Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
my county changed protocols, masks still optional :yikes, and they are now reporting numbers. Except they are only reporting the total numbers of Students and Employees cases/quarantine and then which schools are affected which is just a list of all the schools in the county. Currently 2% of kids are quarantined and about 1% of employees. No category for ed balls though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

inferis posted:

my partner works as a nurse on a covid floor at the hospital and i harassed him into wearing an n95 but he said he’s literally the only person doing that on the floor

Your partner is a moron and what the hell is wrong with that hospital.

Serf
May 5, 2011

just had an emergency call about delta. we're moving to a temporary (they stressed this part hard) swing schedule were you will work m-w-f one week and then t -th the next week, for 1 month

best part: it doesn't start until next week and currently there are a dozen maskless workers in here ripping out the carpet lmaoooooooo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gio posted:

that moderna shot destroyed me. i was miserable sick the first night and bedridden all the next day. god drat.

I think I slept for eighteen of the past 24 hours thanks to the one I got on Thursday. I remember getting up for a few hours and shitposting on here last night but it's a blur.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

I can't fathom the maskless covid ward. It's 8:20 in the morning and my brain is completely broken for the day.

I feel like you could drop a dime on them and get the hammer of god brought down pretty fast.

That's because we crack-ping'd a year ago. Most people haven't. My apartment is a refrigerator full of rotten food away from looking like an episode of Hoarders due to my roommate's lack of spatial awareness (she inherited some stuff) as of yesterday.

The mover kept telling me about how he took the test 3 times, and passed all of them, how someone he knew got really sick from the vaxx, how his coworkers all caught it at another job and got two weeks off, getting barred from entering a restaurant for not wearing a mask, how he only wore a mask twice, etc. All to me, who stupidity only wore a kf-94, because I assumed it would take an hour or two tops, not nearly 5 hours.

Anyway that experience taught me that some people really just perceive it like it's a cold, and it's just not a big deal. I didn't even get a "just the flu bro" vibe, it was honestly not something of concern, at all.

Hopefully I'm not the walking dead now.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

That's because we crack-ping'd a year ago. Most people haven't. My apartment is a refrigerator full of rotten food away from looking like an episode of Hoarders due to my roommate's lack of spatial awareness (she inherited some stuff) as of yesterday.

The mover kept telling me about how he took the test 3 times, and passed all of them, how someone he knew got really sick from the vaxx, how his coworkers all caught it at another job and got two weeks off, getting barred from entering a restaurant for not wearing a mask, how he only wore a mask twice, etc. All to me, who stupidity only wore a kf-94, because I assumed it would take an hour or two tops, not nearly 5 hours.

Anyway that experience taught me that some people really just perceive it like it's a cold, and it's just not a big deal. I didn't even get a "just the flu bro" vibe, it was honestly not something of concern, at all.

Hopefully I'm not the walking dead now.

I have had family members of patients in active respiratory distress refuse to wear masks even in the hospital room where their dad or whoever is dying in front of them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

just had an emergency call about delta. we're moving to a temporary (they stressed this part hard) swing schedule were you will work m-w-f one week and then t -th the next week, for 1 month

best part: it doesn't start until next week and currently there are a dozen maskless workers in here ripping out the carpet lmaoooooooo

That's what my work did this week, but 11/20 are still every day, and another 4/20 have schedules with consecutive days. So in total it applies to 5 of us, and my fellow designer, who is supposed to be WFH today, is in the office.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Catching up on the thread:

mod sassinator posted:

if things are slowing down only for people on slow computers then it's not a problem on the DB or server side. i've noticed android's chrome browser freaking _hates_ if you open the list of pages in a long thread. like it shoots every core of your phone up to 100% use and grinds the whole OS down to a halt until you can force close the application. it's probably something very very dumb in the client side JS that scales badly with the number of pages. perhaps it's calculating 7000 individual hrefs for each "jump to page" link with all kinds of string concatenations, etc. and populating them all inside a drop down instead of just figuring it out when you select one

The least few weeks my home internet connection was out so I was browsing the forums on my lovely phone and the old covid thread would always cause the Awful app to crash. Sometimes I'd manage to read a dozen pages before it would crash, sometimes only one or two. Once it crashed on a page it counted all those posts as 'read' and if I logged back in and tried to go back to that previous page it'd insta-crash

Weirdly enough it wasn't just crashing the Awful app, it'd also reset the wallpaper on my phone to the default picture nearly every time.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, they were at 5.5k quarantined after Monday and 8.6k quarantined by mid-day yesterday. Almost certainly breaking 10k quarantined today.

one of the kids quarantining has parents that are on their 3rd case of covid. since they don't die it will just reinforce their belief that covid is no big deal and they will continue to contract it every 2-3 months for the rest of their lives. maybe getting covid alters your behavior to make you want to spread it and keep getting infected.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Norton posted:

... parents that are on their 3rd case of covid.

remembering around this time last year when we were discussing whether or not REINFECTION?! could even happen

and now people are just nonchalantly dropping "oh yeah, this person I know had covid 3 times"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

remembering around this time last year when we were discussing whether or not REINFECTION?! could even happen

and now people are just nonchalantly dropping "oh yeah, this person I know had covid 3 times"

Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is on his second case of coronavirus since November 2020 that we know about. lol

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Beginning to think we are doing this (killing the country) on purpose

Real Mean Queen posted:

Nobody in charge of anything is smart enough to want to do that

The purpose of a system is what it does

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is on his second case of coronavirus since November 2020 that we know about. lol

And he still refuses to get vaccinated. We thought injury was going to end his career early hahahahah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Norton posted:

one of the kids quarantining has parents that are on their 3rd case of covid. since they don't die it will just reinforce their belief that covid is no big deal and they will continue to contract it every 2-3 months for the rest of their lives. maybe getting covid alters your behavior to make you want to spread it and keep getting infected.

Surely they aren't long for this world. It gets progressively worse with reinfections, doesn't it?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

everyone went “there isn’t any proooof!!!!!!” when it was so obvious

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Lamar Hackson

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/us/pennsylvania-offers-pooled-covid-testing-in-classrooms-to-mitigate-spread/ar-AANo4hS

quote:

Pennsylvania offers pooled COVID-19 testing in classrooms to mitigate spread

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — Pennsylvania has unveiled a voluntary plan to test students for COVID-19 in schools.

The state is using $87 million in federal stimulus money to offer pooled classroom coronavirus testing to K-12 schools outside of Philadelphia.

Students who opt in would have a shallow swab of their noses, and a pool of all of a classroom’s samples would be tested. Within 24 to 48 hours, the pooled tests would show whether anyone in the classroom was positive, but it would not provide individual results.

“When there is a positive pool, the schools follow their local public health authorities on the follow-up testing,” said Dr. Karen Hogan of testing contractor Concentric by Gingko Bioworks. “So, they could conduct rapid antigen tests or individual PCR tests to identify who that person is.”

The program is described as “a simple and scalable way to easily test many students at once while minimizing resource strain.”

“Regular weekly testing helps the school community very quickly identify when a positive pool does arise so that quick intervention can take place to help break that transmission cycle,” Hogan continued.

Schools can choose to participate in the free testing program.

“This is a school-level choice,” said Pennsylvania Education Secretary Noe Ortega. “It’s deliberated through whatever process they put in place.”

if you listen closely you can hear the sound of every rural and blue maga school district opting out.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

it little Timmy gets covid can i still go to brunch?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Zmej posted:

this video ages like fine wine lol. jfc this stupid country
https://twitter.com/scorbonnie/status/1377647867565903872?s=19

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Der Meister posted:

it little Timmy gets covid can i still go to brunch?

Hell, someone in GBS posted about going to brunch while they themselves were positive.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a helpful bear posted:

And he still refuses to get vaccinated. We thought injury was going to end his career early hahahahah

it’s fine his body is incapable of passing a ball, let alone covid to someone else.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

wrong thread

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Hell, someone in GBS posted about going to brunch while they themselves were positive.

WHAT

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gangs are making the world a safer place by discouraging the use of inferior facial coverings.

Thank you, gangs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raccooon posted:

Why the hell do all these people want to fight a war in Afghanistan? Is it really just they can't accept taking an L on this so we gotta keep fighting for another 20 years?

colonial occupation of another country is a no down side thing to media Liberals so what is the problem with saying there forever

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

english doc; do i boost my titers to max or not

At the very least that post is pointing out that deducing vaccine effectiveness from population level data is difficult due to all the confounding variables (every epidemiologist is like whoa really). You can't just use coarsely aggregated data to estimate effectiveness, at the very least the rate needs to be corrected to account for the impact of age and other relevant factors. I'm assuming smart people that actually understand these issues are analyzing the Israeli data properly and can give a more definitive answer.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

positive and symptomatic iirc lmao

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Whoolighams posted:

For anybody who took a Moderna after Pfizer, was there an increased reaction for it? I skated by the two Pfizers with a slight headache and fatigue

Yup, got two Pfizer and a Moderna booster. Barely felt the Pfizer, just a mildy sore arm for a day. With Moderna had cold like symptoms and fatigue for a day. Arm was super sore for a day, then moderately sore for another day after. Everything resolved by the third day. The max titers reports here trend toward your third being like your second unless you're switching from Pfizer to Moderna, in which case it'll hit harder.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
lmao while cleaning out my car i found my "essential worker" letter that was necessary to present if i was pulled over during the "lockdown and curfew"

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just lmao if you don't spread your covid when you get covid. How will we reach herd immunity and back to normal otherwise?

Morons of cspam once again reactionary leftist who do not know how the world works. Children

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I want a vaccine that just fucks me up thanks

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Haven't read this thread is a week.

How are things looking now?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Thoguh posted:

reading or posting in gbs is verboten

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Raccooon posted:

Haven't read this thread is a week.

How are things looking now?

Lemon, it’s Wednesday.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Jon Irenicus posted:

positive and symptomatic iirc lmao

ahahaha why would they admit that what the gently caress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Greg Legg posted:

you’re always told to go through life with a positive attitude.

it’s the same thing if you think about it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Let people live their lives you mentally ill freaks

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
:lol: got this today. So loving weird how people don't trust the vaccine is free. I guess I shouldn't have had insurance!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no one said the administration of the vaccine was free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Greg Legg posted:

She was following CDC guidance.