Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Not looking forward to what unfolds over the next couple of months
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpf_z54eApA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997603427773648133

This is news to me

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

nomad2020 posted:

Makes sense, liquor stores over here were explicitly labeled as essential businesses.

E: And weed

Weed is absolutely essential

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Liquor stores are 100% essential.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

nomad2020 posted:

Makes sense, liquor stores over here were explicitly labeled as essential businesses.

E: And weed

i get retail being essential, but i feel like socially distancing during sex would be pretty difficult.

at least i understand the no kissing policy now

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Covid starting gang wars in NZ

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6997624250886606081

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Stereotype posted:

anyway everyone is insane and we're watching a nation commit suicide

commit suicide safely, by bringing your brunch buddies with

safely

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

they can also drop patients who don't follow their recommendations

"I recommend you get the covid vaccine"
"no, I refuse"
"well then you're going to need to find a different doctor"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...63-d9d3905ef32b

quote:

For those outside the LGAs (Local Government Area ) of high concern, residents must not travel further than five kilometres from their home "unless they absolutely have to".

quote:

NSW Police have issued a record-breaking amount of COVID-19 infringements as officers continue to carry out Operation Stay At Home.

In the past 24 hours, 736 penalty notices were issued across the state.

Of those, 448 were issued to people who were moving outside their homes without a good reason to do so.
NSW Police Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys said that in one instance in the Sydney suburb of Padstow, a man was not even at home when he should have been isolating.

When police rang him, he told them he was taking the garbage bins out.
He was issued a $5,000 penalty notice.

i have never hated an australian state before

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
you know given that it's america and we're tracking jack poo poo, I do wonder what percentage of "breakthrough" cases are "people lying about being vaxxed because they feel some amount of shame or think they'll be refused treatment otherwise"

probably not a statistically significant amount but i'm still curious

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

Volcott posted:

Somehow, covid has returned.

this is alarming news

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mogwai posted:

this is alarming news

I still have 15 rolls of toilet paper left from my 24-pack bought in Mar 2020

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Art

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
here's a map of the sydney LGAs of concern. i don't know the state well, but there looks to be some giant gaps there (bondi???)

compare lockdowns in sydney, melbourne and NZ

quote:

Face masks
-NSW: Mandatory in all indoor locations, except within the home
-Sydney LGAs of concern: Mandatory inside and outside, except within the home.
-Melbourne: Mandatory inside and outside, except within the home and while completing rigorous exercise.
-NZ: Mandatory for everyone aged 12 and older when visiting essential services like supermarkets and using public transport.
lol masks aren't mandatory outdoors in NSW?!?!

quote:

Shopping
-NSW: Only one person, per household each day within your local government area or within five kilometres, unless the food, goods or services are not reasonably available locally. You can cross into another local government area if it is within five kilometres from home and not a local government area of concern. Non-essential retail is closed, hospitality is open for takeaway services only.
-Sydney LGAs of concern: One person, per household each day within five kilometres. If the goods or services you need are not reasonably available within five kilometres of your home, you can obtain the goods and services from the closest place in Greater Sydney where they are available. Non-essential retail is closed, hospitality is open for takeaway services only.
-Melbourne: Only one person, per household each day within five kilometres from home. If the nearest essential goods and services are more than five kilometres away, you may travel to the nearest provider. Non-essential retail is closed, hospitality is open for takeaway services only.
-NZ: If possible, try to send one person, per household. Supermarkets, dairies, pharmacies and food banks are open. Dairies, food banks will operate with a strict “one-in, one-out” policy. Liquor stores are closed unless they are within a licensing trust area. Wine and beer will still be sold at supermarkets. Restaurants and cafes are closed, including for takeaway and food delivery services.
sure that "reasonably available locally" is going to be interpreted sensibly.

check what they call authorised workers. some retail that stood out to me:

quote:

hardware and building supplies
landscaping material supplies
rural supplies
timber yards
garden centres and plant nurseries

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU8ktxn36wA

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 18, 2021

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Palladium posted:

I still have 15 rolls of toilet paper left from my 24-pack bought in Mar 2020

Wow look at this goon who never poops

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

DarkEuphoria posted:

Wow look at this goon who never poops

Look at this goon who doesn't waterboard his butt in 2021

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Lamebot posted:

Finally someone framed this mess in a way I can understand.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

crepeface posted:

here's a map of the sydney LGAs of concern. i don't know the state well, but there looks to be some giant gaps there (bondi???)

compare lockdowns in sydney, melbourne and NZ

lol masks aren't mandatory outdoors in NSW?!?!

sure that "reasonably available locally" is going to be interpreted sensibly.

check what they call authorised workers. some retail that stood out to me:

Yeah the big issue with Australian lockdown laws is that they leave way too much open to interpretation and people will always use that to allow themselves to do the slackest possible thing. The laws in NZ are in some cases probably excessive/overly restrictive but on the other hand they're simple, easy to understand and don't leave anything up to personal interpretation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Smythe posted:

actualy nobdy cares at all. :tipshat:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Activate booster!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Looking forward to reporting all Nate Silver tweets for this.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

you know given that it's america and we're tracking jack poo poo, I do wonder what percentage of "breakthrough" cases are "people lying about being vaxxed because they feel some amount of shame or think they'll be refused treatment otherwise"

probably not a statistically significant amount but i'm still curious

I know several people who just printed out those cards and filled it in themselves so I wonder about this too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blackhawk posted:

Yeah the big issue with Australian lockdown laws is that they leave way too much open to interpretation and people will always use that to allow themselves to do the slackest possible thing. The laws in NZ are in some cases probably excessive/overly restrictive but on the other hand they're simple, easy to understand and don't leave anything up to personal interpretation.

Melbourne is in Australia... there's no flexibility here. It's more strict than NZ.

Edit: like I have no idea how you can read the lists of rules and think NZ is even close to as strict. We're not allowed out at all period after 9pm. Two hours total within 5km before 9pm for essentials only. We have to wear masks everywhere, inside and out. Kids can't even play outside by themselves on playgrounds. Wtf.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 18, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Made a booster rocket appointment at my local Kroger for Friday. Hoping I get a good manager special.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Abbott dead yet?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

net work error posted:

Abbott dead yet?

If he dies, proof for the chuds that vaccines dont work. If he lives, proof for the chuds that covid is harmless.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
so is Biden getting biweekly or monthly boosters at this point?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bad boys for life posted:

If he dies, proof for the chuds that vaccines dont work. If he lives, proof for the chuds that covid is harmless.

whats the chud view on paralysis vis a vis trees

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whats the chud view on paralysis vis a vis trees

if a tree falls in a forest, god wants that forest dead and it should be cleared for livestock

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is in Australia... there's no flexibility here. It's more strict than NZ.

Edit: like I have no idea how you can read the lists of rules and think NZ is even close to as strict. We're not allowed out at all period after 9pm. Two hours total within 5km before 9pm for essentials only. We have to wear masks everywhere, inside and out. Kids can't even play outside by themselves on playgrounds. Wtf.

"Hospitality is open for takeaway only" in Melbourne apparently, that's equivalent to our second highest level. Playgrounds are closed here too, we have to wear masks at all of the only places we're allowed to leave our houses to actually go right now.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/08/17/dayton-woman-says-her-12-year-old-son-died-from-covid-19-complications/

quote:

Dayton, Texas – The mother of a 12-year-old Dayton boy says she is heartbroken after her son died from COVID-19 complications.

“He went downhill so fast, just horrendously fast,” mother Casey Castorina told KPRC 2.

Ryland Daic died Tuesday, Aug. 10 at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital.

Castorina says Ryland had been visiting his grandfather when she learned he was sick on Aug. 5. The mother said other relatives learned they were COVID positive a few days earlier.

“They sounded congested like when you have a head cold. I talked to him multiple times a day. He was still going out fishing and building his model cars and making Tik Tok videos,” said Castorina.

But, the following Tuesday, Castorina says Ryland started to go downhill.

“He was there, but he wasn’t there. I would ask him questions and I would get a thumbs up or a thumbs down. He couldn’t speak,” she said.

Castorina said she took her son to an emergency room in Crosby.

“The nurse came from the back and said, ‘You need to get him in the car and drive him to the medical center because he needs an emergency room and all we can do is fly him out of state,’” she said.

Castorina said Ryland was eventually airlifted to Children’s Memorial Herman.

“They said his heart wasn’t able to beat,” Castorina told KPRC 2. “It was beyond fast.”

Castorina said Daic died within hours.

She says over the weekend, the hospital confirmed he tested positive for COVID.

“He was born with asthma but hasn’t even had a problem in 10 or 11 years. I mean nothing,” she said.

Ryland’s stepfather said he is going to miss everything about him.

“I don’t want another parent to have to go through this,” said Keith Castorina.

Ryland was supposed to start 6th grade at Wilson Jr. High in Dayton ISD last Thursday.

Dayton ISD Assistant Superintendent of Student Services released the following statement in regards to Daic:

“It is with extreme sadness that our district confirms that a Dayton ISD student passed away last week on August 10, 2021. The district had additional counselors available to Wilson Jr. High campus to assist grieving students. Our sincerest condolences are with the family and friends.”

The Harris County Medical Examiner has not yet determined an official cause of death.

“Hold them tight and take pictures because unfortunately, that’s all we have left,” said Ryland’s mother.

Totally cool that this administration is just sending more kids into the meat grinder.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

External Organs posted:

Made a booster rocket appointment at my local Kroger for Friday. Hoping I get a good manager special.

I'm going out for my Moderna booster today, hope the speedrun doesn't have issues.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

none of this is true

e:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=517035491

we've known for months that bam-bam is ineffective against variants, but regeneron remains highly effective against delta (in fact, shows no reduced efficacy against delta, though it does against beta iirc)

Petey fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 18, 2021

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

i know there's a been a ton of drama with the falcon guy but where can i buy one of these shirts and/or get the artwork to make it myself

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Time to get Nate Silver banned from the twitter?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DrTonyLeachon/status/1427862084008644610?s=19

Lol at how incredibly wrong this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blackhawk posted:

"Hospitality is open for takeaway only" in Melbourne apparently, that's equivalent to our second highest level. Playgrounds are closed here too, we have to wear masks at all of the only places we're allowed to leave our houses to actually go right now.

Okay NZ is more strict than I thought at second glance, my bad. Takeaway is not available? I think the Melbourne food supply would collapse if we tried that. Even with takeaway, no sit down dining means there's like 300 people in my local grocery store at all times.

Other than that our rules are basically the same (seems you can still wear masks outside?) so I still disagree that "Australia" has more loopholes. Sydney, yes.