Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I've got this shirt and, for some reason, a faded denim jacket. I'll grab a cheap pair of aviators and some jeans to match but probably won't bother coloring / cutting my hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

going to wear an outfit or 2.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Critical posted:

1998 is pretty dire. 15-1 with one of the most absurd offenses of all time, get to the NFC Championship, lose in overtime because Morten Anderson misses a field goal for the first time all season

One of the formative memories of my childhood was being in the room with my dad when Anderson missed the field goal and the absolute heartbreak written on his face. One of the formative memories of my teenage years was being in the room with my dad when Favre threw the interception and how loving mad he was. Thanks Vikings for these great experiences.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So to get out of the track I’m at, I have to queue up with the dragsters who are waiting to get on the track. I’m driving one of those Hyundai wannabe suvs.

Just wanted to let you all know in case I make the news.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
my dog is convinced that Hand Under The Blanket is the single most entertaining game ever invented

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you let puppy get a nice bitey mouthful of hand blanket. i do. still not sure if they are trying to bite hard or know it's me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

my dog is convinced that Hand Under The Blanket is the single most entertaining game ever invented

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cavauro posted:

do you let puppy get a nice bitey mouthful of hand blanket. i do. still not sure if they are trying to bite hard or know it's me

ya gotta or you ain't playing the game right

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

coconono posted:

So to get out of the track I’m at, I have to queue up with the dragsters who are waiting to get on the track. I’m driving one of those Hyundai wannabe suvs.

Just wanted to let you all know in case I make the news.

wtf does it mean [reads it again in a australian accent] ohhhhhhhh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC1ei5RlK7E

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That DICK! posted:

wtf does it mean [reads it again in a australian accent] ohhhhhhhh

I’m a computer toucher at the vroom vroom place

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

what the gently caress how does this work so well

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Critical posted:

what the gently caress how does this work so well

Nine Inch Nails owes a tonne to New Wave and disco, and Pretty Hate Machine is pretty much just the heaviest synthpop album ever to reach the mainstream.

It's not that suprising when you see pre-Nine Inch Nails Trent Reznor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYBx5NJULY

Taken from a Pitchfork retrospective review

quote:

The greatest trick Trent Reznor ever pulled was convincing the world he was the devil. With his biblical-phallic band name, his reportedly furious early live shows, his fishnets worn as sleeves, Reznor staked out a position for himself on the Alice Cooper shock-rock continuum. Reznor certainly talked a big game about his industrial influences, even taking part in the Wax Trax! collective Pigface, but it wasn't the punishing megaphone-addled arm of industrial that most informed Reznor's debut album; it was the genre's nascent new-wave period. Scene kings Ministry, after all, started out as floppy-haired New Romantics. And so, for that matter, did Reznor himself; Google Exotic Birds sometime.

Reznor would progress further into scraping roar not long later; 1992's "Wish" was certainly no Depeche Mode song. But Pretty Hate Machine is haunted, synthetic dance-pop through and through. The beats have muscle, but it's not metal muscle or pigfuck muscle or even post-punk muscle. "Head Like a Hole", the big hit, is probably the most rock thing on the whole album, but even that song opens with "Heart of Glass"-esque percussion ripples before the drum machine thunder and weird hooting noises come in. "Terrible Lie" is built on synth-scrapes that, in less distorted form, could've shown up on a New Order single, and "Sin" likewise has a whole lot of "Blue Monday" in its DNA. Whenever a verse ends during "Kinda I Want To", we get a quick little reptilian disco synth-fight. Glacial new-age keyboard tones abound, and big nasty guitars really don't. And Reznor knew how to mine this form for all the emotional catharsis it was worth, which was a lot.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i just got a midi keyboard/trigger pad that came with a basic version of ableton and i rly fuckin like this poo poo its so cool, i made this beat tonight

https://twitter.com/dommedeluise/status/1428236135306825729

coincidentally, it is a total nine inch nails rip.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

quitting smoking loving sucks so I'm just gonna cold turkey this poo poo. I'm done with expensive rear end vaping and dearly miss my much beloved black pack American Spirits. But they're killing me and if anything's gonna kill me its me by G-d so they must go.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lid posted:

Taken from a Pitchfork retrospective review

reznor was a (cleveland heights) coventry rat and played keys in a couple pop bands in the 80s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

quitting smoking loving sucks so I'm just gonna cold turkey this poo poo. I'm done with expensive rear end vaping and dearly miss my much beloved black pack American Spirits. But they're killing me and if anything's gonna kill me its me by G-d so they must go.

Good luck!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rutherford B. Gayes

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Should I finally give Dragon Age: Inquisition a try, or go back and play the Final Fantasy remaster?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CobiWann posted:

Should I finally give Dragon Age: Inquisition a try, or go back and play the Final Fantasy remaster?

Final Fantasy Remaster is still just Final Fantasy I. It's like 12 hours to complete, tops, less if you use a guide or can remember where to go for various things.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

I say go through the Final Fantasy remasters - I went through 1 - 3 this month and it's good. Never beat them before.

I love Dragon Age Inquisition. It is my favorite Bioware game and it has the best supporting cast. Gameplay is ok to good. When you're in the big zones its a great game to listen to podcasts while you clear the zone. And the real fun of the game is in the homebase between zones.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I can never go back to DA:I because of bioware nonsemse its possible to effectively lock yourself into an ending you do literally nothing to support subsequently hours before said situation even becomes apparent in the game. It upset me that everytime i pick it up again i dread going all those hours and judgments and then at the end be like "this is loving bullshit and i actively sabotaged this option at every possible turn".

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

NienNunb posted:

Rutherford B. Gayes

you know it babey

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Revisiting Deadwood, and the first season finale is probably in my 4 pillars of american tv episodes alongside Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Twin Peaks The Return episode 8, and a fourth pillar that I'm probably going to think of immediately after I post this.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I Before E posted:

Revisiting Deadwood, and the first season finale is probably in my 4 pillars of american tv episodes alongside Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Twin Peaks The Return episode 8, and a fourth pillar that I'm probably going to think of immediately after I post this.

Maybe the Shield premiere or finale? I don’t know if they’re they high but they’re up there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1c7Q7eF0Cc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I Before E posted:

Season 2's ending is also exceptional. Hearst finally showing up after looming large over the entire season, Wolcott falling apart, E.B finally getting his fortune, the wedding, Wu dedicating himself to America etc. God, what a great show.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 20, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I Before E posted:

Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

I Before E posted:

Revisiting Deadwood

deadwood is so loving good

e: i wonder if carnivale holds up

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it doesnt really sadly; the brother justin stuff is still insanely good obviously but once you know most of the side character arcs are going no where you stop giving a poo poo about 90% of the episode. not even artie - the strongest man in the world - could hold my interest

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I Before E posted:

"Ozymandias," Breaking Bad.
"Crossroads, Part II," Battlestar Galactica
"The Suitcase," Mad Men.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

The Ronny episode of Barry S2 that you love so much

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos

I'd put White Caps above Pine Barrens, though of course White Caps is a culmination of a whole lot of poo poo, whereas Pine Barrens does work pretty drat well as a self-contained thing.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CobiWann posted:

"Ozymandias," Breaking Bad.

the best hour of television ever created and it owns that moira got an emmy for it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I decided it's the episode of Eagleheart where Chris Monsanto becomes a superstar in the art world

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

drat it, why didn’t I think of Ozymandias, that’s the answer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I quit cold turkey, covid happened and my dog died. Still didn't take it back up. You got this poo poo.

Today I climbed on top of an 18 wheeler trailer to plug an ethernet cable in and also helped land a helicopter. If I can link up with some sober crew dudes, I'm gonna watch a bunch of drunks drive an RV they converted into a pirate ship. This job fuckin rules.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

coconono posted:

I quit cold turkey, covid happened and my dog died. Still didn't take it back up. You got this poo poo.

covid got me real bad on that front, I had a real connection between being bored and solving it by going to smoke

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

covid got me real bad on that front, I had a real connection between being bored and solving it by going to smoke

I vaped a lot of weed and went insane for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I had to deal with all the hurricanes and covid and gained a bunch of weight - got real depressed. Thankfully a doctor helped me and I'm working out again. Had a temptation to start smoking again but didn't wanna waste my money. I know you can do it!