Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

"Martin Foley" posted:

If you have employed a sex worker in the St Kilda area you need to come forward and get tested

I'm sure there will be no problems there..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bill Posters posted:

I'm sure there will be no problems there..

"just in general, not just for covid"

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
When we get to 1000+ cases a day I'm throwing a pandemic party.
Like, it'll just be me, alone in the garage, but with enough booze for an entire party, because gently caress this poo poo.

I will be wearing one of those jaunty little party hats tho.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Mate came up to Brisbane from Sydney before lockdown and has since got a new job with a large company based in Sydney that is doing fully work from home. He started on Monday and when his boss found out he's still in Brisbane got annoyed with him and demanded he fly back to Sydney within 2 weeks. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

this is kinda bullshit, but maybe it some technicality about workcover or something?

that or they are mad they are paying sydney money to someone living in not-sydney and feel like they got ripped off.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Old school Peugeot 10 speeds are worth tracking down. They are full of quality components and beautifully built and balanced.
I still have mine from the 80s when it was my sole means of transport for 5 years

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164846551628

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?

DumbparameciuM posted:

Do they sell black capsicum?

Same.

I finally got around to looking this up and it was not the sketchy facebook group I was expecting, so no :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Airstream Driver posted:

Mate came up to Brisbane from Sydney before lockdown and has since got a new job with a large company based in Sydney that is doing fully work from home. He started on Monday and when his boss found out he's still in Brisbane got annoyed with him and demanded he fly back to Sydney within 2 weeks. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

"If you're going to work from home, you're going to do it from here because, uh"

loving managers are all tiny Hitlers at heart, aren't they.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it time to play this card yet?

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Just got my 2nd Pfizer and it's super busy here at the vax hub compared to last time. A Good Thing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Is it time to play this card yet?

It is not yet time, when it is, you will know

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bee posted:

Just got my 2nd Pfizer and it's super busy here at the vax hub compared to last time. A Good Thing.

Getting my first on the 28th. :dance:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Got my first Pfizzer today.

And, no, they did not ask to see my immunisation history. Stupid loving government websites.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should I get my second astrazeneca or go for a cheeky Pfizer?

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I was tempted by a multi shot myself since I went AZ first time but we both know if you go that way you'll have a better immune response but the relatively unique history on your vaccine log will probably gently caress you the next 10 years on travel restrictions.
"Didn't get 2 of the same type? Nah get hosed oval office you can never travel and there's nothing we can do"

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When did you have your first?

US is now recommending a booster at 8 months. We will probably do the same soon. For me, that 8 months from first dose will be December - by then we'll be awash in Pfizer and Moderna.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ErKeL posted:

I was tempted by a multi shot myself since I went AZ first time but we both know if you go that way you'll have a better immune response but the relatively unique history on your vaccine log will probably gently caress you the next 10 years on travel restrictions.
"Didn't get 2 of the same type? Nah get hosed oval office you can never travel and there's nothing we can do"

get 2 AZ shots in a walk in clinic in a hotzone LGA 4 weeks apart (no booking or medicare req'd) then get pfizer in 2 months when its more readily available as if its your first shot (they will be recording the pfizers as they are more expensive)

this is my plan.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I know what I have to do.

https://twitter.com/tawareniel/status/1381713534434869248

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Everyone look at this dumb idiot who woke himself up by farting.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
What a dumb farting idiot

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

lol

My dog hates anyone farting, including herself, and she will move away as soon as she realises someone (or she) has farted.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

man this upload cuts off the best bit

Infinitum posted:

:dogout:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Hmm, so at Vic's peak last year, they maxed out at 7665

Current active cases in NSW: 7948 (Incl. 72 from overseas for 8020)

NSW wants to win Covid State Of Origin by a huge margin.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Hmm, so at Vic's peak last year, they maxed out at 7665

Current active cases in NSW: 7948 (Incl. 72 from overseas for 8020)

NSW wants to win Covid State Of Origin by a huge margin.

At the rate they're going that'll be the daily NSW total before long. :smithcloud:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sure we could enact strict widespread lockdowns and throw a bunch of $$$ at families and businesses to support them during these unprecedented times but on the other hand maybe the virus will just magically disappear on its own if we just wait it out long enough???

It's pretty much the equivalent of this:

"Why waste money fighting the pandemic and close down the economy and lose all those profits when it might just burn out on its own for free??"

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Aug 18, 2021

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have family who works higher end admin in a hospital. it’s sounding pretty grim, there’s already talk of needing to mass offload patients from one hospital in West Syd across to another because they need to prepare more emergency space for what’s coming.

Of course I’m not saying we’re about to hit 1,000+ announcement pretty loving soon unless there’s some serious fudging to go with that “no longer announcing sites (cause trackers are completely backlogged)” act.

(:magical:)

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Elective surgeries stopping in the private hospitals drFIL operates in after Monday apparently.
Honestly bizarre imo they've been going on for so long during this lockdown anyway but that's none of my business.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Our contact tracers are working very hard

Also literally 75% of todays cases are still under investigation

Also gently caress you we're not making all the infectious sites publicly known, that's too much work, just assume it's everywhere.

coolusername posted:

I have family who works higher end admin in a hospital. it’s sounding pretty grim, there’s already talk of needing to mass offload patients from one hospital in West Syd across to another because they need to prepare more emergency space for what’s coming.

Of course I’m not saying we’re about to hit 1,000+ announcement pretty loving soon unless there’s some serious fudging to go with that “no longer announcing sites (cause trackers are completely backlogged)” act.

(:magical:)

Nah see it's cool. Hazzard watched the news report last night about ambulances queuing at hospital, agreed that it was poo poo and was going to continue to be poo poo, but now they're setting up a tent hospital outside so the covid patients don't get into the hospital.

A real and actual thing that is happening.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Anyone else low-key terrified about the "no longer announcing sites" thing, or am I just a little slow in entering the sad acceptance stage?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Anyone else low-key terrified about the "no longer announcing sites" thing, or am I just a little slow in entering the sad acceptance stage?

Nah yeah, it's pretty hosed - https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/stats-nsw.aspx

If you look at the map for active cases, you'll see 'sources unknown'.

"Just assume it's everywhere" is Glady's new rhetoric because she's an absolutely useless oval office, because accurate effectual contact tracing has collapsed - and there's legitimately no way to keep up with the spread.
So yeah... unfortunately you do have to assume every single person you interact with has covid. It's hosed.

I'm glad reporters aren't taking any of her poo poo anymore.
I hope Chant throws her under the bus soon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the opposite is also true.

The collapse of the healthcare system isn't just something we're going to wake up to, we're seeing it under massive strain already and it's only going to get worse in the days to come.

My feelings on the matter are that every single death we're seeing are now 100% solely on her for not doing the right thing, and deferring blame onto the ineffectual 'Health Advice' she's peddling.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

Nah see it's cool. Hazzard watched the news report last night about ambulances queuing at hospital, agreed that it was poo poo and was going to continue to be poo poo, but now they're setting up a tent hospital outside so the covid patients don't get into the hospital.

A real and actual thing that is happening.

Part of that news story was also about the ambos having to sit on the ground in the bays and i don't know if there being no seating is from stupidity or out of some fear the homeless will sleep on the benches

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Nah yeah, it's pretty hosed - https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/stats-nsw.aspx

If you look at the map for active cases, you'll see 'sources unknown'.

"Just assume it's everywhere" is Glady's new rhetoric because she's an absolutely useless oval office, because accurate effectual contact tracing has collapsed - and there's legitimately no way to keep up with the spread.
So yeah... unfortunately you do have to assume every single person you interact with has covid. It's hosed.

I'm glad reporters aren't taking any of her poo poo anymore.
I hope Chant throws her under the bus soon.

And ignoring the obvious question of if it's state-wide why is she not locking down the entire state?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
where I live currently has 9 cases active and the lga is pretty large so it's hard to know how close and present the danger is atm. Apart from the local servo the only other exposure site I know of is the dan murphies up the road. I suspect several of those cases might have stemmed from the psych ward at nepean hospital.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

where I live currently has 9 cases active and the lga is pretty large so it's hard to know how close and present the danger is atm. Apart from the local servo the only other exposure site I know of is the dan murphies up the road. I suspect several of those cases might have stemmed from the psych ward at nepean hospital.

There are over 50 cases in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.

Managed to get an appointment for grandson to have his first dose of Pfizer on 27 August. The booking site was getting absolutely hammered there for a while.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Lolie posted:

There are over 50 cases in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.

Managed to get an appointment for grandson to have his first dose of Pfizer on 27 August. The booking site was getting absolutely hammered there for a while.

while there is I'll take some solace that the sewerage detection test at winmalee didn't detect covid last week and while that may change this week its a little bit of hope I can cling to becuase the montains have been pretty free of impact in this outbreak

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
This week I am going to get my first 5G chip installed and enjoy a beer in the sun at a city rooftop bar. Suck it NSWieners.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

AH gently caress

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/aug/18/comedian-sean-lock-dies-aged-58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Noooooooo