d take that article with a massive truckload of salt.