Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gio posted:

why of course d&d is santimonius about ppl lying to get a booster, i should have known

If Greg loving Abbott is lying to his constituents about the lethality of covid-19 while he secretly gets every kind of possible immunization known to man, you can assume that every single one of our leadership class is doing that.

There's nothing honorable or good about getting sick or dying for a lie when these vaccines have a definite shelf life and will likely be destroyed anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

call me when we eventually get the Omega Varient cause that one's gonna be a little on the nose

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

any plan in place for varients after the Greek letters?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mdemone posted:

sister-in-law popped positive for Delta, two weeks after Moderna #2 and she's feeling the breakthrough symptoms.

hold onto yr butts

It's important to note that Pfizer's 3rd-dose data shows huge increases for titers against Wild Type and Beta after one week, but their figures showing a huge increase in titers against Delta was at the one month mark.

So it's super important to not get infected in the 4 weeks after the third shot.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (apparently one or two are out of order. If someone can tell me which or I can upload them all somewhere, file names are the dates)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

Washington is falling. :(

Stupid chud county.

Serf
May 5, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

it's super important to not get infected

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Forseti posted:

:lol: as opposed to U.S. doctors in residency or fellowship with $300k in student loan debt. But hey, they can always work for non-profit for ten years and at the end get their debt forgiven*!

* As long as they don't miss a payment. Or somebody alters the deal before ten years is up. But that could never happen in our amazingly stable democracy.

Also it's because they only get a fraction of what the Cuban government bills them out for and buddy, I've got some bad news for any person who thinks they are getting more than a fraction of what thier boss bills for them.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

It is all fucjing propaganda

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Strep Vote posted:

Washington is falling. :(

Stupid chud county.

wild to see the state turn more and more red, while Gov. Inslee hasn't done a single thing to stop it

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

I think they said space constallations or Greek or Roman godesses or something. You know when you've thought through your naming convention

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Oops! All propaganda.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cassandra Eitouldjuso

It often starts via bacterial infections in that general area (such as UTIs or piercings but also insect bites) and the odds seem to be increased if the patient is alcoholic or diabetic or immunosuppressed

Oh boy oh golly gee I'm hosed

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jon Irenicus posted:

call me when we eventually get the Omega Varient cause that one's gonna be a little on the nose

I'll get to bust out my impersonation of that old board game The Omega Virus

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
inslee has a presser scheduled at 2:30 today with the head superintendant of schools and his health secretary. let's see what they do now, probably lots of finger wagging and get the vaccine talk

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gio posted:

why of course d&d is santimonius about ppl lying to get a booster, i should have known

They were probing people for it at one point

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skewetoo posted:

Oops! All propaganda.

I don't watch TV, so I turned on the CNN feed from Pluto last night to see what normies were getting.

They did some report on a healthcare worker in Atlanta with breakthrough Long COVID, and they cut back to the anchor in-studio and she was crack pinging in real time and was about to cry. She asked the doctor "...so there's like...a 20% chance fully vaccinated people can be permanently debilitated?" and he was like "yes, that's correct".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

skewetoo posted:

I think they said space constallations or Greek or Roman godesses or something. You know when you've thought through your naming convention

Andromeda strain let’s gooooooo!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

babys are dying

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

actionjackson posted:

bunch of people in this thread going to take ED jobs, it will be like that third rock from the sun where they all pretend to be doctors

If MadJackal's anything to go by, I'd probably be a better doctor than some actual doctors, despite having no medical training.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Impkins Patootie posted:

babys are dying

all part of biden's plan. trust the plan.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

bunch of people in this thread going to take ED jobs, it will be like that third rock from the sun where they all pretend to be doctors

pretending this means erectile dysfunction

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rubby posted:

This guy gets it.

Hey can you repost your respirator post from the last thread

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

inslee has a presser scheduled at 2:30 today with the head superintendant of schools and his health secretary. let's see what they do now, probably lots of finger wagging and get the vaccine talk

Take a shot for every mask you see, and you'll be stone cold sober by the end (unless you've been pregaming, of course).

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Bonnaroo/status/1427699951467905024

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

They were probing people for it at one point

libs love Rules

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If Greg loving Abbott is lying to his constituents about the lethality of covid-19 while he secretly gets every kind of possible immunization known to man, you can assume that every single one of our leadership class is doing that.

There's nothing honorable or good about getting sick or dying for a lie when these vaccines have a definite shelf life and will likely be destroyed anyway.

it's more important to Follow The Rules than to live - liberals

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao finished my Gamefaqs speedrun to get booster at local pharmacy, different than the one I originally did (CVS).

I pretended to act on hearing information from the tech about 2nd mRNA shot being the most painful was the first time I heard this info(That's so interesting!).

I heard the pharmacy staff telling another customer waiting in line they are currently prioritizing people that didn't select a booster shot option for
their booking system.

Apparently they have direction to make booster requests a lower priority for new scheduling requests made over the portal. The new direction also seems to have filtered down about the 8 months time for 3rd booster shot for everyone else.

Will post a day from now what sort of side effects I experience (had 2 dose Pfizer as my last shot)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

death

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

Maximilianus Titros

The Legend of Titers Maximus

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao reddit quarantined the r/NoNewNormal subreddit that was all about funny memes against covid lockdowns

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

Thank you for the heads up.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

im a teacher and in two weeks i will be in a classroom full of unvaccinated children. absolutely no way am i risking my health bc Following The Rules is more important.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

twice a loving year we're going to go through this exact same hype cycle of "yahhhhhh!!! everyone got boosters!! open biden!!! it's over!!! back to school!!!" followed shortly by the hospitals being completely full and piles of dead people. rinse and repeat twice a year like clockwork
yeah lol

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
D.C. school protocols are out today and they're doing the whole "vaccinated kids who were in close contact with infected kids don't need to quarantine if they aren't showing symptoms!" thing.

Grateful that we only have a cat and she is not of school age.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

If MadJackal's anything to go by, I'd probably be a better doctor than some actual doctors, despite having no medical training.

I’ve been in a doctors office and watched them close a tab that was literally just them googling symptoms

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
where can I get good memes about anti vaxxers

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

HORSE OF THE YEAR posted:

I got J&J because it was the only option available to me at the time. I wanted Pfizer, but the way vaccines were rolled out in Arizona gave me no choice. I work in a grocery store so I did not want to put off getting vaccinated any longer than I had to. I feel uneasy about the protection offered by J&J, and am thankful that most of my family received mRNA vaccines, but I swear to gently caress if there's no data regarding boosters for J&J recipients in the next month, then Max T. Iters is coming down to his local CVS to get his sweet mRNA juice.

Why wait?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

inferis posted:

I’ve been in a doctors office and watched them close a tab that was literally just them googling symptoms

they're literally just body janitors lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You fool