Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i miss the mango tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bring back PMS. Bring back Iron Talon. Make Aeon Disk go from 100% to 90%.

Make Dota+ free because it's super not worth it otherwise.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

EE stacked evasion on medusa and took a grand total of 500 damage from a kitted out TB. not HP damage, just damage in general. Blinding light stacks additively with evasion lmao

70% miss + 55% evasion = 14% hit chance

That's multiplicatively. If it was additively, it would be a 0% chance to hi.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

That's multiplicatively. If it was additively, it would be a 0% chance to hi.

technically it would be a -25% chance to hit

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
mango tree being t5 as a bad luck drop would be hilarious

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cool thread about the first international by one of the developers:

https://twitter.com/ZoidCTF/status/1427774975667314712?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
where's the patch Icefraud

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The fact that people are grasping at straws of when the patch might drop because our only hint that we're even getting one is because a reddit mod announced that there was going to be a patch "some time after the battlepass ends" makes me laugh. Like, man, Dota is in such a sad state. Not because the current patch is bad, but that you would have to do some kind of scrying magic to determine whether or not a major balance patch is going to happen before a multi-million dollar tournament is just insane.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The fact that people are grasping at straws of when the patch might drop because our only hint that we're even getting one is because a reddit mod announced that there was going to be a patch "some time after the battlepass ends" makes me laugh. Like, man, Dota is in such a sad state. Not because the current patch is bad, but that you would have to do some kind of scrying magic to determine whether or not a major balance patch is going to happen before a multi-million dollar tournament is just insane.

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.30

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's out https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.30

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Aeon Disk
Bonus HP reduced from 300 to 250
Aeon Disk Cooldown increases by 20s every time it triggers up to 165s. Cooldown: 105/125/145/165s

old cooldown was 105

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

All the new low-tier neutral items look super fun

e: yeah great Aeon Disk change.

The Falcon Blade + Helm of the Overlord buffs is super fuckin ownage for my Clinkz-spamming rear end

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Axe
Reworked Shard: Now causes Counter Helix to apply a 6s stacking debuff that reduces attack damage by 20% and increases Counter Helix chance by 10%

rip big angry red man

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Mega buffed: OD and QOP. Allies can move during Astral and Orb works against Roshan. QOP now heals 40/80/120/160 hp per dagger cast. She can sidelane now. Also +3 damage to QoPs already decent damage.

Minor buff: Sand king’s talent rework (sandstorm damage at 10 and sandstorm radius at 15) is very good.

Megachanged: Tinker. Defense Matrix is now basic ability, March of the Machines is his shard, and his ult gives him free BoTs (in addition to rearming as usual). He’s now a hypermobile, earlygame nuke god of death. 4pos tinker is going to loving rule.

Mega nerfed: Brood’s web bonus is now reduced by her HP% — 0bonus at 20% HP. Rip.

Puck dream coil no longer stuns or interrupts channels. Just a leash. Kinda like slark pounce.

DNK fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 18, 2021

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

did

is spider's agh good? i can't actually tell. it seems good?

burning barrage on clinkz seems weird and like it supports the Siege Up playstyle more than a man up and fight

oh poo poo dawnbreaker shard is good

is that an earth spirit tempo buff ugh

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 18, 2021

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pig Pole

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

As a Tinker picker, I'm super pumped about this new patch.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Warlock upheaval giving max 70% attack speed will be strong

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Pig fuckin Pole

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Veno ult seems it's actually useful lategame now since it does % health. Silencer basically has a slightly situational, low cooldown AOE Doom if he can get level 25 and a scepter (which admittedly could be fairly difficult as a non-core)

I really want to see the Meepo flinging thing in action.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Looking forward to playing support Venge. Also, my boys Clinkz and Skywrath got some nice buffs. Still confused as to how WW made it out unscathed.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

diabolic edict to pure damage
poof to pure damage
meepo shard seems really strong?

Monkey king seems really strong now too? that shard is absurd

lol pugna ward
"
No longer has a mana reducing aura
Now additionally Heals 2 hits whenever it triggers"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Multiple Critical Strike procs are now rolled from strongest to weakest and will stop rolling once a proc occurs (this results in the same DPS but is less li[l]kely to have multiple crits in a row or multiple attacks without a crit.)

:cmon:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ranked Tinker game going well so far

Edit:

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 18, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
New Tier 2 Item
Grants +20 Movement Speed
Active: Shadow Brand. Throws a Bomb to an enemy within 900 range dealing your attack damage and applying a debuff that provides vision of the unit and deals 20dps for 7 seconds. Cooldown: 20s Mana Cost: 25

I am glad Icefrog finally added true hand grenades to throw at Anti-Mage. IMO.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Some weird changes here. Slark and Spirit Breaker both........nerfed despite being generally considered bad (SB unpicked at major I believe and very very low picks in quals)?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Wow

HOMING MISSILE

Reworked Shard. Homing Missile now constantly fires a 700 radius Rocket Barrage, starting 1 second after casting. Rocket Barrage prioritizes the Homing Missile's target

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Some weird changes here. Slark and Spirit Breaker both........nerfed despite being generally considered bad (SB unpicked at major I believe and very very low picks in quals)?
Isn't SB's Agh's Scepter change pretty great? Piercing spell immunity and almost instant cast on Charge seems kinda big. Slight stat nerf and unsure on the talents, but overall not sure he's nerfed.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SANGE
Status Resistance reduced from 16 to 12

ILLUSIONIST'S CAPE
Removed Item

Second Roshan no longer drops cheese

Captain's Mode second pick phase is changed from Dire/Radiant/Dire/Radiant to Dire/Radiant/Radiant/Dire (assuming Radiant is first pick)

FLICKER
Cooldown increased from 4 to 5s
Now blinks in place if the owner received damage in the last 3 seconds
SPIDER LEGS
No longer considered a boot
Movement Speed Bonus reduced from 65 to 25

DRAGON BLOOD
Health regen reduced from 4/8/12/16 to 3/6/9/12

The Lesh change is one i'm super interested in seeing how it functions now w/r/t towers. It's pure now, but doesn't get bonus damage on towers, so idk how it'll affect his pushing capability. he probably can't solo towers anymore. also lmao antimage shard gives him three blinks. the farming potential is UNLIMITED. Also my boy Bane got a nice fat buff so let's hope he shows up in pro games again

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

SB got a little nerfed but in exchange he got a bkb piercing stun

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the dragon's blood change is probably one of the more significant nerfs, it's going to affect DK's pick rate really heavily because you can't shove him in a lane and have him be literally unkillable now

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Any heroes that use the new Overlord helm or Mageslayer are probably gonna be strong. Mageslayer legit is one of the best dps items in the game especially for int heroes.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Grapplejack posted:

SANGE
Status Resistance reduced from 16 to 12

ILLUSIONIST'S CAPE
Removed Item

Second Roshan no longer drops cheese

Captain's Mode second pick phase is changed from Dire/Radiant/Dire/Radiant to Dire/Radiant/Radiant/Dire (assuming Radiant is first pick)

FLICKER
Cooldown increased from 4 to 5s
Now blinks in place if the owner received damage in the last 3 seconds
SPIDER LEGS
No longer considered a boot
Movement Speed Bonus reduced from 65 to 25

DRAGON BLOOD
Health regen reduced from 4/8/12/16 to 3/6/9/12

The Lesh change is one i'm super interested in seeing how it functions now w/r/t towers. It's pure now, but doesn't get bonus damage on towers, so idk how it'll affect his pushing capability. he probably can't solo towers anymore. also lmao antimage shard gives him three blinks. the farming potential is UNLIMITED. Also my boy Bane got a nice fat buff so let's hope he shows up in pro games again

SB got a little nerfed but in exchange he got a bkb piercing stun

am gets 3 charges of the fake blink that makes an illusion gamer, not 3 real blinks. I think? anyway this means you make manta aghs and you have 6 antimages

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Slark's winrate is higher on this patch than Luna's was on 7.29. He's nearing 56% (yes yes i know, day 1 trend barely matters). I think you misread slark changes a little, all that q stuff is massive all game.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
also in true icefrog fashion, the neutral items are broken so instead of dialing them back, you just get more of them. :getin:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jerk McJerkface posted:

also in true icefrog fashion, the neutral items are broken so instead of dialing them back, you just get more of them. :getin:

But adding 1 more increases the likelihood of both sides "getting good neutrals" which makes it a little less RNG

I'm just shocked Dawnbreaker wasn't added to Captains Mode :(

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

As a Tinker picker, I'm super pumped about this new patch.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ranked Tinker game going well so far

you are a bad person

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

baby delivery truck posted:

you are a bad person

Being bad is so good.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Banning Tinker in all my games instead of Techies now :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sab669 posted:

I'm just shocked Dawnbreaker wasn't added to Captains Mode :(

I suspect the coming a/b/c/etc patches in the next few weeks will include minor tuning of her until icefrog is satisfied she's in the right place to add her, so she'll be in before TI.

I feel like they've done it that way before but I can't think of a specific example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Both of those are buffs IMO.