Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Serious BotW vibes from this trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This town is straight from Little Town Hero tho

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay now when the framerate is acceptable, this game looks Amazing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Grampa Stantler

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

STRONG STYLE

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Remakes

- any pokemon in the game can be a following pokemon
- Underground is back, secret bases
- Union Room is back
- Pokeball customisation. A screen was showed where you can rotate a pokeball and apply decorations of some kind. And a Togepi coming out of a ball spraying confetti
- Some clothing choices, but maybe not very much? Limited to a few preset outfits possibly?

Arceus wild area game

- Some regional variants? Growlithe and Braviary, and I think Stantler shown looking different
- Pokemon with glowing red eyes, oh no

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
new Basculin form too I think?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

lmao pokemon attack you directly

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh my the speed stat works differently now

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
oh battles are turn-based but they're making significant changes

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Shinx will kill you,.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Wyrdeer is evolved Stantler
Basculegion is evolved Basculin - ghost type maybe? something about dead basculin's spirits possessing it

Husuian Braviary
Hisuian Growlithe

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rock dog

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Hissuian Growlithe is my best friend.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dear pokemon company hire some animators who like to animate

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What the heck is Pokémon home?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Pokemon Home for both games

lol how does accessing the computer work in feudal pokemon Hokkaido

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Mamoswine/Sylveon coming to Pokemon Unite
Pokemon Cafe revamp I guess
Pokemon Masters Leon/Hop event and return of previous events
Wooloo comes to Pokemon Go
BD/SP have following pokemon
The Underground has pokemon to catch, some pokemon are only found here
Limited clothing customization
Pokemon Legends Arceus: sneak up on pokemon and catch them before they notice you
STRONG STYLE
Available January 28 2022
Old Sinnoh is called Hizui
Work with Professor Laventon and the Galaxy Team, lead by Cyllene
Craft pokeballs from apricorns and other materials
Pokemon attack you directly, good luck with that
FF10-esque turn structure, based on speed, this is what STRONG STYLE and AGILE STYLE are for
Wyrdeer looks like Stantler with a beard
Basculegion is a Basculin evolution formed from the accumulated souls of dead Basculin???
Hisuian Braviary
Hisuian Growlithe is fluffy :) and rock type I guess?
Ranked battles will stay in SwSh and will not come to BDSP/Legends

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I can understand why ranked battles will be gone for Legends if they've changed the battle mechanics

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Look at all these cool alternate forms & evos implied to have been rendered extinct somewhere between Legends & BDSP

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Will BDSP get the Legends exclusive Pokemon in a later patch, I wonder.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am glad that modern day Basculin have evoled to no longer need to fear possession from their fallen bretheren.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Raylax posted:

Look at all these cool alternate forms & evos implied to have been rendered extinct somewhere between Legends & BDSP

Not our fault Basculin stopped caring about it's homies and got racist.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Both looked neat :)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Balache404 posted:

Will BDSP get the Legends exclusive Pokemon in a later patch, I wonder.

They went extinct. :(

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
I'm sad to say there's nothing too exciting to me here. I'm usually hooked by at least one thing in the Pokemon Presents.

For BDSP it's great the Pokémon can follow you again, but beyond some aesthetic changes I'm not seeing anything new really being added. Happy to see the stickers back. I'm surprised ranked battle won't be a part of this, really makes this feel like a "side game"

For Pokemon Arceus, I'm glad to see they're mixing up the formula, but usually with a big formula change, the games are middling in quality (XY, Sword/Shield) with their follow ups more fleshed out (Sun/Moon). Interesting to see the new battle system, reminds me of Monster Hunter Generations a little with different attack types. They system has needed an upgrade lately. Funny to see you can be attacked now. These new formes are cool as well. I'm assuming they may show up in BDSP in some type of "hidden ancient area."

Still planning to get Shining Pearl. I'll really focus on the roleplay aspect this time and try to be a "fashionista" who chooses cute or beautiful Pokemon and tryto simultaneously win contests and beat the leaders. That should add a unique challenge.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

JordanKai posted:

They went extinct. :(

Maybe something in the Underground where you find a fossil of your ancestor/whatever's pokemon, revive it as usual and get it that way?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I just know one of the berserk pokemon is going to sneak up on me and I'll freak out.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
BDSP's still looking a bit too 1:1 with the originals for my liking (ORAS & HGSS had a lot more of their own identity which still seems somewhat absent here - my big question of "why buy these when Platinum's right there on my shelf and still very good" I can't say has been fully answered), but the new underground biomes stuff, clothing and follower pokemon are cool additions.

Legends is looking significantly better than the first trailer, although something about game freak's art direction could use a little more work. Maybe needs a softening filter or something, I dunno, it always looks a little over-sharp of over-saturated in a way I can't quite put my finger on. It's not so much bad as it is unpolished, I guess. But asides that it's actually looking very good now. I like the battle mechanic tweaks and the better blending of overworld and battle. Traveseral looks a lot of fun, especially flying and gliding. Actually violent overworld pokemon that will attack people is cool to see after decades of it just being implied that Bad poo poo Will Happen if you wander into tall grass without protection. I wasn't exactly down on legends before but I'm way more into it after this. Good stuff.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Presentation (around the 6:10 mark to skip the mobile games):
https://youtu.be/kdja9m4YlT4

Legends Trailer:
https://youtu.be/QRsbFmM37T4

BDSP Trailer:
https://youtu.be/_WcGQTtI_zg

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Miscellaneous website stuff:

Map of the new underground:

Manaphy will be available in BDSP from Mystery Gift until February 21

quote:

You add information to your Pokédex by catching Pokémon. But catching a Pokémon once won’t be enough to complete its Pokédex entry!

You’ll need to keep studying that Pokémon and complete research tasks to increase your research progress on it and flesh out its Pokédex entry.

Completing these research tasks will also contribute to your work with the Galaxy Expedition Team and raise your rank as a team member, granting you access to new areas.

Craft smoke bombs to hide behind and sneak up on skittish pokemon in open areas
Heavy Balls are stronger than normal Pokeballs but are thrown less far, requiring you to get closer

Preorder Pokemon Legends to get exclusive clothes:

Map of Hizui:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

It appears that BDSP is using at least the Platinum Dex which means we can have more than two species of fire-types. :supaburn:

That and all the other aforementioned announcements has gotten me more on board than if this was just straight up DP in 3D.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The D/P remakes are very "I might as well just play Platinum" and I don't really trust Game Freak to make a game the scale of Legends to be any good but the weird fluffy Growlithe is my friend

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I would take a bullet for Hisuian Growlithe.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

I like this concept but if this checklist is per-pokemon, completing this dex is going to be grindy as all balls.

Sure am glad I'm not a completionist for these things

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Weird Deer

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone grabbed my favorite bit from the direct

https://twitter.com/godsewa/status/...ingawful.com%2F

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Arceus looks so much better holy poo poo

D/P remakes were always a day 1 purchase for me, I really like the art and if its got the Platinum dex/story then I wanna give that a go - Diamond wasn't very good on its own

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pokemon Legends looks sick as hell

All they had to show me was flying, riding, and swimming around on Pokemon and I was sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

maybe someday they'll release the other halves of these fossil Pokemon.

Although historically, no one has ever found the tails or main bodies of Dunkleosteus since those were made of cartilage which don't fossilize as well as bone. So all we've ever gotten was the first quarter of the fish and restorations usually depict it with bodies similar to those of smaller related fish.

There's no excuse for the other three though.

Most fossils are incomplete, like we have entire species being described from a femur bone or a couple teeth. Theres a pretty good excuse right there